What are the best tyres for V11 ?

kenr

Vote for your favorite tyres for the V11....  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite tyres for the V11....

• Bridgestone BT10
    • Bridgestone BT12
    • Bridgestone BT20
    • Pirelli Diablos
    • Pirelli Dragon
    • Michelins Pilot Sport
    • Michelins Pilot Road
    • Metzeler M1 Sportecs
    • Avon 45/46ST
    • Conti Road Attack
    • Dunlop D205
    • Other

You can add more info by replying to this thread and hopefully this will become a central resource for information on the best tyres avilable for the V11, and specifics on tyre pressures, etc.

Obvioulsy this can only ever be a guide since people will have different preferences, set-ups and environments (weather, etc) that they ride in - but, hey, at least this information is free and impartial, and hopefully it can be a guide to help you make a choice for your next expensive rubber purchase.......... :bike:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add more info by replying to this thread and hopefully this will become a central resource for information on the best tyres avilable for the V11, and specifics on tyre pressures, etc.

Obvioulsy this can only ever be a guide since people will have different preferences, set-ups and environments (weather, etc) that they ride in - but, hey, at least this information is free and impartial, and hopefully it can be a guide to help you make a choice for your next expensive rubber purchase..........  :bike:

38029[/snapback]

On my 2000 V11Sport, I prefer the Dunlop D205 (120/70 front, 160/70 rear). I've tried:

Pirelli Dragon Corsa (oem)

BT010

BT020

Though they are the least sticky tire here, there is something about them that feels really good to me. I'm by far faster on the Dunlops that I ever was on the others. I have no chicken strips front or rear and only slide when I go through something slippery on the road. :grin:

On my 2000 V11Sport, I prefer the Dunlop D205 (120/70 front, 160/70 rear).  I've tried:

Pirelli Dragon Corsa (oem)

BT010

BT020

Though they are the least sticky tire here, there is something about them that feels really good to me.  I'm by far faster on the Dunlops that I ever was on the others.  I have no chicken strips front or rear and only slide when I go through something slippery on the road.  :grin:

38033[/snapback]

Are you sure about what you wrote ?

The Dragon corsa never be the OEM mount on any Guzzi bikes as far as i know

The Dragon corsa are ultre sport tyres for track !

The original mount to me was the Pirelli Dragon GTS which are far different tyres

I uses this on the SuperTwin & SuperCorsa too & they are incredible tyres from the corsa

Zeb, that's why we do not need to fix those tyres on the V11.

For everybody, as far I know, I have had:

BT 020

Pilot Road

Diablo

Metzeler sport M1

The best tyre was for me the Diablo. I do not know other tyres on the line, like Conti Attack, pilot sport, BT 010/012, Avon, etc.

I am sure I will go further to diascover the best tyre for my bike.

Next will be Avon 45/46

I'll vote when I tried more different tyres. Tend to stick to what works. I only used Diablos after std 020's. Didn't like 020's. Like Diablos, more grip, much more predictable & progressive, wear v. even across tread f & r. Mostly sports riding. Gonna trysomething with a more triangulated rear profile next, Michellins or maybe Avons? - I used 170 Diablo (5.5" rim) - improved turn-in massively but concerned it may run off tread on stretched profile, went back to 180 (Still prefer handling on 170). Get 2,500- 3,000 miles on Diablos, had 3,300 on 020's (by then they were v.unpleasant).

I use Guzzi handbook rec'd pressures. Works well. Tyre manuf seem to rec'd higher but feel too hard to me.

KB :sun:

Although my MG Sport is still on the way, my experience with tires is on my current ride, a 1999 CBR 900RR. The Bridgestone iteration of the day, 010 front and 020 rear, worked out really well for traction, especially dry, but milage was

Are you sure about what you wrote ?

The Dragon corsa never be the OEM mount on any Guzzi bikes as far as i know

The original mount to me was the Pirelli Dragon GTS which are far different tyres

I uses this on the SuperTwin & SuperCorsa too & they are incredible tyres from the corsa

38034[/snapback]

Nope, I'm not sure about the Pirelli's. That was 4 years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be. :wacko:

I thought that they were Corsas, but you could very well be right about them being GTSs. All I know is that they were 170s. The bike handled very strangely with them and at 1800 miles, the front was gone. From there I went to 160 rears and that is a huge improvement. And I still prefer the Dunlops to any of the other tires that I've tried. :race:

-ken

Baldini's "I'll vote when I've tried more tires" is, of course, the smart approach, but I went ahead and voted for the M1's. :D

As with all such things, it's likely an "it depends." At same time, the V11 Sport variants are not grand tourers, etc., so it seems to me, that unlike my EV, the goal is performance, not mileage, etc.

I have 13+K miles on my Ballabio now, on all sorts of roads, but relatively few slab miles and many leaning ones. I am on my 5th set of rear tires. before you think, "WHAT!?" :blink: , bear in mind that the first four rears were nailed, and one at 600 miles. :(

I went with 180 Metzler M1's (the stock offering) for first three, then switched to 170, then went 170 Michelin Pilot Roads.

I VERY much like the 170 over the 180, and the difference is almost startling to me. The brand is less of an issue as I find both M1 and MPR pretty fine. I did feel--as opposed to know for sure--that the M1's were stickier on all surfaces and weather conditions. That said, the MPR's are fine, and I would not hesitate remounting them when the time comes ... hopefully from miles, not nails!

Bill