Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goffredo
Gthyni from Sweden also has the guts to say in public he's a Biaggi fan  :D

48369[/snapback]

Wow!! Three and counting!!! :D:D

G.

Guest philbo
Biaggi?.....Biaggi who?? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

the guy has the top bike in GP, ....somebody take it from him please!

(i can imagine the face of the HRC director) :lol:

http://www2.motogp.com/ppv_multimedia2/337/337588_36228.wmv

http://img140.echo.cx/img140/2076/rossi8pd.gif

48393[/snapback]

Give it to Nicky Haden - he's probably talented / cocky enough to give Rossi a run for his money as he gets more experienced.

Being an ex-pat Australian, I was happy to see Troy Bayliss run 6th. I was lucky enough to have his father Stan run me around Oran Park Raceway in Sydney (back in the day) while he was trying out new monkeys (he was racing sidecars and kept losing passengers - referred to as monkeys). Two laps – one to warm up and one at ¾ race pace – I will NEVER do that again :o .

Give it to Nicky Haden - he's probably talented / cocky enough to give Rossi a run for his money as he gets more experienced.

Being an ex-pat Australian, I was happy to see Troy Bayliss run 6th. I was lucky enough to have his father Stan run me around Oran Park Raceway in Sydney (back in the day) while he was trying out new monkeys (he was racing sidecars and kept losing passengers - referred to as monkeys). Two laps – one to warm up and one at ¾  race pace – I will NEVER do that again  :o .

48413[/snapback]

Being a monkey is akin to committing suicide in my opinion.

Biaggi fans? Now I know who I can wind up on here :bbblll::P:D

I think the move was a "racing incident" and no one should be disciplined. It's not golf!!

Giberneau giving the wanking motion as he crossed the line showed an absolute lack of class. Not surprising as he's been a little rich kid all his life. I believe he is the heir to Bultaco.

PS: regarding the Valentino manouvre... Well, that's Art. Nothing irregular. He did not push Sete top get inside the corner. He found (God knows how) a way to get inside and once there... Sorry, mate, I am doing my lane as I like it...

Sete should have let him go wide and try to pass him again thanks to a better and faster trajectory. I think Sete knew that and that's whay he was so upset.

48365[/snapback]

I watched some closeup video's of the manouvre on the MotoGP website. It shows Sete's shoulder impacting the end of Rossi's brake lever so I think there was physical pain to go along with the bruised ego!

Perhaps if he had moved his shoulder backwards he would have applied front braking to Rossi's bike and things would be different. Maybe then both would have crashed and Melandri the winner!

As Goffredo aptly puts it - "That's Art!" and in the world of motorcycles I am an Art lover!!!

Sorry guys but Sete had the line on the corner and Rossi in this case used the old "Go Kart" manouver to push him off. He knew exactly what he was doing :)

Personally although i admire his balls, there have to be some rules in racing or otherwise these guys are going to start getting seriously hurt. I'm kind of surprised that motogp hasn't stripped Rossi of the points to be honest, despite his obvious superiority, IMHO he stepped over the line on this particular occasion.

Sete may not compete in the next race.

RoadRacingWorld

48437[/snapback]

Well, I don't believe it. I think the team is trying to get into Rossi's head.

Rossi has destroyed Max's confidence and I think he's now working on Sete. If you have the opposing riders' confidence shaken, you've won most of the battle.

Doohan would play those games too.

Wow!! Three and counting!!! :D  :D

G.

48387[/snapback]

Make me 4, but this is Max's last shot, if he doesn't deliver the bread this year...

As for Rossi's move, I vote for it being over the line. It was not a classy move. Last race of the season, title on the line-OK, but there are 16 more races to go.

Maybe this will incite Sete to a higher level of focus, concentration, agressiveness, some mental aspect to make him win the title. I do admire his restraint in the interviews and comments I've seen. he has to be seething inside. If it had been Biaggi - who!-what fireworks :D Max will be back in contention :rolleyes:

Guest Nogbad

The more vicious it is, the better the spectacle. GO ROSSI!

Who wants MotoGP to end up like the safety obsessed boring procession that F1 has become. :2c:

The more vicious it is, the better the spectacle. GO ROSSI!

Who wants MotoGP to end up like the safety obsessed boring procession that F1 has become.  :2c:

48456[/snapback]

F@%$#%g 'A', Bubba! They are paid to race, not forced to race and so they should race! Gibernau has 16 more chances to beat Rossi this year and if he can't then he is not the champion!

I've got nothing against Gibernau, it's just that he's not much of a leader. He reminds me a bit of Alex Creville, just kind of a good rider, but not a GREAT rider. Let's face it, he's on the best bike. If he's as good as Rossi, he should be kicking his butt. [so should the other Honda boys, but nooooo]

Max Biaggi. What can you say about him? You know, if he wasn't such a bloody winer about the bike [Honda, Yamaha, whatever] I think I'd like him. Have you seen his hands? His fingers have been broken so many times, they've fused them in a curl so he can grab the throttle. I admire his physical toughness and ability to swallow pain, but he's mentally defeated from trying to catch Rossi, and his automatic response is to blame anything/everything, except his lack of ability to make the #1 plate. I think he's done after this year.

With regard to top level motorcycle roadracing, is there any other form of motorsport more exciting and cool to watch? I know I'm a captive audience, but to me NASCAR does not come close. SPEED Channel, in it's takeover theme with FOX network, has this [Good Ol' Boys, goin' 'round 'n curcels 'n crash a goodun] type of racing maxed, now with the car racers in poker competition on prime time. Meanwhile we bike guys have to wait 3 days to see WSB, where worldwide audience approaches 350,000,000 people around the world. Am I missing something?

Ciao, Steve G.

Is just like Soccer, just like soccer (Futbol), same scenario... -_-

also,...how come people around the world just don't get it when it comes to nascar?... just kidding :P

just sign here!

Steve,.. you're right about Sete, he comes across as not being a hot blooded

passionate racer, no charisma, too by the book, too square...i don't know

what was that holding his elbow crap? he should have reacted, done something!

...if you ask me, Rossi already made him his bitch...

gibernaurossi1004.jpg

Guest goffredo
I've got nothing against Gibernau, it's just that he's not much of a leader. He reminds me a bit of Alex Creville, just kind of a good rider, but not a GREAT rider. Let's face it, he's on the best bike. If he's as good as Rossi, he should be kicking his butt. [so should the other Honda boys, but nooooo]

Max Biaggi. What can you say about him? You know, if he wasn't such a bloody winer about the bike [Honda, Yamaha, whatever] I think I'd like him. Have you seen his hands? His fingers have been broken so many times, they've fused them in a curl so he can grab the throttle. I admire his physical toughness and ability to swallow pain, but he's mentally defeated from trying to catch Rossi, and his automatic response is to blame anything/everything, except his lack of ability to make the #1 plate. I think he's done after this year.  (...)

Ciao, Steve G.

48514[/snapback]

I think we should consider additional factors too:

First of all in, say some 90% of the occasion Max was right with his complains. He has always been the fastest of the team (both at Yamaha et Pons) and in the last ten years he has demonstrated to be constantly the second fastest on earth after Rossi. And people who know about technologies and bikes developments pinpointed how so many times Biaggi indications of problems were right even when fixed one season too late...

Regarding his attitude, well, let's face it: while he was on the top of the world he said: "shut up, kiddo" to the... WRONG kid because that kid turned to be one of the most amazing rider EVER.

I think I'd be frustrated as well... Imagine: You did marvels in 250, with 4 titles in a row (being the forth one an absolute masterpiece), you get to the 500, you are about to WIN at your debut but no: a black flag spoils the party; and as that was not enough, the above mentioned kid steals you the scene with sheer talent and an attitude and joke is now on you... Yes, As you say I am sure this has really got into him as a nightmare and that's no good.

But let's be honest: when last year Gibernau accused Rossi team to clean illegaly the track, Rossi team immediately pointed the finger to Biaggi team as well. They did non reply. Max did not comment. And all the press pushing to get some reply, so to add fuel to the fire... Nothing.

When asked to name the Sportsman of the Year, Biaggi voted for Rossi. No media covered that. Why? Didn't that fit the picture?? I could write down hundreds of episodes of Biaggi being a good sport (at least in the last three seasons) which were systematically ignored by the media.

Fact is that Biaggi is from Rome (first Italian rider non to be born and breed in northern Italy and, yes this is an issue) and that he enter a track the first time of his life at 18. I can name you several riders who were already champion at that age...

His carrer in the motorcycle establhisment has been tougher and quite different compared to the average italian rider. I wish he can get the title he got stolen (stolen is the word) five years ago and happily retire. I too believe that this is his last shot.

G.