2006 Griso pix

Skeeve

Some pix I took of the Griso at the recent Cycle World show in Long Beach. I coulda taken pics of the MGS-01 too, but they actually didn't have it situated as well wrt space [right next to a pillar, other bikes, etc.], so this is all you get.

As I posted some time back, one of the Aprilia honeys staffing the booth actually said this was her favorite of the Guzzis. I have to admit that the first pic I saw of the Griso from the Milan? Cologne? show last year were nowhere near as good looking as this Bike was in person, which is hopeful for future sales success! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Ske...er/e76a90a2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Ske...er/e227a1ca.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Ske...er/9b139bff.jpg

:thumbsup:

I have to agree with you. The first pictures of the Griso I say struck me as hideous. In person, it's a lot more attractive. One positive move was to ditch the droopy meliting glass Salvadore Dali headlight and put on a standard round one. I'd like to see a less obtrusive silencer though. IMHO, a Nortonesque reverse cone megaphone of a somewhat smaller diameter would look terrific.

In my opinion all V-Twins should have twin pipes! :)

The one think I hated about my Mille was the single

(huge) pipe on one side. Nevermind I'm sure there will

be plenty aftermarekt stuff - maybe even a facory option?

I sure have the hots for that Griso though!

Looking forward to a very healthy relationship with one of these. Hoping to take delivery in Italy late next year. Wish me luck.

Todd<at>GuzziTech.com

40015[/snapback]

Wish you luck!? I'm too envious! :)

Is that the Breva 1100 motor in there or the old 4 valve that we all drool over ?

40017[/snapback]

The Breva 2 valve 2 plug motor. The 4 valve will last leave the factory in the MGS-01 Corsa and then there shall be no more.

Your drool will henceforth cease until a watercooled 4 valve comes along!

...I'd like to see a less obtrusive silencer though. IMHO, a Nortonesque reverse cone megaphone of a somewhat smaller diameter would look terrific.

39994[/snapback]

The huge can was the one reservation the Aprilia hottie made in her praise of the Griso; I took that opportunity to educate her on the whys & wherefores of such a choice, while complimenting her on her good taste & fine eye for detail. After the initial compliment, her eyes quickly glazed over, so I left off discoursing on the finer details of harmonic volumes, etc. & just left it at "air-cooled engines are noiser than water-cooled ones, so they need bigger mufflers to sneak in under the bar for regulations covering maximum noise output..." to which she gave grudging allowance as to why Guzzi gave the Griso such an obtrusive exhaust can.

Suffice to say, that unless there is an over-riding access issue [say, a single-sided swingarm or a chain that needs oiling], then there's no real reason to put a single huge can on a Bike. I strongly suspect that there will be a replacement can for the Griso that will make the exhaust a 2->1->2 configuration, allowing for better muffling while simultaneously providing less backpressure and superior cornering clearance. Talk about win-win!

:thumbsup:

Its still as ugly as sin IMO and I would of prefered to see the same effort go into getting the MGS-01 Series into production rather than this bike. I think it's destined for the sales mediocraty that afflicted the Centuaro. But thats my opion.

Its still as ugly as sin IMO and I would of prefered to see the same effort go into getting the MGS-01 Series into production rather than this bike. I think it's destined for the sales mediocraty that afflicted the Centuaro. But thats my opion.

40044[/snapback]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; I agreed w/ you based on the pix I'd seen until I glimpsed it in person, when I started coming around.

Griso vs. Centauro: I don't think it will have the same poor sales experience as the Centauro, because the best the press ever had to say about the latter was "it has very advanced styling," whereas the press has pretty much been saying that the "Griso's styling is the best thing since meat on a stick!" Worlds of difference in the reception the machine is receiving, which can only help.

Still wish it had inherited the 4v donk; that would have looked rad!

:food:

Are those actual big tube headers ?

No they are actually heat-shielded (standard diameter to the current V11S') ala most aftermarket HD sewage-pipe-sized headers.

The 2v motor in this bike (and the Breva-11), is one of "higher output" to the current V11S' (by a VERY slight margin mind you). I look forward to another 100k miles with a 2v'er.

You can bet if anyone doesn't have an aftermarket muffler for it when it arrives, GuzziTech.com will. I'm planning to get both the Griso and the Breva-11 to Dynojet probably before the production versions start arriving.

ToddGuzziTech.com