Shock Horror

Martin Barrett

77476[/snapback]

, what have I let myself in for.

BTW do V11 cutches rattle in 1 and 2nd gears at low speed overrun or should I have another dose of paranoia? :o

77477[/snapback]

You (Rosso Mandello and Tenni & Scurra) have a single plate clutch different from all the others. They do rattle to various degrees. So far only known failures have been Scurras (later model run) Not known if it's down to inadequate tightening of the mounting bolts or some other cause expansion rates in different material or another inherent weakness.

Do a search on scurra clutch - you'll find the horror stories, there have only been a few but can be quite catastrophic :(

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2c: maybe you should have turned t5. big bore. 4 plug. head flowed or turbo :huh2: but now your part of it..the conspiracy..by the mafia perhaps :huh2: ''dares der parts..now wear der wine''

77476[/snapback]

Oh sh^#%t and to think we were both doing 200kmh a day ago and both of us on Sachs shocks, when will this paranoia end. I'm only new to this v11 game and didn't have any of these problems on my faithful 69 V7 Special or 85 T5 850 tourer, what have I let myself in for.

BTW do V11 cutches rattle in 1 and 2nd gears at low speed overrun or should I have another dose of paranoia? :o

77477[/snapback]

I don't see a crack on mine, but . . . is there a 'bushing ' of sorts within the eye? Mine has a significant space between the bush and the eye. It is only apparent at the aft and must measure ten or fifteen thousandths of an inch. Too much? WTF?

77427[/snapback]

Damn, I'm going to have to check mine again, you guys are scaring me. I honestly thought all along that this Sachs shock problem was at the top of the shock.

Ciao, Steve G.

Damn, I'm going to have to check mine again, you guys are scaring me. I honestly thought all along that this Sachs shock problem was at the top of the shock.

Ciao, Steve G.

77491[/snapback]

It was the bottom eye. I think - brain like a sieve

I suppose I should check mine. I have doused the lower eye liberally in ACF50 though which should both protect it from corrosion and lubricate it.

Oh nooo.

Not another issue....

Do I go out in the freezin cold garage now and take a look under me Rosso...

or do I wait til tmrw???

Its gone 11.45pm here..

Not sure i wanna look! Could be expensive!

:huh2::unsure: Oh, I gotta know...

GETTIN DRESSED AN GOIN TO LOOK!!

Hi Dave

Too dark to see shock mountings in garage so will have to wait until tomorrow- how will I sleep tonight????

How are you getting on with your Rosso Corsa?

Regards

Guy  :helmet:

77420[/snapback]

When you've assured yourselves that the shocks will hang together and the salt is off the road give me a shout for a ride out. Three RCs on the road, could be a memorable sight if you're up for it.

All the best

John

When you've assured yourselves that the shocks will hang together and the salt is off the road give me a shout for a ride out.  Three RCs on the road, could be a memorable sight if you're up for it.

All the best

John

77666[/snapback]

Sounds good John! I'm up for it.

Guy :helmet:

When you've assured yourselves that the shocks will hang together and the salt is off the road give me a shout for a ride out.  Three RCs on the road, could be a memorable sight if you're up for it.

All the best

John

77666[/snapback]

Hi guys

good idea, suppose I better start getting it back together ready for spring

Where we gonna go John, a good couple of hundred mile to get the engine warmed through I think is required

Guy are you bringing the Guzzi or the Harley

Dave

Hi guys

good idea, suppose I better start getting it back together ready for spring

Where we gonna go John, a good couple of hundred mile to get the engine warmed through I think is required

Guy are you bringing the Guzzi or the Harley

Dave

77755[/snapback]

Defo the Guzzi! Will have my Fast By Ferracci high comp pistons fitted by then.

Guy

Where we gonna go

Dave

77755[/snapback]

How about a nice trundle up to Hawes, mug of tea and a bacon butty then back down past Settle, through the Trough Of Bowland and back along the A59?

We could meet at the Liitle Chef on the A59 / A65 roundabout near Skipton.

I don't mind where we go as long as we avoid the towns where possible!

Do you mind if Helen brings her V11 too?

Guy :helmet:

How about a nice trundle up to Hawes, mug of tea and a bacon butty then back down past Settle, through the Trough Of Bowland and back along the A59?

77809[/snapback]

I will go for some of that

e-mail when we want to set something up

77809[/snapback]

Skipton?? I been there, nice little town. I have to say though that Theakstons ESB is way better in Masham than Skipton. They spin the barrels softer!

Ciao, Steve G.