Titanium Cans

GuzzBun

I fitted the Moto Guzzi titanium cans and the race chip on my Scura - the performance improvement is very noticeable and fuel economy is improved from about 150mpg per tank up to 165. But the cans seem to be rather loose - I've tightened the clamps where the pipes fit into the cans, and the straps which hang from the footpeg brackets, but the cans are still loose - grabbing the tail pipe and wiggling it reveals about half an inch of lateral movement on both cans - anyone else experienced this? Is it to be expected from the type of mounting that is used? There's no popping or backfiring so I'm guessing that there are no leaks, but it just doesn't seem right somehow...

Guest rrbasso

:bier: Yes mine did the same, after turning them out a little and REALLY tighting and some washering I got them tight, My buddy left his loose and has no problem, but he only rides if its sunny out :bbblll:

PS dont mess with the air box, I did and had to go back with the Ti cans the stock set up is perfact....Otherwise it will run to leen

...BTW, you can fix that:

- ECU remap

- bypass screw fiddling

- PCIII

There's no reason you HAVE to keep the airbox if you don't want to. But the ECU that comes with the Ti cans is indeed mapped with the stock airbox in combination with the Ti exhaust in mind, just like your stock ECU is mapped with the airbox and stock exhaust in mind.

al

fuel economy is... 150mpg

49917[/snapback]

:notworthy: Extraordinarily smooth riding, Mr G Bun, quite extraordinary! May the road continue to always fall downhill and the wind always blow behind you. ;)

My Ti cans fit loose same - no problems so far...but then I only go out when it's sunny too....

KB :sun:

49952[/snapback]

...glad to hear that even the MG OEM "peformance cans" wiggle a bit. It took a bit of fiddling to get my Leo Vinces even, and non-wigglable :P

YA know anyone who doesn't want thier Ti pipes I'll take'em right off your hands you can then put on some CF or my wonderfully modified OEM cans with Zero wiggle,  :grin: pleeeezzzzeeee  :unsure:

49989[/snapback]

MI got me a sweet deal (about $500) on a new set of giannelli Ti's. They had a closeout deal from the US distributer a few months ago. I was tired of waiting on MG Ti's and other Ti's like Leo's that stopped producing. The Giannellis sound fantastic and fit well (for me at least). I used the stock hangers with only minor washer modifications to set them straight. No wiggles either.

Good luck in your quest for MG Ti's....I could stand the oem sound no more.

MI got me a sweet deal (about $500) on a new set of giannelli Ti's.  They had a closeout deal from the US distributer a few months ago.  I was tired of waiting on MG Ti's and other Ti's like Leo's that stopped producing.  The Giannellis sound fantastic and fit well (for me at least).  I used the stock hangers with only minor washer modifications to set them straight.  No wiggles either.

Good luck in your quest for MG Ti's....I could stand the oem sound no more.

49998[/snapback]

Well I've seen and Heard the MG Ti's and the funny thing is that my 'modifications' make it sound louder and deeper than the Mg's cans tho I can't beat the look of those cans. So I have my wish for now I can wait for the asthetics. :food:

PS dont mess with the air box, I did and had to go back with the Ti cans the stock set up is perfact....Otherwise it will run to leen

49922[/snapback]

Look here for information about stock crossover

http://www.visi.com/~moperfserv/mgv11ex.htm

and here about info of removing the snorkels and other things

http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/v11sport.html

Don't know wether the links have been mentioned already.

Hubert