u joint

richard100t

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I pulled a Homer  :homer: revved the bike up, popped the clutch & snapped the rear u joint. Is this a difficult part to get? Anyone know how much they are or where to get one? I'll take it apart & post a pic later :stupid:

51554[/snapback]

Ok I think things just got worse :bbblll: The spline thats attached to the rear u joint is whats snapped off. The spline part is still in the joint and the rest is in the rear drive axle. It looks like a lot more $$$ for that part, I just hope I can get it.

That is realy painfull. I've never seen such a thing. If you have no chance of getting some warrantydeal, better go looking for a used reardrive. What is broke, is the end of the small gear, And that's only sold, while matched, with the big gear, toghether called bevelgear. TLM has it in it's pricelist for:

Gear set 11/32 v11-sport

Article number: 01354630

Ordered € 906,02

bevelgear.JPG

Guest ratchethack

ACK! What Paul said... No doubt you'll be posting under Technical Topics for awhile now... Too bad, Richard - but keep yer chin up. Us Guys right here 'll help get you thru it. :thumbsup:

:vomit:  :huh: Oh well unless someone knows where a wrecked one is I'll probably have to shell out the money.

51562[/snapback]

Check with Pete Morcombe Reboot Guzzi Spares in the U.K. (France actually, his web site explains. I sure as hell won't try to). Pete has bailed me out lots of times and he has had V11 Sports occasionally.

Gear set 11/32 v11-sport

Article number: 01354630

Ordered  € 906,02

51558[/snapback]

GOOD God, thats it I'm swearing off wheelies on this bike. I'll wait untill I get a sportier bike and leave my front wheel on the ground. Thats a WHOLLLEEE lotta money. :unsure:

Richard- I'm sorry to hear that-

As Paul/Carl say- try to find a used one. What happened to the (German) LeMans with no front end that was sold on ebay recently?

Richard- I'm sorry to hear that-

As Paul/Carl say- try to find a used one.  What happened to the (German) LeMans with no front end that was sold on ebay recently?

51588[/snapback]

I'm starting to look for bike salvage yards. If anyone knows of a wrecked v11 please let me know. Right now I'm just waiting on responses to inquiries from some salvage yards. Man I dont want to pay $1200 for a ?%$* gear! lol Gawd I'm gonna miss riding my bike :bbblll:

Another one Bites the dust, Hey Hey, Another one bites the dust Oh OH, :lol: we're dropping like flies. its starting to look like you need two gooses or have a backup plan :luigi: reminds me of my RC hobby need two cars just to be safe one is always running :homer:

I'll keep mine for awhile but Dammmmmmmnn Monkey! :unsure:

What happened to the (German) LeMans with no front end that was sold on ebay recently?

One is taken apart to get hold of gearbox and reardrive fior a daytona, another one is looking for forks to make the bike complete.

Richard,

I may have one in a week or so away.

I am thinking about parting out my 00 V11 Sport after the trans recall is done. I should have the bike back next weekend if everything goes right. I just have too many bikes right now and with the addition of the Ghezzi-Brian, one has to go. I am planning to part out the bike and keep the engine and trans for possible updates to the Ghezzi-Brian.

Mike

Richard,

I may have one in a week or so away. 

I am thinking about parting out my 00 V11 Sport after the trans recall is done.  I should have the bike back next weekend if everything goes right.  I just have too many bikes right now and with the addition of the Ghezzi-Brian, one has to go.  I am planning to part out the bike and keep the engine and trans for possible updates to the Ghezzi-Brian. 

Mike

51606[/snapback]

Thats cool I'll pm you :)