TLM centerstand for V11 Sport

callison

$185 later... it simply doesn't fit. No instructions aren't much of a help, but the ONLY location the cross frame fits is OUTSIDE of the porkchop sideplates. Pretty hideous. The inner part is an interference fit with existing frame parts. I'm not certain if it is meant to fit some other V11 Sport variant, but I would suggest NOT buying one. The one for the Sport 1100i however, works just fine and is visually unobtrusive. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatment.

Dang, Carl. I got one of those things for my Scura recently. Its on my garage floor waiting to be installed. Im waiting for the weather to warm up. Its been way down in the 60's here lately. Sheeze. Anyway, I held it up and it looked to me like it would fit okay. The piece looks pretty well made to me > if it will fit. Those little ears outside the porkchops wont be so bad. Maybe you got the wrong one. If the day gets up into the 70's this weekend, maybe Ill get out there and try to put mine on. Ill let you know how it works out. Oh, by the way, Al R. and you other guys .., I WILL make some pics of it in UP and Down position > the stand, that is :unsure:

At a guess, I receive something other than what I ordered. This would be the dealers mistake, not TLM's, howver, a lack of instructions of any sort and/or labelling, would leave the dealer in the dark as well. Anybody need a center stand for something other than a 2001 model?

Guest mphcycles

At a guess, I receive something other than what I ordered. This would be the dealers mistake, not TLM's, howver, a lack of instructions of any sort and/or labelling, would leave the dealer in the dark as well. Anybody need a center stand for something other than a 2001 model?

Carl we have insalled a couple of those and yes it looks like it wont it. Ours did.

Big PITA to do tho. But it wont fit anything with the 5.5 rear wheel.

You are talking about Carl's centerstand? Or any TLM centerstand?

39775[/snapback]

Jaap,

We put a TLM stand on a 00 V11 sport, difficult, but doable.

Ordered another for 02 LeMans, when they were first released, assured it would work.

After several hours of trying, and some heated phone calls,

we were told they had never actually installed it on a LeMans,

but that "it should fit".

It didn't.

I understand that TLM now has a version for the "wide wheel" bikes.

Maybe that's what I received. I went out into the garage last night and tried again. The exhaust crossover hanger mounting tabs are dead nuts the same as the mounting tabs on the TLM stand I have. So that's a no go. I put the bike back together. So, are the exhaust collector mounting tabs on the "wide" bikes wider or narrower than those found on the earlier V11 Sport?

I still think the hardware mounting outside of the porkchop is pretty ugly. The Sport 1100i stand is visually very unobtrusive. A fair bit heavier though.

My Y2K V11S came with the center stand installed. I took it off when I put the Stucchi X on. Seems to come off and go back on very easily. About a 15 minute job (I'm a bit slow).

I took it off because I don't like center stands unless they are well balanced for quick deployment. This one takes a few spirited pulls and some finesse. Hope it's happy on my garage floor. If anyone wants it speak up. At least we know it fits the V11s perfectly.

Carl,

The first center stand I got from TLM was for pre 2002 models and was returned to them for a full refund.

The new stand which became available 6 months later fits my 2002 scura very nicely. Its very well made with a little know-how needed in deploying the stand initially. It now comes naturally (using right toe to deploy stand, move bike forward maybe 6 inches and then quickly reverse motion snapping bike up on stand). :bier: