ECU

BrianG

I don't think this TuneEdit is his fulltime job. On the other hand the Aprilia and Triumph guys hardly talk about something different but TuneBoy, so either his support is not really too bad or the product is really very good.

Some days ago I ordered a cable for me and my TI-ecu, 3 days later I received an eMail that it's on it's way to me. I hope it will arrive early next week.

Hubert

65963[/snapback]

Excellent! :bier:

Good to see someone else going down this road, and if you care to show us the Ti-ECU map, we can see what Guzzi did to make it work with the Ti-mufflers.

So far I have only enriched the general area of where the PCIII maps suggest enriching is needed, and retarding the timing where pinging was happening.

And the bike is running better than ever....but I have only just begone. :P

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blush::2c:

By the way the Moto Spezial injection system is also really powerfull and interesting to build your own map , with a dynamic system with the lambda probe.

Perfect to always have the better map for your bike.

Just my way to go.

It made 2 years i ride with it and i more than happy with it.

I order a second unit for my new prototype :blush:

:blush:  :2c:

By the way the Moto Spezial injection system is also really powerfull and interesting to build your own map , with a dynamic system with the lambda probe.

Perfect to always have the better map for your bike.

Just my way to go.

It made 2 years i ride with it and i more than happy with it.

I order a second unit for my new prototype  :blush:

66670[/snapback]

You forgot to mention what it costs, didn't you?

Hubert

You forgot to mention what it costs, didn't you?

Hubert

66731[/snapback]

Paul posted a rough price of 1300Euros....way back on page 20(Jan.30,2005) of this thread...

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pic=4152&st=285

Pricey, but for those who want to save weight and space, while maintaining a tachometer and speedo, it is the Ultimate ECU.

Ofcourse, Cliff's is much less money,the Direct Link less than Cliff's ECU, PCIIIs less than Direct Link(when on sale) and TuneBoy without diagnostic is less than PCIIIs on sale.

But all have their values.

But with the lambda probe link it much more precise than cliff's one wich is the best intermediate way of doing.

Don't know about cliff way of tuning, but the MS unit allow a dynamic optimization that is the best to have an exact match between your bike settings and the injection system.

The datas are corected by the information returned by the lambda probe.

But with the lambda probe link it much more precise than cliff's one wich is the best intermediate way of doing.

Don't know about cliff way of tuning, but the MS unit allow a dynamic optimization that is the best to have an exact match between your bike settings and the injection system.

The datas are corected by the information returned by the lambda probe.

66925[/snapback]

Yes, that's exactly what Cliff's system is doing.

Does the MS unit provide a wide-band lambda controller or do you have to buy this still separately?

What I like very much on the MS unit is the beautifull tach- and speedometer it has. Taking it's advantages and the injection capabilities into account it is indeed not as pricey as it may look on first sight. Don't forget: the nice but nevertheless only mid-quality Titan cans together with a 20,- Euro standard ECU also cost already more than 1000,- Euros!

Hubert

Hubert,

The ms system is made for one or 2 small band lambda sensors. I'm thinking of buying 2 innovate LC1 units to attach to it. The get a wideband good working needs a bunch of electronics.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

The lambda curve from the sensor is adjustable in the ms unit, as well in the LC1 so it would connect well.

Hubert, 

The ms system is made for one or 2 small band lambda sensors. I'm thinking of buying 2 innovate LC1 units to attach to it. The get a wideband good working needs a bunch of electronics.

The lambda curve from the sensor is adjustable in the ms unit, as well in the LC1 so it would connect well.

67011[/snapback]

I just received the FJO dual-channel wideband kit. I'm just trying to figure out the best location for the controller. Where's the best wiring spot to get switched 12V power?

I have tried also to find a spot without damaging the wireingloop. But measuring with my digital meter showed that the voltage to the lambda dropped a lot on most switced wires. So I suppose a relay that is switched and is connetted to a high power furse is the best way. And make a good ground.

Hubert, 

67011[/snapback]

Hi Paul,

those small or narrow band, also called switching probes, are absolutely useless for controlling advanced ecus like the MS.

The link to the LC1 unit is very good. Thank you for this! I still have the old wbO2 controler under my seat, and this unit is just too big. The price of it, under 200,- USD is also very much competitive. I think I will order one.

Hubert

Hello

I am now through with this post - it took me 4 days to learn a lot. I'm very impressed about this discussion and the very high level of knowledge in the statements. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Many owners of MY 2000 V11s are posting here and so I will add my Lambda-measurements performed 4 weeks ago with my bike. The mapping ist untouched by now. I used a Dynojet wideband controller and measurements were taken on the open road from the right cylinder.

This is at full throttle. The very lean condition at 3000 ist accompanied by pinging when accelerating the hot engine at WOT. I would be interested, why Moto Guzzi applied a mapping like this.

Next point is a very rich condition (10 - 10,5) at 3-4 % throttle opening. The engine runs on idle at 13 - 14 A/F (approx. 3 - 3,5 % CO) and when you slowly open the throttle this condition occurs. At throttle openings above that level, the A/F returns to 12,5 - 14.

I suppose this could be the reason why my bike cannot be accelerated smoothly from the closed throttle. There is always a hickup that makes the ride less enjoyable.

I won't bore you with the part throttle measurements - the readings are a little onthe lean side, but not that much like above.

To cure all this, I orderd the Ultimate Software which hopefully will be usable in the next weeks. Our local Guzzi-Dealer Pepo Seewald owns a Dynojet-Dyno and the tuning will be done there. I hope I will get all well done.

Ernst