Rats :-(((((((((((((

Admin Jaap

The whole winter I had plans to repaint my helmet (UVEX K1) and turn it into a piece of Emmentaler chees. (with the according holes.) Yesterday afternoon I finished the paintwork and stuck on the holes (vinyl) Yesterday evening I wanted to put the helmet back together. When I pushed in the tempex "inner-helmet" it broke in two... :(

Damn! All that work for nothing, 300 Euro down the drain and now I have to look for a new helmet. And that has to be today, because spring has arrived in Holland (sunny and between 15 and 20 °C)

Now that's off my chest, I can go to the bike shop and fit some helmets. "Seattle, thank you for listening"

:mg:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I pushed in the tempex "inner-helmet" it broke in two... :(

46347[/snapback]

All those cheesy holes must have damaged the structural integrity of your lid- maybe you should have stuck to Dutch Edam!!

:P

:cheese:

Just came back from the bike store. Jeez, talk about limited options! I went for a top of the line helmet: Schubert, Arai, X-Lite, etc. All too small!!! I came home with a nice black HJC, with 10% season-opening discount: € 190,-

This afternoon: :race:

Hi Jaap,

Sad to hear about your cheesehead helmet, would have liked to see the final outcome of that :helmet:

Enjoy your ride this afternoon; I'm getting all antsy going out myself but no chance for the next week or so. Snow and ice is melting during day, but night temperatures are below zero so it's like a skating rink outside.

Søren

PS: Maybe I should have a heering design on my Arai...... (Germans call Danes "fishheads" and the Dutch for "cheeseheads")

Guest goffredo

Just came back from the bike store. Jeez, talk about limited options! I went for a top of the line helmet: Schubert, Arai, X-Lite, etc. All too small!!! I came home with a nice black HJC, with 10% season-opening discount: € 190,-

This afternoon:  :race:

46356[/snapback]

That's the one I am about to buy! HJC AC-11. Top value for money!

Which model have you got, Jaap?

G.

This afternoon:  :race:

46356[/snapback]

Shucks! You had the chance to go modular, & missed it! I tried a cheapy modular helmet to see if I'd like it; go "mod" & you won't go back! :helmet::thumbsup:

:)

Guest goffredo
  go "mod" & you won't go back!  :helmet:  :thumbsup:

:)

46373[/snapback]

Mmmm.... Assist a friend who had an accident with a modular on...

and stick to full face helmets for ever... :2c:

G.

Mmmm.... Assist a friend who had an accident with a modular on...

and stick to full face helmets for ever... :2c:

G.

46375[/snapback]

Agreed,

helmets are for protection.

Chinese doghats are for comfort.

Guest ratchethack
no black..  NO BLACK!

Don't you read all the warnings on black helmets?

46394[/snapback]

Yeah Jaap - on moonless, starless nights, when approached from behind by a vehicle without headlights, your head will now be invisible! :D

I like my Nolan I'd like to get this newer one with a nice paint scheme but we'll see. I have the older version but very similar and I have a Big Melon and its easy to put on, take off and a treat on really hot days in city traffic even though they say not to have it flipped up. Psh whatever! it'll still stop my head from spliting open like a cantelope.