New Owner and Dumb Questions

BrianG

I think I am the only person running a reverse shift pattern. I had to make a some small parts to make it work. I should have a chance to post some pics this weekend. I did a quick writeup ages ago and emailed it to someone.... Do they still have it???

41527[/snapback]

That'd be great!

I don't really see why the flip of the belcrank isn't going to work, but I'd love to see your version! :food:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't work for me. Could switch sides from the Norton to the Honda but couldn't seem to switch patterns.

Hot through a highway cloverleaf in third gear, hard over and rolling on the throttle, through 8000 RPM, and neatly snick into .......... second........... SUCKS!!! :homer:

Turned out WAY easier to switch the 900RR to GP pattern than reverse the Norton. The '86 Lemans was a piece o' cake too. I'm a'feared that I'm just a GP kinda guy! :race:

OK.... one more legitimate question.......

I am looking at the pair of keys that came with the bike. They have plastic heads with what seems to be a circle with a vertical bar inside, for markings. also, there is a plastic semi-circular arc with that same marking embossed on it, preceeding the word ZADI. There are 4 words embossed at the ends of the arc, each saying "cut" in the particular language. Suspended below the arc is a recxtangle with ZADI on one side and a 4 numeral number on the other.

Are these original keys?

What's the arc thing?

Is the number the key-code?

Completed the Out of Province Safety Inspection, and the RIV Compliance Inspection today........... more questions!

Clattering noise at idle.... sounds like a big end bearing...... goes away when clutch lever is pulled..... Is this NORMAL??

Manual says 0.002 valve lash on both sides for "American Specs". Rest of world is 0.004/0.006. Now that the bike is free of y'all.... can I set it to these more intelligent lash settings?

Is the electric fuel solenoid a frequent source of fuel leak?

Is the throttle butterfly shaft a common source for fuel drips?

Got to 2 of the grease zerks on the drive shaft, but not the front cross zerk. Is there a trick or is this a disassembly issue?

Why would the PO have drilled 4 1-1/4 holes in the airbox lid?

Is that retarded battery placement correct??

What terrific workmanship....... mostly!!

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...8&hl=grease+gun

Brian, try this link for a solution to the driveshaft problem. My clutch rattles when in gear and the clutch is pulled in. When stopped at lights or whatever I just click it into neutral, no noise that way. There's a lot of happy owners out there who opened up their valve clearances to the world specs and found their bikes idled a lot stronger as a result. The PO would have drilled the holes to let the motor breathe a lot more. Some prefer to do this rather than fit the aftermarket lidless air filters. Retaining the lid on the airbox reduces the induction noise. I guess the battery's position is standard, my brake fluid reservoir is so close to my battery that it's not funny.

Rob

-25! you mean celsius or fahreneit?

If they are celsius, some questions come to my mind: what kind of engine oil do you use to work at tohse very low temperatures?

gasoline, brake oil clutch oil, the grease on the joint , oes not they just freeze at these temperatures?

gallo... VERY funny!!

We use the Celcius temperature scale up here.... much like the rest of the world!

0 C = freezing and -40 C = -40 F .... 100 C = boiling.

It has been -40 C/F for weeks at a time this winter.

Car oil is 5- W40 synthetic. The motorcycle has 20W-50 but only runs in the heated garage. The Michelin Pilot Road tires were not available with studs!

As for brakes and other hydraulics..... all our stuff is cable-actuated becasue it's so cold.!! :lol: