single sided dual exhaust

BrianG

I recently saw a picture of a "Sporty" model V-11 wearing an exhaust system that swept both pipes to the left side.

Anyone know who makes that? :huh2:

48654[/snapback]

Ah, the infamous "Cobra" exhaust of Captain Nemo of Seattle. He used to flail at this board and has been banished or shunned off, but you can probably search for a thread or go to wildguzzi.com on the forum there where he periodically surfaces. He has a web site called "Rolling Crows" or something, so perhaps a web search will turn him up that way. He offered to get more exhausts made for around $800, which isn't out of line, but claimed a perfectly flat torque curve as a result of his "design" that most knowledgeable individuals would suggest isn't quite possible. Until someone besides Captain Nemo actually does performance analysis on that system, we'll never know. I thought it was a very nice looking system though.

....now are you asking about a 2:1 system, or a "dual exhaust" that simply is swept to one side?

If the former, yes many of these have been made, although I don't know of a kit one can buy. That being said, it is a relatively easy thing to do. Just go with the stock sized tubing, and make sure the headers are equal length(which will require some creative bending).

A good 2:1 system will be a good performer, but most v-twin owner eschew them simply on visual and audio aesthetics :P

Enzo/Captain Nemo did indeed make his own, and you can do a search on "cobra" to find some photos here or on Wildguzzi.

You can also visit his forum:

http://p209.ezboard.com/btherollingcrowmotorcycleclub

...it looks like he pared down the forum there, but if you ask for photos, I'm sure he'll gladly point you to some :D

al

Ah, the infamous "Cobra" exhaust of Captain Nemo of Seattle....He offered to get more exhausts made for around $800, which isn't out of line, but claimed a perfectly flat torque curve as a result of his "design" that most knowledgeable individuals would suggest isn't quite possible....

48664[/snapback]

Why not? Honda's 2>1 on the VTXabcdefg [sorry, dunno which of their latest models it was *exactly*. Geez, they're getting as bad as H-D with the alphabet soup!..] leads to a similar almost perfectly flat torque curve.

It's possible, & in Enzo's defense, he at least didn't claim to have had that end result in mind, just that he lucked into it with his pipe design [which design had been driven purely by aesthetic concerns.]