WTF?

v50man

Ebay is becoming a form of entertainment for me! First a photo of my MGS shows up on ebay. Now someone is advertising a 80th anniversary limited edition #184 of 300! The Rosso Mandello was the 80th anniversary model and I own #184 of the 300 made. I don't know who the joker is but he sure is good! (I'll be checking VIN #'s next)

Interesting that it says it is a Limited Edition California E.V. but it is a Lemans. It says 600cc but is 1100. It says 186 miles but it looks to be over 800.

What will be next?

Now just a second!!

I bought my V-11 Sport off e-bay, and there's nothing wrong with it..........

except that it runs backward.......

and makes a funny noise....

and generates a little smoke from something up under the gas tank...

:bier:

Atleast the guy was not stupid enough to take the picture naked and get himself caught in the reflection, like the guy in the tea pot.

kettle.jpg

tex9ca.jpg

But doesn't that look like TX in the window behind the LeMans???

So, I sent the seller the following brief note:

"Hi, not to give you a hard time about the LeMans you have for sale, but perhaps the following information may be of use so that you don't run into any confusion with a buyer. First, the LeMans is not a limited edition, and is not the 80th anniversary bike. That was the 2001 Rosso Mandello, which isn't even a faired bike. Second, this is an 1100(1064)cc bike, not a 600. And finally, the odometer in the photo seems to show something quite different than the 186 miles stated. If you'd like to learn more about this bike, feel free to drop by www.v11lemans.com. Also, FYI, you can buy a new in the crate LeMans for about $8900. Hope that helps, and good luck."

His response was:

Wrong pics, sorry.

.... the photos for the auction have now changed, and so has the description <_>

I'd be suspicious. It's pretty hard to screw up the pictures that way(several of them) showing entirely the wrong bike.

al

I love eBay as well, no sarcasm either :D

....but there are a lot of scam artists out there. I wish eBay had the facility for a buyer/seller to bar some types of buyer/seller from bidding.

For example, on some of my auctions, I've stated my policy of not selling/shipping outside of the USA. However, some buyers ignore that, and bid anyway. Then I end up having to relist the item, or find one of the other bidders. It's a PITA.

Just the other week, I had some "Nigerian Scam" fella from Singapore come in and do a quick "buy it now" on a bass amp I had on there, and screwed my auction all up. So I've had to relist it. It's annoying.

al