Worst day of my life

DeBenGuzzi

Don't just call it a day! Go after this punk and take him to court for whatever you can get. His car being the number one thing. Then have it crushed in front of him and deposited on his front lawn!

50647[/snapback]

:doh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, deep calming breaths, man.

Find out whether the guy had insurance first. If so....use it and use the heck out of it. He does have an obligation to return your bike to the condition it was in prior to the accident. Hold him to that (like I have any doubts you will).

Remember, you can get some parts cheaper aftermarket than you can from Guzzi- turn signals, brake lever, spark plugs :!: , mirrors, rear brake from MPH, etc.

It won't help you now, but I put a set of crash bars on my bike in anticipation of track day later this month. Hopefully, I'll never use them.

I got good news(maybe) and I got bad news, The insurance company he uses took me all day to track down they don't do much auto writing so I had to call CA then NY then I got ahold of what its called in MN epic I think, The Damage estimate is going to be well over a grand I will look to see if I can get larger engine guards(tho I hope to NEVER have it dropped again) Also one of the mufflers is all scratched up and One OEM muffler is $550 So I'm going to have them get me the FBF Carbons and pay the $100 extraish. Other than that they are getting me a new footpeg, barend,both signals, brake lever, engine guard. I already talked to them about swapping parts and me paying the difference so it should be cool. I have a claim number and the dealership and the Insur Comp should be in contact now if not tomorrow. Who knows how long it will all take is the bad news. :angry: I like my dealer but they are Ass slow. <_ also i was wrong it an acura integra very close to a honda civic here and in europe you might be asking yourself whats well thats w so the insurance adjuster saying car describe doesn match up what have but give driver call said ya know its basically same on even looks like h. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_knownothing.gif" alt=":huh2:">

Thanks for the Support I'm just glad its not totalled any other bike I would have prayed for it to be trashed so I could get a new one. But honestly I don't want a different one. I just want ANOTHER one. :lol:

:mg:

man.. I hope it wasn't my karma catching up with you..

About 10-12 yrs ago my cousin & I rode on my 69 Ambo to grab lunch.. I parked sideways in the parking spot with no cars beside me, put it on the centerstand, and walked across the street to sit at a sidewalk cafe.

A family of 4 drive up in their new Mazda 929, and park in the spot beside my front wheel, and sit in the same sidewalk cafe..... Cousin & I finish lunch, I get on the bike, start it, neutral light is on so I roll it off the centerstand..

Of course its in gear and I go "WHACK" into the rear passenger door of their brand new white 929.. with them watching horrified.

Nevertheless I was very apologetic, insurance covered it etc..etc.. but man, it was sure embarassing.

Cheers, Tim

I'm going back to parking on the sidewalks and where ever I can I thought I would "play it safe" and not get a ticket (haven't gotten one yet but wanted to be safe I had room to park) I hate it when things go bad playing it safe :homer:

I'm going back to parking on the sidewalks and where ever I can I thought I would "play it safe" and not get a ticket (haven't gotten one yet but wanted to be safe I had room to park) I hate it when things go bad playing it safe  :homer:

Well things can go bad ,or good anytime.Actually there is no rule of the thumb if playing it safe or not fur such.You have to know that luck is a factor that cannot be

changed, playied,manipulated or controled by none,and actually good luck is the best one can have.We can only do our best and then there is luck (and God of cource)

Just have both by your side and then you're safe for sure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well things can go bad ,or good anytime.Actually there is no rule of the thumb if playing it safe or not fur such.You have to know that luck is a factor that cannot be

changed, playied,manipulated or controled by none,and actually good luck is the best one can have.We can only do our best and then there is luck (and God of cource)

Just have both by your side and then you're safe for sure.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

50767[/snapback]

I know we have a lot of smilies but maybe we could turn one of the <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_glare.gif" alt=":glare:"> into a Karma bell, or a 4-leaf clover, or a horseshoe, or something knocking on wood. Come'on Jaap you know you want to I need all the help I can get :grin:

Ben, a word of caution....I just had something similar happen to me around Christmas time. I got the original estimate from the dealer/repair shop and submitted to the insurance company (after making numerous calls and finally ended up with a call to NJ) who paid failry prompltly. However, after taking off the fairing, etc. they found more damage and the second payment took forever to get out of them. Not they wouldn't pay, just that they kept asking for more info, needed another appriasor visit, yadda yadda.... Not sure how to advise, cept for getting it right the first time. BTW, I did the upgrade thing with the dealer on the side with the insurance company knowledge also. Thanks for keeping it honest, most people take advantage of the situation, which ofcourse always gets past on the rest of the consumers cause I can gaurenteeeeeee the insurance company is covered.

I'd like to echo St. Augustine and give you the Carl Allison Admonition- :!: *Have the frame checked for straightness* :!: as well as checked for any other damage before you accept payment from the insurance company. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

I would also suggest to add a pair of good motor block protectors

like thesebe_2.JPG,MototSchmitzor even others that are a bit wider.I have installet these replacing the factory ones and they have offered me 100% protection  one time that the bike has droped of me (at 0 km/h).A bit wider would be defianatelly even better.

50606[/snapback]

I really wonder about the engine cylinder head protectors now. On a tip over they work fantastic, but I saw the aftermath of a V11 Sport that went down last week at the Arizona Rally and the damage to the engine was just as bad as if you had no cylinder head protector. The bolts holding the cylinder head guard pulled out of the cylinder head so the cylinder still met the pavement. The bike is goin to need a new cylinder head for sure, mostly from the major damage from the 4 bolts being ripped out of the cylinder head. :huh2:

Mike

The ones with the big plastic thang must protect much better, but at the expense of aesthetics.

I'll bet that with no guard the bike at the AZ rally would have had more severe fin damage.

In any case, you cannot predict how hard the impact will be. Better to have head guards than not.

When I broke my shoulder, the bike went over hard enough to break the stock guard, but no fin damage and the cosmetically damaged plug lead still worked well enough to be ridden out of the canyons.

The billet one I have now is maybe half a millimeter bigger, but much more robust.

I think wider ones would be better, but uglier.

The trellis shaped ones would probably give under impact to reduce bolt thread damage.

I really wonder about the engine cylinder head protectors now.  On a tip over they work fantastic, but I saw the aftermath of a V11 Sport that went down last week at the Arizona Rally and the damage to the engine was just as bad as if you had no cylinder head protector.  The bolts holding the cylinder head guard pulled out of the cylinder head so the cylinder still met the pavement.  The bike is goin to need a new cylinder head for sure, mostly from the major damage from the 4  bolts being ripped out of the cylinder head.  :huh2: 

Mike

I believe it mostly protects when in 0 speed and or in very low km/h.But this can be also enough, Would you like to hear a story of how much time and money cost me a drop of the bike with 0 km/h 500mile away from home in the midlle of nowhere,without having propper protectors??(=factory ones)

I can tell you if you like

Got the Damage Estimate. $1386.67 Thats not a bad chunk of change but he hit it pretty hard going back I am slighty suprised its not more my guess was $1500 so I wasn't way off at least. -_-

Also it looks good that the insurance will pay quickly. Now the dealership fixing it quickly is another matter <_>

I get on the bike, start it, neutral light is on so I roll it off the centerstand..

Of course its in gear...

Cheers, Tim

50676[/snapback]

I NEVER trust the neutral light - always hold the clutch in! :mg:

Tim

always hold the clutch in! 

I do this in the car I think its the same for the bike (autominisum) - years of police driver training - not spinning the lay shafts so less mechanical effort required from the starter- (also prevents those embarasing lurch moments if not got it in neutral - never happen because of that training :not: ) - the next thing you want to do is move off any way - I always startup and ride off (maintance tasks excepted)