Not Telling (sulking)  :P

44112[/snapback]

For goodness sake keep the man busy and involved with these quizzes!

All the time he is spending hours answering cryptic clues means less time out there nicking V11 riders!!

Or has that been the cunning plan from day one???

:nerd:

STEVE got it, its a 1955 wooler the last year produced (because he died) I thought it a little harder to recognize because it doesn't look as much like his ealier "flying banana" bikes and more like a dragonfly. But Cheers on the keen observation and I swear I think martin was just letting someone else get a point this time. Ha. well thats it then

:bier:

It's tough being on the west coast, by the time I get home, Martin's nailed the thing. Thanks for letting me get it Martin, I know you had it, this was an easy one.

Ciao, Steve G.

44135[/snapback]

That's why we try and time them for when Martin goes to bed - unless he never sleps!

It's got to be a Wooler. From the side I can see the resemblence to the Douglas Dragonfly, but the flying banana tank is the give away.

Ciao, Steve G.

44116[/snapback]

Yes, you're right! I think the article I had in mind mentioned that Wooler was the design guy behind the last Douglas & continued on his own after the company folded up its tent.

But with a memory like mine ["He has a mind like a steel trap. You know, like for a sink?... ;) ]

Good call!

• 4 months later...
Guest Nogbad
Wooler

Edit:

Wierd; the last half dozen posts were invisible until I posted.  Deliberate?

56212[/snapback]

So weird, that I don't believe you! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
@Mike: Forgot to check the second page with postings?  Happens to the best of us.

56221[/snapback]

Quite likely. I'm certainly not the best of us. I'll see if I can dig up some interesting pics from my collection. Unfortunately it's all still in analogue form and I HATE scanning, so it may take some time.

m