Paint jobs

DeBenGuzzi

So I'd like to have my tank and cowl repainted like the Copa Itialia then covered in that 3m tank slapper crap I just love the look of the copa. Anyone know of a good place to say send them to. If I find a place I could ride to even better I suppose. But my paint has 2 little bubbles that I think may get worse b4 they get better and 2 rub marks from either the wrong size of the steeringstop on the front of the frame OR it was disfigured in some way from tank suck(tho I've never experienced it) So if not this season then next I'll need to get it repainted. :luigi:

So I'd like to have my tank and cowl repainted like the Copa Itialia then covered in that 3m tank slapper crap:

49494[/snapback]

Tank slapper 3mcrap is my experience with this product exactly.

come now, I think it looks good I just don't know of anyone, or anyplace that'll do it. I suppose when I'm ready I'll talk to the dealer about it I can paint an RC car but if you f that up youre out Maybe $60 tops F'up the tank and youre looking at a couple hours and some paint that aint the cheapest either. I dunno just if someone had a quick answer I'm so lazy :grin:

We have an excellent shop out here, Cycle Finish, but that unfortunately doesn't help you any  :doh:

I'd find a local MC club/forum, and post the same question.  I'm sure there is a good shop within driving distance.

al

49515[/snapback]

I dont know Al. UPS would gladly send his tank there wouldnt they? lol

Oh, I'm sure they would.

If that were his last resort, then I'd concur... just ship the parts.

But I know I like to actually talk with the folks working on stuff like this, so I'd feel a little iffy just dropping it in the mail. Plus, I'm sure that somewhere in his neck-o-the-woods there has got to be an A+ MC painting shop.

Now, what is going to be hard is duplicating the Copa paint scheme without an example on-hand for them to examine, scan for a paint match, etc. Photos will be difficult to reproduce accurately in real-life, and the colors used will have to be a guess.

al

Cross post from the "wrecked Rosso Corsa thread":

A little off-topic, but since you've been asking about paint jobs... and you suggest a limited budget above... I just wanted to point out that a good paint job, especially a multi-color one like the Copa that you want to emulate, is probably going to cost upwards of $400 just for the tank alone. Add in a the tail carapace, fender, and any other bits, and you are approaching $1000 for a quality job.

You can undoubtedly find a cheaper job out there, but it seems like good motorcycle painting doesn't come cheap, especially when they have to match unknown paint(no codes for many MG applications) and paint on the wierd plastic our tanks are made from, where special prep is required.

Just something to be aware of so you can budget accordingly. My tank, which was a one color job, was about $350 I think. Cycle Finish charged another $50 per color over that.

http://www.cyclefinish.net/

al

.... hope that helps a bit more as well.

al

Yeah I will keep them in mind I bookmarked it thanks Al, I am looking to only do the tank I think. The tail peice will be carbon fiber And may look at a CF front fender or black. I might hand paint the cowl or stop using it who knows. Maybe get it painted later or try and find a way to get one thats CF that would look NICE. :food: It won't look just like a Copa I don't wanna go nuts but I do realy like the scheme and if I can get something close or better I'll go for it.

Oh, I'm sure they would.

If that were his last resort, then I'd concur... just ship the parts.

But I know I like to actually talk with the folks working on stuff like this, so I'd feel a little iffy just dropping it in the mail.  Plus, I'm sure that somewhere in his neck-o-the-woods there has got to be an A+ MC painting shop.

Now, what is going to be hard is duplicating the Copa paint scheme without an example on-hand for them to examine, scan for a paint match, etc.  Photos will be difficult to reproduce accurately in real-life, and the colors used will have to be a guess.

al

49523[/snapback]

Hmm I think I'd go with the place you like Al. If anyone would know who could do a good job you would. Plus shipping is a nominal cost.

So I'd like to have my tank and cowl repainted like the Copa Itialia then covered in that 3m tank slapper crap I just love the look of the copa. Anyone know of a good place to say send them to. If I find a place I could ride to even better I suppose. But my paint has 2 little bubbles that I think may get worse b4 they get better and 2 rub marks from either the wrong size of the steeringstop on the front of the frame OR it was disfigured in some way from tank suck(tho I've never experienced it) So if not this season then next I'll need to get it repainted.  :luigi:

49494[/snapback]

Ben,

I shipped this guy my Norton tank & side covers and did a great job.

Bob Meyers' Cycle Colors

7103 Sunrise Lane

Black Hawk, SD 57718

605-716-3098

-Dan

Ben,

I shipped this guy my Norton tank & side covers and did a great job.

Bob Meyers' Cycle Colors

7103 Sunrise Lane

Black Hawk, SD 57718

605-716-3098

-Dan

49708[/snapback]

I'll write it down and give him a call when I get things ready and see what he can do for me and cross compare with one or two. that would also be much closer than the kalifornia option. Thanks. :thumbsup:

If you decide on the CA option , I'd be happy to take mine to Redwood city for them to get a look at mine.

-Hal

49737[/snapback]

Oh now thats not a bad offer. My heads a swimming with ideas. Thanks for the support and the help Maybe the Vicodin's talking but I love you guys. :drink::lol: