MGS

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Guest goffredo
Cool! Does this mean you have more of the race?Do you have any long vid. available witht the MGS on Albacete?These ones I got are of too small duration

46145[/snapback]

They are all small. We were there but with no real video camera. Only some of those phocameras with sounds and stuff, so that we did several mini-videos.

Check if you have all of them on: http://www.guzzisti.it/saloni_eventi/Endur...cete04_home.htm

G.

" Falta una hora a la carrera. Los dos pilotos se están preparando. El team Classic Co. esta noche quería escribir una página de la historia de Moto Guzzi. Pero no será así: esta noche no será historia, será leyenda."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all small. We were there but with no real video camera. Only some of those phocameras with sounds and stuff, so that we did several mini-videos.

" Falta una hora a la carrera. Los dos pilotos se están preparando. El team Classic Co. esta noche quería escribir una página de la historia de Moto Guzzi. Pero no será así: esta noche no será historia, será leyenda."

46179[/snapback]

Only a smal photocamera?..... :doh: Why,why,why,....I can't believe it.>LOL...Next time give me a call, will turn up with a (good)cammera ( :grin:

Anyway , are you working with those Guys (Classic Co.)?

Guest goffredo
Only a smal photocamera?..... :doh: Why,why,why,....I can't believe it.>LOL...Next time give me a call, will turn up with a (good)cammera ( :grin: 

Anyway , are you working with those Guys (Classic Co.)?

46182[/snapback]

No, I am one of the co-founder of Anima Guzzista. We were there because the manager of Classic Co, Mauro Abbadini is a friend of us. He is man. The one who turned the dream into reality. We were there to help, share the unique joy to be there and do a real-time report on our site too. But again note that Moto Guzzi simply agreed to borrow the MGS-01 for the week and that was all the factory support the Team had. Riders, mechanics and all the Classic Co people all worked for free. Giuseppe Ghezzi, Bruno Scola where there on their own money, and one of us of AG actually paid the journey to the rider Gian Maria Liverani... You see, because of the prototype nature of the MGS at the time, Aprilia managers (not as confident as Ghezzi about the bike...) agreed on giving te bike but we were not authorised to pass any news to the press or general public prior to the day of the race. That meant no time for the Team to gather sponsors... Next time I hope we'll have enough funds to bring cheerleaders, motorhomes with jacuzzi, private elicopters and a few cameramen too! :D

G.

I understand what you say,ussualy good thing take time to be completed, but Great things comes in a spark and ussualy there is little time to get everything better organized. Getting MG back to the races is one of those things.

Really happy to see the Guzzi into some serious competition again,all best to all the people who helped for it. :drink:

At the other hand personally I am dissapointed about how the MG marketing seems to work concerning the MGS1 thing.If they would get this bike into productionso that it gets a licence plate it would "sell like crazy" I got friends who are into these Japanese Sport bikes including magazine journalists and racers and most of them wanted to have a bike like MGS.Pitty,:blush: because it ain't going to be produced.

We all hope we're going to see another powerfull project now with PIAGIO taking over

P.S. BTW annima Guzzista is a great site :thumbsup: Keep it up interesting

Nothing but compliments hey Jim!!! Glad to be there for the unvieling, the only crappy part was trying to get home on the coquihalla in sub-zero temps because you were so frickin late. Had to pull over at the toll booth because my hands were too cold to get 5 bucks out of my pocket. On the plus side I got away with riding 100 MPH all the way home to minimize the pain. Cant wait to hear it run Jim!!! :bier:

speaking of twins --

what's the difference between the guzzi super twin and the mgs?

46740[/snapback]

to be exact about the engine, the Dynotec official position about this is that ghezzi copy a part of his work as they ordered parts from Dynotec to build the Pro Thunder. As MGS is a derivation of the pro thunder etc ...

I prefer to have the original :D

So the last release of Dynotec engine is announced to 136 HP while MGS is announced to 122 HP, now what king of HP are we talking.

At the crank at the gearbox, a the rearwheel or real HP traction power on the floor.

Here for example a 999 R goes from 152 HP at the crank down to 133 HP at the rear wheel and 'only' 124 on real traction power (this one count the sticky power of the slick tyres)

Hey Zebulon,

While you're at it with the explanation. I'm actually thinking about buying a 2002 Supertwin from a guy in Austin, Texas. Being that it has the 2valver in it, whats the best route to go to get more usable power (meaning i dont want to sacrifice torque and midrange for topend)

Does Dynotec sell complete 4valve motors I could drop in ? Or do you recomend keeping the Ghezzi brian 2 valve supertwin because theyve already done engine work to it ?

I'm interestedi n your opinion on this one :)

Robbie