This is Cymru

Baldini

Nice one! I reckon Wales has the best roads in Britain, and they are reasonably accessible to the majority of UK riders. Shame about the attitude of some of the police though!!!

Lasy year I did a run on a newly tarmaced road heading away from Machynlleth towards Strata Florida in mid Wales. I believe the locals nickname it the Welsh TT and it was one of my best rides of the summer- empty and twisty and mountainous!

:drink:

Nice one! I reckon Wales has the best roads in Britain, and they are reasonably accessible to the majority of UK riders. Shame about the attitude of some of the police though!!!

Lasy year I did a run on a newly tarmaced road heading away from Machynlleth towards Strata Florida in mid Wales. I believe the locals nickname it the Welsh TT and it was one of my best rides of the summer- empty and twisty and mountainous!

:drink:

41013[/snapback]

I've also heard some horror stories about Wales´ finest, who don't seem to appreciate motorcycles.

Other than that Wales seems to be one of the finest places to ride - smooth roads, great tarmac. The British Superbike magazine favour Wales and France when it comes to test rides.

Søren

I spent a week touring Wales by bike on the way to the IOM TT. This is motorcycle country. I have extremely fond memories of this country.

A very memorable time has just come back to me, one I had with my recently departed dad. Back in '84 the two of us found ourselves enjoying a pint of bitter in a lovely old public house in the town of Dolgellau, after another great day touring. As we sat there, the town constable entered, greeted with waves and smiles from the locals. It seemed he was on his way home, and stopped by for a pint before dinner. He noticed us, and walking over he started telling everyone within long earshot his daily joke, and as he finished his joke at the foot of our table, giggling and patting us both on the back, we of course joined in with the laugh which encompased everyone in the pub. As he walked back to the bartender, I looked over to dad who had a silly grin on his face, as he said "great joke, eh", to which I replied, "i guess". The constable spoke Welsh throughout the joke, and it seems the real joke was on the two of us. For the rest of the night, we could not buy a beer, or any food. Great people! Magnificent scenery.

Another time in the Rhondda Valley, we found ourselves hopelessly lost. A couple of suitably coal dust covered kids kindly told us the proper way to our destination, of course in Welsh. Another good chuckle as we drove away.

My last time riding there, while on my way to the Heysham ferry boat to IOM, I spent 2 nights at Llangollen, using it as a base to tour Northern Wales, including the Snodon Pass and out to Holy Island. I was with an American surgeon serviceman on the tour I was with, [Edelweiss] and his bike quit. We had AA coverage, so I went into the town of Ysbyty-ifan [don't even try to pronounce that one], where I found but one telephone, which ate coinage like a Las Vegas slot machine. Again, a Welsh speaking fellow, who when I told him I was Canadian, was very nice. Good memories, I won't bore you guys anymore.

Ciao, Steve G.

Goran. Why is that man hitting that woman on the head with a stick????? :D

Can I post pics direct here or do I have to have them up on Ofoto or one of those sites? I've got some nice pics of a beautiful bit of road they've just sealed between Bermagui and Tathra on the south coast of NSW. I had a ball down there the other day, the caravan and creeping Nissan Bluebird brigade haven't discovered it yet so even in peak holiday season I was able to have some fun :race: , at least until I got stuck behind a group of the 'Old-Sillies' club out dragging the chrome off their collostomy bag holders on their Viragos and Vulcans :bbblll::moon:

It was 40*C in Bungendore 2 days ago, I would of welcomed a bit of snow!! Almost!!!! Worst thing was the 'Mighty Convert' blew a transmission line!! Bloody cheek! It's only 24 years old, you can't get anything that lasts nowadays, (Moan, Grumble :grin: )

Pete

Pete, I just learned how to post pics here but it'd take a better man than me to explain it, it probably depends on what programmes are on your PC as to how it's done... :wacko:

Go to Mutha of all V11 forums on forum menu page & see How to post a picture pinned at top. Make sure you compress the file size ( :blink: ) so it's not too big...

Jaap - I tried to post on the Gallery page but it said wrong user name/password & wouldn't accept my email address either. Help?

Anyhow - Here's a pic of me Tonti... :)

Copy_of_Tonti.jpg

If you're into Trailies or as we call them, Dualsports, check this site out....

http://www.dual-sport.co.uk/

It's Welsh based. Tell them Dirtybill sent you.

If you go into the gallery on the below site you'll see some of the back country of BC Canada, and there's some pics from Baja Mexico and Africa on there as well.

http://www.DualsportBC.com

We just won for the 2nd consecutive year, the best bike club booth at the Vancouver bike show. Next year's show is the one we think we'll not be asked to afterwards. We're going to blow everyone into the weeds and cause some controversy..............just how I like it :bier:

Guest Steve_W
now THAT is Sweet :food:

Oh yeah! :P:

People who can do stuff like this are disgusting. :angry: My greatest talent with tools is throwing them, so I'd have to pay someone to do it. One of these days...