Rats :-(((((((((((((

Admin Jaap

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.... Assist a friend who had an accident with a modular on...

and stick to full face helmets for ever... :2c:

G.

46375[/snapback]

Was he wearing it with the chinbar flipped up? What brand was it? More info, please! Most riders wearing them stateside figure that the modular chinbar will be there for the first (critical) hit; after that, you're sliding on the side of your head or rattling the back against the pavement.

I'm interested in the details of your friends accident, not out of gruesome curiosity, but out of serious interest in rider safety.

:helmet:

no black..  NO BLACK!

Don't you read all the warnings on black helmets?

46394[/snapback]

In Holland there are no warnings on helmets; we already know we have to close the visor to prevent eye damage from bugs...

The helmet split in two when you were pushing the inner padding in ???

46409[/snapback]

Only the inner padding split.

IF just the pad split isn't there a way you could just repair the pad? or possible come across a new one in some way? Also lets see some handy work of the paint on the shell you did, lets not let it just goto waste.

Good Ole Ronny Regan if he couldn't put a good spin on a bad thing I don't know who could.

@DeBenGuzzi: I don't take any chances with helmets.

@Tomsp: I wonder how many V11 riders would kick their Japanese Arai's :D

And proper fitting is requirement #1; HJC was perfect.

Pictures of the ECH (Emmentaler Cheese Helmet)

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Think they needed black centres to the holes.

From some angles looks like clynders sticking up.

Need to get the body filler out to get a nice triangler wedge shape to give that true wedge of cheese look.

Perhaps a mouse sticking out of one of the holes

now I'm just being silly :D

Or you could have done white for swiss, or thrown a bunch of blueish green specks on it and called it a day, Or used some spray on ceiling matterial called it Cottage Cheese. Ha, well It looks nice I hope your new helmet turns out as good.

:mg:

Guest goffredo
Was he wearing it with the chinbar flipped up? What brand was it? More info, please! Most riders wearing them stateside figure that the modular chinbar will be there for the first (critical) hit; after that, you're sliding on the side of your head or rattling the back against the pavement.

I'm interested in the details of your friends accident, not out of gruesome curiosity, but out of serious interest in rider safety.

:helmet:

46442[/snapback]

Yep, he had a modular and as 99% of time chinbar was up! As soon as he entered town or as soon as temperature went up a bit, he immediately open it. A banal slide at low speed costed him a couple of teeth, broken jaw and a nice scar.

I am definetely not paranoid about biking but I simply want some protection between my face and tarmac in any circomstances. So I don't wear jet or modular helmets.

Cheers,

G.

you ride an italian goose -- how about wearing an italian hat?

:) Almost everything I really enjoy is coming from Italy,apart from the bike or my helmet(AGV-Rossi-Italian flag :helmet: )To Italian "identity"food Pasta-Pizza,to good wines and even Italian 18-19century music(Corelli,Veraccini.Tartini,Pagannini...list is big)and rennesance painters,I don't force it ,it is just there naturally. :huh2:

I guess I have to learn some Italian too,because the last time I was there it was difficult to comunicate because almost none spoke any English :D

Salute :drink:

P.S. Is that ECH helmet airbrushed? I do stuff like these sometimes if I like.Art painting is my profession.

I actually thought Pizza was an American Food. As in Italian americans over in old new york came up with it. Maybe I'm wrong but But french frys aren't from france either.

just speakin up for all us fatass americans :bbblll:

:mg:

Yep, he had a modular and as 99% of time chinbar was up! As soon as he entered town or as soon as temperature went up a bit, he immediately open it. A banal slide at low speed costed him a couple of teeth, broken jaw and a nice scar.

I am definetely not paranoid about biking but I simply want some protection between my face and tarmac in any circomstances. So I don't wear jet or modular helmets. 

G.

46505[/snapback]

So your friend didn't use the helmet properly and you think the helmet is unsafe? I'm sorry, I don't follow your reasoning, unless you figure that you'll do the same fool thing.

I can't say that I always ride with the guard down & latched, but your friend's 99% up contrasts nicely with my 99% down.

The value to a modular helmet isn't the ability to ride with the chinbar up, it's the ability to wear a full-face helmet while riding & not have to take it off just to talk to somebody at a stop or when running inside a store for a minute. :)

P.S. Is that ECH helmet airbrushed? I do stuff like these sometimes if I like.Art painting is my profession.

The "holes" are cut out of self adhesive vinyl. The whole helmet was coated with transparent lacquer (spray can)

not have to take it off just to talk to somebody at a stop or when running inside a store for a minute. :)

get a mirror!

a modular latched up makes for

negative poseur value :grin:

Guest goffredo
So your friend didn't use the helmet properly and you think the helmet is unsafe? I'm sorry, I don't follow your reasoning, unless you figure that you'll do the same fool thing.

I can't say that I always ride with the guard down & latched, but your friend's 99% up contrasts nicely with my 99% down.

The value to a modular helmet isn't the ability to ride with the chinbar up,  it's the ability to wear a full-face helmet while riding & not have to take it off just to talk to somebody at a stop or when running inside a store for a minute. :)

46530[/snapback]

Well, what can I say? the features which constitutes the value of a modular are not really a big issue to me. I'd rather remove my full face helmet (the operation takes approximately..ehr... 5 secs) than walk in a shop with a helmet on. Modular, jet or full face.

Regarding my friend accident, I think I just can't say that he was not using his helmet "properly" or that he "did a fool thing". I mean, riding a bike at sensible speed with a demi-jet or a modular with chinbar up is NOT a fool thing at all. When I had my first 350, in Rome (one year in rome is made by 8 month of summer and 4 of spring...) I bought a jet helmet. Simply, if you have or witness an accident in those circumstances you might be tempted to consider that jet and modular helmets are not a big thing after all. And that's exactly what I thought.

Just my two cents. I am not judging anybody, I just do not wear modular helmets.

Cheers,

G.