New V11 seat and tailpiece

Admin Jaap

Ok, time to make more enemies, or not, if they can take criticism.

I love you Paul and Rich, but I have been biting my tongue about your seats...

On a scale of 1-10, strictly aesthetics:

Stock seat with Cowling, 9! hard to imagine anything better, but the recent Vincent may have had the tailsection that all others should bow down to and worship!

Stock seat without cowling, 7.

Rich Maund seat takes 0 to 2 points off either of these configurations, depending on how he does it...But a fair trade for comfort.

Paul's tail, 7 with cowling, 5 without. And I would take more points off for losing storage space, but I am only numerically rating aesthetics here.

Paul's seats look nice but he is taking the bike one step away from retro. Sorry, but I want to head toward retro, not away.

As for the AV Moto seat, I'll give it a 6. It looks clean, goes with the lines, is not as refined as Paul's nor Guzzi's, but it keeps the bike looking retro, and the hard edge is kind of trick. Not an improvement, but I would not call it ugly. And if I was five feet tall, I would have it ordered by now.

Oh, yah, and I give my Corbin an 8 :grin:

I don't so much care about the looks of the actual seat, Its me ass that it has to answer to, not my eyes. So rich's seat gets a 9 from me stock seat was a 7 my former bike had a seat around a 4 god damn it sucked. To each thier own. Or everyone would ride a Goose.

Ok, time to make more enemies, or not, if they can take criticism.

I love you Paul and Rich, but I have been biting my tongue about your seats...

On a scale of 1-10, strictly aesthetics:

Stock seat with Cowling, 9! hard to imagine anything better, but the recent Vincent may have had the tailsection that all others should bow down to and worship!

Stock seat without cowling, 7. [snip]

50006[/snapback]

Er.. you've got that back@sswards, my friend! The stock cowling contributes to the heinous "beetle butt" condition that's a carryover from the poor styling of the Centauro. The stock seat without cowling is an improvement, but not much of one since the real fault lays in the actual tail section, not the cowling.

What we need around here is an aftermarket version of the superb Sporti/DaytonaRS tail section that can be retrofitted to the new LeMans/Sport family!

:food::bier::race::thumbsup:

Ok, .....  :grin:

50006[/snapback]

:o Have you been drinking DL? 11 points out of 10 to you for bravery.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

PS

The stock seat is better with the cowl. It is all a bit monstous round the back though. as I said a while ago, it's best without the seat and tailpiece altogether.

Image-820A1C03B50811D9.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

Belfast, can you make the pic bigger?

It is not clearly enough to see it here in Amsterdam.

50048[/snapback]

Hi Antonio

"It is not clearly enough to see it here in Amsterdam." England/Wales must be getting in the way of your telescope.

it's not a finished alternative for the back end – it's only the bike with the parts removed.

The bigger picture is in another thread No complaints, rare fun from last week.

The point is that I do like the look of the bike when the emphasis is on the shape (and bulk) of the engine and tank. There is such a big visual shift when the big seat, wide tailpiece, long mudguard, big rearlight, hugger and plastic endcaps go on – oh yes, and the exhaust system. That's why I was seriously considering the Quat-D. For the same reasons I would also prefer not to have the small screen/fairing, but for practicality it's worth keeping. The later models have pushed the screen much too far forwards though. As a small measure I'm changing the rear light/mudguard and painting the tailpiece mostly black. What's it like riding with the hugger off? Is a lot more water & dirt thrown around the rider's legs?

I actually agree with (some of) D.L.'s comments (on lawyer's advice, I'll not say which ones).

Now, if Paul would expand his range and design & produce another tailpiece: slimmed down, single seat, without the light in the end, and that could easily be swapped off for the stock double seat when required...

Image-820A1C03B50811D9.jpg

AV Moto in Germany produces this IMO very ugly seat and tailpiece for the V11.  It's about 10 cm smaller than the original and they produce it on demand.

looks like someone really misses the ol' Munch Mammuth seat... :D

munch%20mammut%20D.jpg

and of course it looks like this before the overcoat and big trousers go back on

Image-6FEE0A06B97A11D9.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpgImage-6FEDE59FB97A11D9.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg