New V11 in the family!

Guzzirider

It has been one of those days- looked out the window this morning and it had snowed overnight and we were meant to pick up Helen's new V11 this morning.

Thankfully it melted by late morning and I gave Helen a lift on my Jackal into Leeds.

Once we got back home, I did a really STUPID :homer: thing and dropped my Jackal, thinking the sidestand was down when it wasn't. The last time one of my bikes hit the deck was in 1988 when I slid off my 650 Lario on some wet cobbles so I guess I was overdue, but I still feel a right d**khead- and yes there was an audience of neighbours too! Luckily the crahsbar took most of the impact but my screen cracked and broke so have had to order a new one.

To cap it all the slow puncture on my front tyre of my Rosso Corsa is still a problem after I thought it was fixed. :bbblll:

The good news is that the new bike is very nice- I treated it to some new engine oil and plugs and gave it a bloody good clean. I can't understand why the previous owner only did 2000 miles in 2 years- he then swapped it for a Harley.

Feels like the EFI needs setting up properly but apart from that it rides well.

We are off to a classic bike meet at the Midway Truck Stop tommorrow so it will get it's first real run.

Going for a few beers now and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an Abba lift- I use it combined with an Abba stand for the rear. The good thing about the Abbas they are really easy to use on your own- there are two sections that bind together and clamp onto the swingarm pivot bolts.

If you combine it with the front stand you can get both wheels off the ground, although I use a piece of wood under the front stand for extra leverage.

I'll post a photo if anybody wants to have a look.

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/

Guest SDKFZ111
It has been one of those days- looked out the window this morning and it had snowed overnight and we were meant to pick up Helen's new V11 this morning.

Thankfully it melted by late morning and I gave Helen a lift on my Jackal into Leeds.

Once we got back home, I did a really STUPID :homer: thing and dropped my Jackal, thinking the sidestand was down when it wasn't. The last time one of my bikes hit the deck was in 1988 when I slid off my 650 Lario on some wet cobbles so I guess I was overdue, but I still feel a right d**khead- and yes there was an audience of neighbours too! Luckily the crahsbar took most of the impact but my screen cracked and broke so have had to order a new one.

To cap it all the slow puncture on my front tyre of my Rosso Corsa is still a problem after I thought it was fixed.  :bbblll:

The good news is that the new bike is very nice- I treated it to some new engine oil and plugs and gave it a bloody good clean. I can't understand why the previous owner only did 2000 miles in 2 years- he then swapped it for a Harley.

Feels like the EFI needs setting up properly but apart from that it rides well.

We are off to a classic bike meet at the Midway Truck Stop tommorrow so it will get it's first real run.

Going for a few beers now and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Guy  :helmet:

48944[/snapback]

Guest SDKFZ111
That's it- the one at Prees Heath.

48962[/snapback]

What time does the meeting start, what time do you think you will arrive there? I was at the cafe last Sunday morning, half the car park was encamped with traveller's caravans !

What is it about the Guzzi kickstands? Lol I dropped my Rosso Mandello about 2 weeks ago, thought I had put the kickstand down, got off & of course it went right over! :homer: fortunately I still had hold of it when I realized it was going down. I couldnt believe it but there was no damage, mostly because it hit the grass instead of pavement & not very hard because I was trying to stop it from falling. I havent had a bike in about 9 years so these things do happen I guess. My riding skills & the bike seem to get better every time I ride though.

You're definitely not alone- I slooowwwly dropped mine while backing it off my lift. Dinked my fairing and poked a hole in my saddlebag and strained my back :rasta: Felt stoopid, but considering that it was 0.5 meter up in the air, it could have been a lot worse.

As far as screens go- look closely at the Guzzi 'short' or 'sport' screen. They're smaller than the one you had, but they work really well.

Good luck getting it all sorted.

Jason

In this case only the operator was at fault!

I almost did the same in the petrol station.

normaly kick down the stand, whilst remove helmet, lift tank bag etc and fill. even though still astride the bike.

Its the time you break from the routine, left the stand up, filled went to lower to the side , and it didn't stop. luckily hadn't gone to far over before realised someting was amiss and hadn't gone past the point of no return.

The other favorite is to start up and try and ride off with the stand down.

Stall :blush: - but that's a lot better than getting going and trying a left turn :doh:

Only one of each - Hope I've learn't

I've done variations of these tried to take off with the stand down a few times, I guess I just get so excited. And I ALMOST dropped it at the gas station once started to get off and realized Oh CRAP. close call, one small thing, your reflector thingy under your plate is on upside down. eh what country would that be? :huh2: