Guzzi Future?

Guest aironepony

If it wasn't for us, the Japanese never would have bothered building bikes bigger than 250cc, and Honda would still be just a moped manufacturer w/ no cars to their name!

I presume you suggest that the above would be a bad thing? :not:

Just joking. :homer:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad

I am going to test a Breva, and probably I could learn to live with the looks, but only if new V11s or a Griso is unavailable once my V11 is worn out.

What would most put me off another Guzzi would be trouble getting parts. Luckily the V11 hasn't needed any yet (tranny recall problem excepted). I have done 450 trouble free miles this week.

I am going to test a Breva, and probably I could learn to live with the looks, but only if new V11s or a Griso is unavailable once my V11 is worn out.

48835[/snapback]

Do Guzzis ever really wear out?!! I'm banking on keeping mine for life!

Guest Nogbad
Do Guzzis ever really wear out?!! I'm banking on keeping mine for life!

48836[/snapback]

They do if you can't get the parts anymore!

They do if you can't get the parts anymore!

48840[/snapback]

In 25 years time I will end up like all the other old men with big beards who smell of wee, spending all my weekends trawling through autojumbles trying to locate a V11 speedo cable in good nick and talking about the good old days!

In 25 years time I will end up like all the other old men with big beards who smell of wee, spending all my weekends trawling through autojumbles trying to locate a V11 speedo cable in good nick and talking about the good old days!

Start buying from now extra parts just for the sake of needing them some time,so you'll have the around.

As fas as engine life goes, eith proper care that's not a problem for a Guzzi.

About the new Breva motor, it was tested on going Full throtle on the test ramp (with all necessary oil changes I suppose..LOL )and the engine life was 60,000miles , that is equal (according to Aquile magaz.)to 200K miles, pretty good for engine life isn't it.?

btw nice avatar. :helmet:

Guest burke
Start buying from now extra parts just for the sake of needing them some time,so you'll have the around.

As fas as engine life goes, eith proper care that's not a problem for a Guzzi.

About the new Breva motor, it was tested on going Full throtle on the test ramp (with all necessary oil changes I suppose..LOL )and the engine life was 60,000miles , that is equal (according to Aquile magaz.)to 200K miles, pretty good for engine life isn't it.?

btw nice avatar. :helmet:

48843[/snapback]

If you really want the keep the bike forever, there isn't anything that can't be fabricated for a price.

Guest aironepony

48841[/snapback]

Bloody hell! That's me................ :thumbsup:

Guest Nogbad

The problem won't be mechanical parts. It will be electronics, things like the ECU, coils and sensors. These sort of components quickly become superseded, and they are not the sort of thing that can easily be remade.

things like the ECU, coils and sensors. These sort of components quickly become superseded, and they are not the sort of thing that can easily be remade

These parts aren't guzzi specific, but the same are used in other bikes/cars. So if there is something that isn't a problem, it's that.

I do have a spare 4V engine, 6sp gearbox, reardrive :-) You never know. I think the bike will run longer then I'm able to drive it.

Guest aironepony
Just like everything else, market forces will dictate things- if there is a demand, then somebody somewhere will make the bits.

Guy  :helmet:

48877[/snapback]

That's it! Market forces; if things don't sell or the margins are too small, you stop doing it and do something else....or go bust.

Woof woof, poor old Rover........ :thumbsup:

Guest Nogbad
That's it! Market forces; if things don't sell or the margins are too small, you stop doing it and do something else....or go bust.

Woof woof, poor old Rover........ :thumbsup:

48889[/snapback]

I started my working life at Longbridge......sniffle. :(:huh2:

The problem won't be mechanical parts. It will be electronics, things like the ECU, coils and sensors. These sort of components quickly become superseded, and they are not the sort of thing that can easily be remade.

48874[/snapback]

Yet another reason to buy a My15M *now* while you can get one...

:thumbsup:

[/shameless shill]

:D