Guzzi Future?

Guest aironepony

A scura R with the twin plug motor single seat like the orginal V11 prototype, clip ons high rise exhaust or the Ghezzi and brian arrangment Ohlins front and rear maybe with radial mounted calipers lightwieght OZ racing wheels would be a fantastic last hurah for the V11 if it is indeed doomed as the roumours suggest.

Something like this?

scura200033bx.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, that does it!! That's my next bike! (ok, not _that_, but similar..)

*drool*

Ok, maybe bar-end mirrors, more simple intake; K&N's?

What has been done to the exhaust? I know thats the Quat-D or similar, but I mean the headers and their coating/painting?

Personally I quite like my bike to intimidate me to an extent.....

Perhaps I'm weird..... :P:

48786[/snapback]

And we love you for it...but I think most people don't have your charm. If Piaggio is to treat Guzzi as a 'strictly business' enterprise, focus on one or two models and streamline production and output, then so be it. The Breva is a good choice as a focus bike. It's a standard bike- no argument. The 750 Breva is also a standard bike- even a low end one. If Guzzi can produce a higher end 1100 Breva to the same standards and ease of driving that the 750 enjoys, then I really think it could broaden their customer base. Personally, I like standards- they are generally comfortable, handle ok, good to take to the store or the next state (or country) over.

How many bikes can most people afford? One probably, and a well-engineered, good handling standard might just fit their needs. Then again, I am a really, really bad businessperson, so don't buy stocks on my advice. :2c:

Like some people here, I have a lot of brand loyalty toward Guzzi's. I have a boatload of time and money invested in my bikes. I would hate, hate, hate to see Guzzi become a badge. I would find it so distasteful that I would lose my brand loyalty, and not feel strongly about supporting their product. Face it, I put 2-300K miles on my first Guzzi and kept it over 20 years. Now I have that one and two others...I don't reckon I have to buy any more before retirement.

But I do hope to.

The company has been in dire straits before, and it's always squeaked out of it. I have no doubts that it will make do again. My crazy, pie-in-the-sky hope is that by trimming the lines, focusing on a salable product and turning a profit, Guzzi can invest in new designs and produce modern motorcycles.

Sorry- I just realized I'm starting to rave. I'll step down quietly now.

J

Guest Chad Lewis

So conventinal wisdom at this point indicates the Breva line and the Griso will for sure be sold as new Guzzi's as 06 bikes. That's 4 models for the start of the the model year. Breva 750ie, Nevada 750ie, Breva 1100ie, Griso.

That's 4 bikes. Recall Guzzi said their are going to be at least 3 incarnations of the Breva, not sure if they only were speaking of the big Breva. So Expect to a full touring version for 07.

How about a supercharged 750 Breva Sport?

48807[/snapback]

That would be fun to ride, but Guzzi would lose all their money on warranty claims as the parts disintegrate from the added power :lol:

I think one of the reasons the 750 has less power than the 650 is that they wanted it to last. :2c:

I am hoping the third Breva will be the Grand Touring model :D

What has been done to the exhaust? I know thats the Quat-D or similar, but I mean the headers and their coating/painting

wrong: that's no quatd, it's a complete titanium exaust, custom made. The outside is titanium nitride same as on öhlins fork legs. And that got strange colors from the heat. Sound is nice deep.

Something like that athough against the trend I prefer a bit of a fender. Why? cause I'm not a selfish a*#@hole and don't like to chuck rocks at the people behind me that often are on the goat tracks they pass off as roads around here. I'd much rather let them die of embarassment that thier 140hp+ japanese litre bike just got overtaken buy a..... errrkk!! Guzzi! :helmet: The good thing with the single seat is you could make a lightwieght aluminium frame for the rear rather than the 4" diameter water pipe that is currently used triming a few more kilo's. Surely radial calipers wouldn't be that hard all the Aprilia RSVR/Factory Rs have them these days. The biggest thing Is I don't want to buy another 1100 sport I already got one of those I want similar but better. Maybe I get of my rear and build myself something along those lines one day. Supermotard racing will probally be accounting for a lot of funds for the next little bit anyway. After all the moster S2 supposedly is in high demand.

Guest Nogbad

The swingarm on the Breva is well tasty, and the engine and tranny look good too, the thing that really puts me off it is THAT PIG UGLY TANK. It reminds me of the Yam V Max and their new MT01. Both of those have the most God awful styling.

I personally like the Breva tank and design, it is tasty and original...

48731[/snapback]

Original? How is ripping off a 20 year old styling treatment from the Yo' Mama, Ho! VMax "original?" [Which btw, was ugly then & remains so in the present.]

Guzzi can (& should!) do better...

I've said it before elsewhere & I'll say it again: I lived thru the poor styling rampant thru much of the 80s once; I don't feel I should have to do so again just because someone thinks they can palm it off on a younger generation who can't remember it. To use a phrase that was everywhere then: Just say No!...

:D

Guest Nogbad

Funnily enough the UK biking press raved about the MT01, but not a single one of these pointless impractical junkheaps has been sold.

Tee hee hee :grin:

The V11 refernce when talking about the cali's seems to be a USA thing only everywhere else they are refered to as stone califonia EV titanium etc etc. The cruiser thing might be big in the US but I think elsewhere its fairly miniumal here HD has about 6% of the market and I would suggest thats probally reflective of the rest of the world. Guzzis major markets are still based in europe so specifically catering for the US market doesn't make a lot of sense. However for me its disapionting to see them drifting away from more sports oriented options to middle of the road allrounders eg handle bars on the naked V11's why is there no clip on option?

A scura R with the twin plug motor single seat like the orginal V11 prototype, clip ons high rise exhaust or the Ghezzi and brian arrangment Ohlins front and rear maybe with radial mounted calipers lightwieght OZ racing wheels would be a fantastic last hurah for the V11 if it is indeed doomed as the roumours suggest. Athough I think the cali series might be more under threat as it uses a completly different fram and the older five speed gearbox as opposed to the six speed that everthing except the 750's use. Maybe I can find a Daytona RS or import a Magni Sifida from Japan, my thoughs and opions anyway.

48742[/snapback]

I didn't think the cruisers were that popular in Europe either, until I watched some documentary [produced for Brit tv]: I don't think there was a single sport model in the show! Tons of Italians riding the cruisers tho' [it was filmed in Mandello & vicinity.]

WRT "catering to the US market:" D@mn but I'm getting tired of the US being treated like some 3rd world country when it comes to motorcycles! If it wasn't for us, the Japanese never would have bothered building bikes bigger than 250cc, and Honda would still be just a moped manufacturer w/ no cars to their name! When did the US stop buying bikes? Admittedly, Europe has overtaken us as the "market maker" when it comes to motorcycles, but why is it that manufacturers decide they just don't want

to ship us all the colors available or other such nonsense?

It's not sensible for Guzzi to completely kill off models when they're finally starting to build them in the quantities needed to amortize the investment of developing the fixtures & tooling, but hey, that's Piaggio's choice. Whatever... just so long as they keep bringing'em over here!

:bike:

Funnily enough the UK biking press raved about the MT01, but not a single one of these pointless impractical junkheaps has been sold.

Tee hee hee  :grin:

LOL hehe, that's also a sign of the promoting that the Jap bikes get. I hope one day the press wake up and start thinking what is really in interest to sell. The Japs build bike with mostly one purpose to sell, no character very neutral. And they're really into a big marketing straegy game at the rate that they fool the people, i.e. Some brands will buid a supersport moyo with USD fork and the other without it , but with other features that the previous brads didn't fullfil., they they come up the nest year and ad th rest features and so on, crap.

MT1 or whatsoever is a try to build a custom big cubics big tourgue bike, but the result is not so ridable. You see for a Jap to build a bike to be ridable this bike has to have a weight under 200k or even less.

They miss the point since it is the way that all things are put together in a motorcycle so with a biger weight the bike can still be fun to ride (good chassis,ect.ect.)

As for design and originality , they always have to steal from someone whether this is Italian or other European or US design.For example look at the tail part of the 1100Sport this was first introduced in 93-94 this "thin lined" slice look was then latter introduced to Jap bikes after 98 and latter improved and went even thiner but it was a copy, copy ,copy copy. :stupid: They should have stayied on building moped then this would have saved lot's of peoples lives from the crap they build all the time.And the press should try waking up and write something real at last. Every year I listen the same about new models.WTF :grin: