New V11 in the family!

Guzzirider

I went out for a ride with my girlfriend Helen last Saturday- she was riding her R6 and I was riding my Rosso Corsa.

After a few miles she stopped and asked if we could swap bikes- a few miles later and she had made her mind she wanted a V11 herself. Well you can't blame her can you?

After a week of searching, we have found a 2003 registered V11 Sport in Leeds and yes, Helen has just bought it so we will now have 2 V11s in the garage! It has a maroon tank, silver tailpiece and has only done 2000 miles.

She is not worried (yet) about putting on loud pipes, cross over etc but I may have to secretly do that when she is not looking

She will be riding it to Boxmeer with me in June.

Now to surf the net to find the best price for a techno bags and a luggage rack!

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave Pott

Hey GRider,

My wife loves to ride both the Ballabo & Jackal but she is only 5'3 and so the height and weight of these bikes makes it a bit dicey at stops for her :(

I'm probably going put 12.5" shocks on the Jackal, carve the seat up some and help her out a little.

Congrats on the new addition. :thumbsup:

Dave

Hey GRider,

My wife loves to ride both the Ballabo & Jackal but she is only 5'3 and so the height and weight of these bikes makes it a bit dicey at stops for her :(

I'm probably going put 12.5" shocks on the Jackal, carve the seat up some and help her out a little.

Congrats on the new addition. :thumbsup:

Dave

48065[/snapback]

Cheers Dave

Luckily Helen does not have a problem as she is 5ft 8 but she won't ride my Jackal cos she does not like cruisers!

Your wife does well to ride your bikes!

Regards

Guy

Guest Nogbad

There is something about the Guzzi that you just can't put a finger on. Quite why it's such a satisfying bike to ride is a mystery, but it just is. :2c:

Its the motor that swung it for her. She had been riding a Le Mans V since August and had got used to the torque of a twin.

I got her R6 back on the road last week and she took it out and realised it was not what she wanted in terms of long journeys and touring- feeling the extra torque of a V11 sealed it.

I have always been careful not to preach that she should ride Guzzis instead of Yamahas but she has come to the right conclusion herself.

Incidentally, in this months Bike magazine they retuned an R6 for less power but more torque and got 20 riders to ride it together with a standard more powerful R6 and decide their favourite. Guess what? Without realising that the detuned bike actually made less power, 18 out of 20 riders said they preferred it and thought it made more power and was faster.

They are finding out what most of us here have known for a long time!

Guest Nogbad

It probably was faster in the real world. For road riding, when the opportunity for that overtake presents itself, you don't want to be messing about going down 3 cogs and searching for the powerband, you just want to nail it and fly past!

Guy

I know I've said this already elsewhere but say congrats to Helen (and does she realise there is no turning back), glad my old LMV had a helping hand in her seeing the light :D , I'm having a bottle of Dutch beer in celebration :drink:

Can't wait to see it, it'll be V11 heaven this year.. .cool, hope monkey boy doesn't feel left out with his Tonti.

Mal :helmet:

Guy

I know I've said this already elsewhere but say congrats to Helen (and does she realise there is no turning back), glad my old LMV had a helping hand in her seeing the light  :D , I'm having a bottle of Dutch beer in celebration  :drink:

Can't wait to see it, it'll be V11 heaven this year.. .cool, hope monkey boy doesn't feel left out with his Tonti.

Mal  :helmet:

48088[/snapback]

And thanks to you I got into V11s!

Sitting on your V11 Le Mans after doing my neck in on my uncomfortable 1100 Sport Corsa made me want one!

You must now full accept responsibility for my credit card bill!!!

She is not worried (yet) about putting on loud pipes, cross over etc but I may have to secretly do that when she is not looking

48063[/snapback]

Just drill out the Cans I finally did that right and it sounds a lot louder. Since we literally just bought a house,(close on may 27th) I don't have the money to get the pipes I wanted till either fall, or next spring. Anyway I love my Guzzi I just want a lighter quicker wheelie machine for messing around with on back roads or parking lots. I miss living in the country and doing that with my 78 Suzuki 125 motorcross now I live in the concrete country. oh well :huh2:

I went out for a ride with my girlfriend Helen last Saturday- she was riding her R6 and I was riding my Rosso Corsa.

After a few miles she stopped and asked if we could swap bikes- a few miles later and she had made her mind she wanted a V11 herself. Well you can't blame her can you?

After a week of searching, we have found a 2003 registered V11 Sport in Leeds and yes, Helen has just bought it so we will now have 2 V11s in the garage! It has a maroon tank, silver tailpiece and has only done 2000 miles.

She will be riding it to Boxmeer with me in June.

Now to surf the net to find the best price for a techno bags and a luggage rack!

48063[/snapback]

I guess your GFriend is a biggie.

My Molly got her Breva out and runnning a few months ago. She wrote a whole article about her Guzzi Love in the local SF free moto paper-City Bike. She's on the cover of last month's issue with her Breva. Check it out ! And she is complaining about how it needs to sound like a Guzzi. Anbody forund Breva Mistrals in the Western US ?

Hey Dave, did you and your wife get over to Death Valley for the spring bloom?

I took my girlfriend on a 2-up ride last weekend on the le mans. Felt ok to me (!) but her legs were in her chin I think!

Nogbad- I agree about "something about the guzzi"... Sometimes I look at that bike and think "brother, is that one ugly bike!" but then I ride it for 4 hours in the mother lode and love every second of it. Something about the position, turn-in, and the sound when opened up.... and then sometimes I look at it and I really think it's beautiful/totally unique.... People ask me if it's a 80's bike.....

My Molly got her Breva out and runnning a few months ago. She wrote a whole article about her Guzzi Love in the local SF free moto paper-City Bike. She's on the cover of last month's issue with her Breva. Check it out ! And she is complaining about how it needs to sound like a Guzzi. Anbody forund Breva Mistrals in the Western US ?

48123[/snapback]

Congrats to you and your Girlfriend, Guy. She has good taste :thumbsup:

Daniel- any chance I could get a copy of the article? That paper doesn't make it out here to the hinterlands. I miss City Bike too- that was a good read when I lived there.

You might call my dealer in I-o-way to see if he still has a set of Mistral pipes :lol: Jim had two pair a while back (last year) with one set fitted up on a Breva. They were carbon fiber. Sound was ok, I just heard them in the shop at idle. They are probably better sounding outside and/or driving.

Ned's Auto and Cycle

319-648-3241

Ask for Jim

He's a very good guy, and will treat you right- tell him I sent you.

Jason