MGS-01 when?....

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goffredo,

I'm curious where the 40 bikes went, can you find out how much to each country?

I know 2 are deliverd on Man

2 are sold in germaney trough daes motec

3 are on sale in england.

where is the rest?

And how much of them are sitting in a shop?

Guest goffredo
Goffredo,

I'm curious where the 40 bikes went, can you find out how much to each country?

I know 2 are deliverd on Man

2 are sold in germaney trough daes motec

3 are on sale in england.

where is the rest?

And how much of them are sitting in a shop?

45436[/snapback]

5 in France and some 5 to 10 in Italy. All either sold or somehow already reserved, I guess.

I know that MGS is assembled outside of the standard assembly chain, directly in the R&D department under the supervison of Giuseppe Ghezzi. That is beacuse they do not have anymore certain facilities they had when the 4V was in ordinary production. So the MGS-01 is litteraly HAND MADE, as it was for the first V7 Sport Telaio Rosso! I'd say they have completed around 20 bikes so far ( remember that the factory have been either closed or worked at reduced times for several months now), but that's only my educated guess. As soon as I hear from Ghezzi, I'll let you know more.

G.

As soon as I hear from Ghezzi

Goffredo, when you speak him, can you ask if the parts from the mgs can be ordered. Some parts are interesting to more people. Like the wheels, they will fit in other guzzi's too. And so are there more parts. The sparepartscatalog was put online at the guzzi website.

Guest PAULSMART

Interesting that the MGS-01 on Ebay did not sell (fell short of list price by some £1200).

I'm not sure if this is of any significane, or reflection on demand???

What is pleasing is the dealer has not profited through his speculation (apologies to dealer if it is a cancelled order).

PAUL

... I'm curious where the 40 bikes went....

Paul, I heard of 5 in England/Wales - 4 w/dealers, 1 w/private owner + the IOM ones.

Guess there just isn't the interest in Guzzi.

I was surprised Peter Hindley's Sporti didn't make more on e-bay.

KB :sun:

I believe 7 bikes made it to the UK:

1 M & S Motorcycles, Newcastle (For Sale used)

1 Twiggers, Leics (For Sale)

1 Colwyn Bay, Wales (For Sale)

1 In Moto, London (For Sale)

1 Paul Dedman Performance, IOM

1 Motori Di Marino, West Sussex (For Sale)

Don't know who sold the 7th but it has been bought by a geezer who has made it road legal for daytime use only.

Interestingly, the one for sale at Motori Di Marino is advertised as 1260cc- a misprint or has it had something special done to it??

Guy :helmet:

Guest PAULSMART

1 M & S Motorcycles, Newcastle (For Sale used)

1 Twiggers, Leics (For Sale)

1 Colwyn Bay, Wales (For Sale)

1 In Moto, London (For Sale)

1 Paul Dedman Performance, IOM

1 Motori Di Marino, West Sussex (For Sale)

Don't know who sold the 7th but it has been bought by a geezer who has made it road legal for daytime use only.

And I thought they were all special order for customers?????? I think a relative bargain may be possible if they don't sell soon??

Paul

Guest goffredo
Italy makes wine? no way get out! I thought all the good wines were from California? oh and oregon can come too cause I'm from there.

45492[/snapback]

Eh eh... True story:

An american friend of mine, while preparing a trip to Italy, asked me once: "and if I want a pizza pie in Italy, what should I ask for? Is it possible to find some pizza-like food? What is the italian word for pizza?"

I couldn't resist: i replied we don't have any fancy foods such as pizzas in Italy and suggested he stick to McDonald while in Italy.

He is still angry at me, some ten years later!

G.

Eh eh... True story:

An american friend of mine, while preparing a trip to Italy, asked me once: "and if I want a pizza pie in Italy, what should I ask for? Is it possible to find some pizza-like food? What is the italian word for pizza?"

I couldn't resist: i replied we don't have any fancy foods such as pizzas in Italy and suggested he stick to McDonald while in Italy.

He is still angry at me, some ten years later!

G.

45542[/snapback]

:D:D

I was once asked by an American (sorry guys from across the pond, no offence) whether we had our own language in Denmark. I said: "yes, it's called Danish" He said: "Ain't that something you eat?"

True story....

Søren