Totally New Rossa Rider!

Guest Troutrider

Guest Troutrider

:D Hello All. After many years of riding BMW's I finally gave in to my need for something different. I went out of town yesterday to look at an 1100 Sport that I was interested in. When I got there the guy stood me up. I figured it wasn't meant to be. I stopped by the Guzzi dealer and looked at the two V11 Lemans on the floor. Very nice but they just didn't "speak" to me. A little later we went to the basement as the guy had something to show me. When he rolled out the V11 Lemans Rosso Corsa I thought I had been sucker punched. It spoke. I left some money and plan on going back in 2 weeks to pick it up. I'm sure it will be uncomfortable for my 6'3" frame and will make me sore when I hit the mtn. roads. But I'll heal while enjoying a frosty beverage and sitting in chair in the garage looking at it. Does anyone know how many were brought into the states? Just curious. I'm pretty sure I won't pass myself going down the road.

Troutrider

Guest Nogbad
Congratulations and welcome to the fold!

Those 2 weeks are going to drag on a long time!

Guy  :bier:

48265[/snapback]

:stupid::bier::thumbsup:

:bier:

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but it can't be very many. The Rossa is a higher end machine from a company that doesn't build that many in the first place.

Congrats and welcome!

Jason

Welcome fellow Rosso Corsa rider! The same thing happened to me when I saw mine. You will definitely enjoy the handling and torque, I am always amazed by the machine's capability. Regarding the number of units made...I was told "300", but I firmly believe Guzzi would crank out as many units as it could, as long as they sold. Even numbered editions of the Guzzi V11 series are suspect in being limited in production :D

Anyway, when you can, do all the mods (exhaust, intake, PC and comfort) that are well detailed in this forum, you won't be displeased. Also, don't expect too much during the first few 1000 miles...they do break in and the vibes quell somewhat and the revs become easier to come by.

About the riding position: I am 6' 1" and live with the standard set up: my body just takes a few 100+ mile trips to break in!

Congrats and Ride Fast, Safely,

Andy

Guest Thundering Subash

Welcome to the fold. I can't tell you how many times other riders see my bike and say "I was going to buy a Guzzi" or "I looked at Guzzis and really wanted one" but ended up with something else perhaps more reliable and more practical. Great job on taking the plunge. Coming from Beemers, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your new bike choice.

I'm 6'3" 220 and I rode about 200mi yesterday so they are very comfortable machines. they don't look it. But they Really are. Could use a little more sunk in tank to grab on with the legs but the seat in ample the bars could be higher but I have the clip-os. Good choice on the Rosso. and welcome.

G'day!

Good to see you went for the Rosso Corsa - top choice! Can't help with the USA numbers but here in Australia they bought about six into the country. I was lucky enough to purchase the last one for $24,000.00 Australian. That also included the Guzzi Titanium pipes and chip thrown in the deal!

I was originally interested in the standard V11 le Mans but when I saw another persons Rosso Corsa in the workshop for its first service I knew that was the one for me. It reminded me so much of the Laverda SFC1000 I had back in 1987. The lovely paint job and gold forks, red cylinder heads just set it off. The standard pipes are great but the Titanium look hot and sound the real deal. The power difference and the feel it gives is amazing. You need to get a set of those pipes - they're a must!

I'm five foot seven and find the machine fits me like a glove. All I did was add some Oxford heated hand grips as having had quite a few beemers in the past makes all the difference. I've owned this machine for just over 12 months after trading a 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i on it. Until the Guzzi the Triumph was my favourite with regards to power and handling. The Guzzi though is a real world bike that mixes the old with the new. May not have the same sort of grunt but is a far more flexible ride with the classic looks to match.

Enjoy!

Zed

Guest Troutrider

Thanks for all the kind words. I've got some serious mixed emotions. I guess anyone laying out the bucks for a new brand would feel the same. Of course I haven't seen it in 2 days. I just hope I'm not scared of getting it dirty. Happy Trails!

Troutrider