Next bike

Admin Jaap

What's your next bike going to be?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What's your next bike going to be?

• I'll keep my V11 forever!
    • Another V11
    • Definetly another Guzzi!
    • The new Moto Guzzi Griso
    • The new Breva 1100
    • Another Italian brand
    • BMW
    • Japanese crotchrocket
    • Other brand
    • I'll quit biking

Didn't see "keeping it, but buying a second bike later"...probably will keep the V11S as the "sport bike", but want something more touring oriented with bags later (contenders at moment are BMW GS1200 and Yamahammer 1300). k

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad
Didn't see "keeping it, but buying a second bike later"...probably will keep the V11S as the "sport bike", but want something more touring oriented with bags later (contenders at moment are BMW GS1200 and Yamahammer 1300). k

45202[/snapback]

I think the Ducati ST3 is well tasty for a touring bike

I'd rather have the 1000 DS but then you run into the same problem as with the lemans, where do you put the damn bags. or get them. anyway bugger it all just get a HUGE backpack and leave the passengers at home. Maybe we could devise something to drag all our crap behind us but not a trailer thats just lame. :unsure:

45202[/snapback]

It doesn't say you have to sell what you got to get your next bike. I won't sell my V11 but I will buy - wait a minute - I just bought another Guzzi!!! Now I have a V10, V11 and a V12!!! Wooohooo!

I voted 'other brand' but that doesn't mean the Scura has to go. I'm getting a Wraith ( http://www.confederate.com/con_web/home/machine/wraith.html ). Now all I have to do is win the lottery and convince the Misses. (winning the lottery has better odds)

BTW, I just showed some kid on a Ninja that the front end of the Scura does come off the ground, much to the surprise of my daughter who was along side on her Duc M750.

I have no plans to sell my V11 either,

:mg:

but if a go crazy and sell the BSA

I've probably get another bike,

I am thinking a

GasGas 450 for all year around

magne-gasgas.jpg

and/or a

Ducati 748 for track days and more

Ducati%20748.jpg

Time and money put some limits on my stupidities luckily. :homer:

Ehhh get an R1` or an MV for a track bike I say, I also showed someone on a gixxer that the front end indeed comes off the ground and then managed to whoop his arse to 60mph, but then he was gone like a blur ;) Oh well I dont' need a double the speed limit strip your license ticket, I drive truck for a living. And a wraith? I'd much rather have the Hellcat or the heretic although I like the look of the hellcat a little more. Don't know how long you can ride a tractor seat on a motorcycle. Maybe I can get my boss to buy one(he's thinking about it) and I'll take it for a spin. Also if anyone watches the biker build off when exile was on there the bike they made was supposed to he "his" bike (he already has an older exile b4 anyone know who they were) they had talked about and drawn up the desing 6 mo's b4 then they started shooting 2 different shows and he stole the idea for the build off and tried to charge him double to take it home he blew that off $80K didn't sound nearly as nice and it would no longer be very unique.

There shoulda been an option for "Keep the V11 & add another..."

The other will almost certainly not be a Guzzi, since little out there compares with the KLR650 kwakker for the "dual purpose urban assault commuter" role. The new KTM Adventure has certainly got some chops, but I'm too poor to afford two expensive motorcycles; I'd want the KLR for the occasional off-road putt and the daily commute, & save the LeMans for the long & winding road...

:thumbsup:

Guest aironepony

If my Rosso Corsa has to go, then it would have to be a Falcone Sport. Gentile fun with eye appeal and a sporting provenance. But I expect that the Rosso will decay together with me.

My next bike in my stable would be a Ghezzi-Brian Supertwin!  Guzzi Powered  :mg:   , Italian :helmet:   , lightweight and handling like a Ducati.   :race:   Life is good!  :grin: 

Mike

Cool! I didn't know that the Ghezzi supertwin is that good handling machine?

It is also nice looking. Are there any online tests about this baby?

I remember I have seen some long ago but I can't find now. :angry:

It is very hard for me to think riding another bike than what I have now (Sport Corsa1100i '98) And I think I keep her as long as it gets :wub: .If it is to get another probably Italian based machine. Option(s)

1.Get also a 999 for trak days, (Services sound expencive and the machine has a bit quirky character......,hmmmm -_- And that Ducati sign looks more like a head of a screw than anything else.(Perhaps indicating the owner what to expect? :luigi: .. :huh2:

2.A MV augusta is very nice but also isn't a bicylinder....hmmmmm.

3.Chezzi Brian supertwin, sound good , but have to be done a couple of mods to it, like the front brakes-classic look is better for me,I recon though sth not right with the design as it looks with a too staight,flat basis,where the fairing tank and tail create a straight line with the body under them, and that's a minus :huh:

4.Try making a custom MGS1 with the MGS1 chassis and a 2v engine.(I'll later tune the engine to around 110wHP that are good enough for me)This will require more $$

5.Get another Sport Corsa 98 as mine and tune one of them,So it is One original,one tunned.

As a designer I can easily tell that the design of the sport Guzzis Daytona1000-to RS and the 1100Sport are diachronical, hence they don't really belong into en era of designs like 99,999% of the motorcycles do.They are there because they just are...a class of it's own.

Guest Dave Pott

My wife and I are serious D.I.N.K.S. and so must spend that $ some how. So I agree with the "Keep the V11 and add another" option someone mentioned.

I'm going to take a look at the new '05 Truimph Sprint ST when it comes out. Have only seen photos and read specs but.....me likeee :) .....Ofcourse, a Tuono has a siren song that is hard to ignore :whistle:

My Guzzis will stay put :mg: