Magni Fairing Source

BrianG

Hi Brian,

I noticed your message to me this morning regarding the avilability of Guzzi parts in Canada. It has to be said that for over 20 yrs, and up until late 2000, Canada was a not on the map importation wise with Guzzi. To answer your question on parts availability on new or old Guzzi parts accessories, other than your nearest dealer, there is nothing worth mentioning, aspecially for older stuff.

Preceding the dramatic devaluation of the U.S. dollar against everything else, it made most sense to get parts for most everthing Guzzi from Agostini in Mandello. Here in the NorthWest coast, Moto International is the place, but my friends and myself have had a series of bungled orders from their parts and accessory guys, which frankly scared alot of business to Agostini, and MPH Harpers, and other guys in the U.S. Now that the Canadian dollar is in a much more positive exchange situation, and with the strong Euro against the Can. dollar, finding parts in current U.S. inventory will be the best way. Stuff that needs to be brought in from Europe will be of no savings, just stuff that was inventoried before the U.S. dollar crash.

A Magni fairing in a shop inventory might be a long shot because of the cost, but you will have to get it from a shop, as the importer will only sell it to shops. I think it was a year ago that Moto International had a color keyed black Magni fairing kit in stock, and offered it to me at a very reasonable price, but as I would have had to paint it to match my green bike, it made no sense. That said, with regard to color matching, it does seem as though there is either two different shades of green for the early bikes, or inconsistant colors coming out of either Guzzi or Magni. Two V11s I've seen locally had very noticably bad color matching on the fairing, with the green anyways. It's pretty hard to screw up black, and well, I guess silver is straightforward to match as well.

Ciao, Steve G.

Thanks for that, Steve. I've been in contact with Dave Richardson, and he has been very helpful, even thought this is an e-bay deal. I'll give them a shout about the Magni fairing.... it should be the deal because my bike is black. My other bike is charcoal/orange and I was thinking of doing the Guzzi black/orange kinda like the newer Lemans has been done, or like the new Copra(sp), with the fairing and seat cowl done in the orange, so it matches the black/orange Givi luggage that I have.

I'm a bit dangerous with my VISA in the winter months. Edmonton's winter is just a bit more claustrophobic than yours, in Surrey.

Hi Brian,

Sorry ,I'm not sure how to use the personal message thing. I'm trying to remember the price of it, something about $1000us, which I believe is about half.

I know what you're saying about cabin fever. I need to have a bike ready during those days when it is not raining to keep the bike urge down to a dull roar. I went riding today, but it was cool, no more than 40 deg f, my hand were useless after an hour. But it was great to get the thing out. It is amazing how an air cooled engine responds to cold dense air.

Ciao, Steve G.

Bill, I just spoke to the fellow at Airtech. He said that they have the 1995-98 M/G Sport fairing. Do you think there are significant differences in the 1000 Sport and the V11 Sport, in terms of mounting the earlier fairing?

Also, I can't find a picture that shows the headlight detail very well on the 1000 Sport. Anyone know what's up there? :luigi:

Air tech's site says they''ll do custom work but then we're probably talking Magni prices???

I still may go with that Ducati 750 type fairing, but the lock to lock clearance of the bars worries me. The headlight shouldn't be too difficult to stick forward a few inches but then there's the wiring lengths to worry about.

It would be nice to have the fairing in hand to check everything.

Indeed, it would! But even if the suppliers allowed it, this stupid Customs thing would make that prohibitive. My experience has been that a $1.00 US item costs $2.00 Can. landed on my doorstep. and most of that is BS taxes and duties, which are a bitch to get back if you return stuff.