*Possible* V11 fun!

pete roper

Got an e-mail from a bloke in Qld with a 2000 V11. Apart from the fact he's still waiting for the parts for the gearbox recall :huh2: he's interested in doing a bit of performance work.

I've tried to disuade him from too many engine mods, telling him to go and get the suspension fully sorted by someone like Frank Pons first, but he *is* interested in a few bits and bobs including twin plugging and one of Cliff's 'Pooters.

I've explained that I don't rate lighter pistons or rods as a first option and until the clutch starts to slip don't f#ck with it!!! So hopefully we'll be doing some twin plug work with a tuneable, closed-loop system on an essentially *standard* apart from twin plugged motor.

Note. I've deliberately tried to disuade him from hideously expensive super-duper-bigus-dickus' type mods because I honestly believe that if you want track performance for a fraction of the cost you can get far more track-bike with a 3 year old CBR600 or RGV250. Love a Guzzi for what it is, not what it's not!?!?!

Oh, Enzo, if you have a template for your V11 style windage plate I'd like to copy it, I'll do a run if there is enough interest and pre-orders, as I do believe that it would be one of the first and most sensible mods you can make on a V11.

Pete

...track performance for a fraction of the cost you can get far more track-bike with a 3 year old CBR600 or RGV250...

Pete,

True... but it's not a Guzzi! If it's trackdays - majority of trackday riders I've seen dunno where they're going anyhow, last thing they need is more power, it doesn't matter what they're on. Guzzis work great on track & if you look slow you always got an excuse with a Guzzi! Like you say more handling is better than more power most times.

Racing's a different thing....

Good to see you getting involved with the V11's, sure we'll all benefit.

KB

Pete,

True... but it's not a Guzzi! If it's trackdays - majority of trackday riders I've seen dunno where they're going anyhow, last thing they need is more power, it doesn't matter what they're on. Guzzis work great on track & if you look slow you always got an excuse with a Guzzi! Like you say more handling is better than more power most times.

Racing's a different thing....

KB

38298[/snapback]

Yup, I couldn't agree more, if Rob could get to the stage where R1 riders wouldn't talk to him by lunchtime at race schools when he was riding his slightly warmed over Mk I Lemon a well set up V11 and you shuld be able to have a ball!!!! :D

Kev Foote takes great pleasure in sticking it up 'Bussas and Fartbloods on his 48BHP Pantah, this is where the real fun is!!!!! :drink:

I can't ride for toffee, so it means little to me, and sad though it may seem what I really enjoy is swallowing large lumps of horizon on beasts like my SP and 'Vert, (It finally got here, even though the shipping bastards broke the screen :bbblll: !) but I really *do* like the new Guzzis, I just don't need one, that's all. I really hope that this bloke can get the parts for the gearbox job off the dealer as I'm dying to get inside a six speed box and so far haven't been able to.

I stand by my comments though. keep engine mods to a minimum until you've got the handling ridgey-didge. Then add as much midrange as you can, and then a bit more :grin: . Then go mad and add a flywheel that weighs half as muh as the bike.... Whoops, wrong forum :P:D:D:D

Keith, if you can stick up one of those pics from the workshop of the 1100Corsa and the Eldo. I know they aren't V11's but they show the heritage nicely and I think it important for Nuovo Guzzisti to appreciate that :bier:

Pete

...keep engine mods to a minimum until you've got the handling ridgey-didge. Then add as much midrange as you can, and then a bit more :grin: ...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete, I can't post pictures to site, wish I could - I email em to Jaap. But I didn't save pix you sent, computer's not big enough! Can you email it to Jaap?

Best, KB

Pete, I can't post pictures to site, wish I could -  I email em to Jaap. But I didn't save pix you sent, computer's not big enough! Can you email it to Jaap?

Best, KB

38301[/snapback]

Whoops! I knew they were fairly big but I'm completely doltish when it comes to 'pooters so I wasn't sure if they were enormous or simply VAST! :blush:

Ireally like the one of the Eldo and Corsa together it shows the heritage and similarities to great effect. If Jaap want me to mailone to him I can but it ain't a V11 so it may not be the right place.

Pete

:

. If Jaap want me to mailone to him I can but it ain't a V11 so it may not be the right place.

Pete

38323[/snapback]

= pete roper / I know they aren't v11's but they show the heritage nicely and I think it important for Nuovo Guzzisti to appreciate that

I agree or I could post more pics of pimpin' rides :grin:

:nopic:

38329[/snapback]

OK already! I'll post the pic(s) to Jaap :D I got one of Cliff on his Corsa too so you can see what 'Da Man' looks like.

Saw a new Breva owner today, guess what? she wants me to do the PD on the bike because she doesn't trust the dealer she purchased it from :bbblll::moon:

Jaap, what';s your email again :blush:

Pete