Paint jobs

DeBenGuzzi

Ben, just go for the stick-on flames.   For real bling, get the ones with sparklies in them.

49772[/snapback]

Good god no, My neighbor did his bike like that I humor him and say 'Nice job' while trying not to laugh and Now he's building a paint booth in his garage and asking me if I want a similar job done I say "I'm not ready just yet" Everything he has he uses that stupid Chameleon paint and his flames he did by hand look much worse than the stickers they sell at any shop. Oh well maybe he'll get better(but he's still not touching my tank) :grin:

Really I should pack it all up and mail it to Zeb he does a helluva Job. :notworthy:

With what sort of paint?

49791[/snapback]

In fact my grand father was the owner of an industrial painting company :thumbsup: and one of my uncle still working in so ... :grin:

But i didn't do the painting job by myself :rolleyes:

(snip)

Now, what is going to be hard is duplicating the Copa paint scheme without an example on-hand for them to examine, scan for a paint match, etc.  Photos will be difficult to reproduce accurately in real-life, and the colors used will have to be a guess.

49523[/snapback]

As far tank prep, I'd asked Dave Richardson once about it & he said the nylon material Guzzi is using for tanks & body parts paints like steel; prep same-same. Seemed odd to me, but he should know. Try asking him yourself; maybe I got confuzzed?.. :wacko:

AFA duplication goes: take a picture of the Copa, & tell them to compensate all the colors by the same factors it take to match the red of the Copa in the photo to the red on his porkchops in real life?

Or else go to a photo store, buy a standard color card and keep it in the photo with the Copa, so that when you have prints made, you can tell them to balance for the colors on the color card & match the density to the 50% gray, and BAMMO! The picture *is* accurate and the paint guys can match based on a photo... :)