Leo Vince Ti (5433) discontinued

gh67

Unfortunate news. I've been wanting to put some new cans on my v11....ideally the MG Ti's but the lengthy backorder has put the kibosh on that. Though I hear that they are going to start back soon (we'll see). As my alternate choice, I was going to go with the Leo Vince Titaniums (5433). As of sometime in Jan, the Leo website still had the part number listed. A few weeks ago I went back and received an error msg. I then contacted the Leo USA distributor in Richmond, CA to inquire. The Richmond folks didn't know specifics but contacted the Leo Italy headquarters and got back to me with the following email.

"We are out of stock and the item is discontinued. I’ll let you know why, part of our business plan last year was to take about 1100 unique systems and we reduced that number to 800. We found that about 800 our systems represented almost 90% of our business. When we were producing such a large number 1100+, it slowed us down and we were not able to be the first to market on the newest systems. So we had to, unfortunately, reduce the number of pipes we manufacture. Sometimes, like in this case it hurts, most of the time though it makes life much easier!"

:homer:

Ironic that Leo cancelled the product line for another Italian company...maybe some politics at play. To say the least...I'm still in search for a Ti setup for my bike. Thoughts?

cheers

Ahh, that's really too bad.... as I have the Leo Ti's and they are very nice looking and sounding :(

However, if MG reinstates the Ti kit, that is also a nice solution. Keep your fingers crossed. No one seems to know why they discontinued this set either, although a local dealer suspected some fears of EPA persecution, as Aprilia got hit with a bunch of fines out here in CA just for some misspelled emissions decals last year... $5k a bike, if the bike was not pulled from the floor, labelled as "not for sale", or the decal corrected. Several dealers got hit, and Aprilia had to pick up the tab <_>

Anyway, who knows... maybe the supplier simply had a hiccup, or there was an Accounts Receivable/Payable issue... you just never know :unsure:

What I do know is that the MG kit was a great seller, and dealers were sorely disappointed when it was cancelled, many with several outstanding orders.

So, we'll see. But yes, again, I hope MG does bring back the kit, as it makes a simple turn-key solution, that seems to have been well sorted from the start.

I hope I never severely ding one of my Leo Ti's now though, as I guess it is currently impossible to replace one if needed .... shucks :glare:

al

Al, many of your exhausts posts & pics are the reason I was shooting for the Leo's, thanks for all the great info. We'll see how things unfold. In the mean time I'll stare at my new stuchi on a garage shelf until I have some new cans to go with. :(

Mistral (forum sponsor) has Ti silencers. You can order them  through TLM (forum sponsor too)

Oval:

part#: 011228300011,  set: € 682,47

a14655-1-1.jpg

Round:

part#:011228300001, set: € 618,80

a13300-1-1.jpg

45298[/snapback]

This may sound like a dumb question, but is that a british pound sign? It may sound funny but we dont even have that symbol on our keyboards here.

but is that a british pound sign? It may sound funny but we dont even have that symbol on our keyboards here

I can't see what you see, but should be is the euro symbol. We get it with the right ALT key and the 5 pressed. I can do that with an US windows version, and US-international keybord selected. It looks like a rounded fat E

The "right ALT" key. Ya'll must have sold yer soul to the devil and be using windoze ?

45316[/snapback]

no €€€€ to Bill,

this is Linux my friend

:2c:

True, but no aftermarket exhaust options are cheap. Well, there's the JC Whitney option, I suppose, but :vomit:

(JC Whitney is a US aftermarket supplier for cars/motorcycles...extra, extra cheap)

Hmm, on my mac, opt-5 gives ?, shift-opt-2 gives the euro- €. Not that I'll remember that....

tuned and made to fit are quiet expensive for any bike,

small markets like Guzzis in America gives less choice

and even higher prices.

If you are willing and able you can always get away cheap

by applying some american race technology (sledgehammer) :luigi:

- get some used cans cheap on ebay (2" inlet)

- get some bent tubes from a local autoshop

- get or make some hangers

this one looks nice:

9f_1_b.JPG

Fast By Ferracci has a nice looking set of Ti's ovals I'm thinking of getting if the MG's don't come back anytime soon. They are $689, I would get the mistral or so forth but the exchange rate is killing the US, stupid government issues. and I saw a really nice set on teo lamers but good god they are twice as expensive with the exhance. :angry:

Oh well I've heard you get what you pay for but I'm not that rich. :bbblll:

:mg:

Fast By Ferracci has a nice looking set of Ti's ovals I'm thinking of getting if the MG's don't come back anytime soon. They are $689, I would get the mistral or so forth but the exchange rate is killing the US, stupid government issues. and I saw a really nice set on teo lamers but good god they are twice as expensive with the exhance.  :angry:

Oh well I've heard you get what you pay for but I'm not that rich.  :bbblll:

:mg:

45329[/snapback]

Last I spoke to FBF (Dec 04), they said they were having problems with their European manufacturer of their Ti's and had no idea if they would be producing them again. Not sure if this has changed in recent months.

I got a set of Oval Ti Mistrals for my 03 Rosso from MG cycle about 6 months ago. I tried to find a set of Leo Vinci's but the distributor was dodging my emails so.....

I've been very pleased with the sound and looks of the cans, but woof, they are a pricey thing, maybe around $1000.00 a set now? :2c: IMHO, the slipons, Stucchi x-over, FBF airbox eliminator and the power commander are THE WAY TO GO, if you want to bring out the whats lurking inside the V11. :luigi:

go for the gusto!

droydx