Test Ride

dmoon64

OK Guy's,

Today at 5:00 central I will be test riding a 2003 V11 LeMans. Some highway miles, surface steets and some crappy old Iowa beaten up stuff. Really looking forward to it. I had to tell someone, my coworkers don't ride so they don't get my enthusiasm. If all goes well I hope to be the proud owner of a Moto Guzzi by Friday. Hope the bank rates are low.

Thanks for letting me lurk and pointing me toward the FAQ regarding "interested in purchasing."

:mg:

Guest Dave Pott

I'll say it again,I the think the Le mans is just about the best looking motorcycle on the road. I've only seen(other than photos) three of them...black, red/black, & candy- apple red/grey. All three looked great, but the Black one just does "IT" for me :P:

Good luck

Rode the Bike.

LOVE THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful red sitting in the sun. Started it up. That SOUND! What a great booming exhaust sound. Swing a leg over, adjust the mirrors. Hey I can see behind me. Pull the clutch in, OK dry clutches make noise. Put her in first, bring up the revs. Go around my big ass car. Wait for traffic to clear, then YYYAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOO!

I was just hoping I would catch red lights so I could accelerate again. Got some looks (Always cool). Booming along at 60 just so sweet. Turn onto the ramp for 80W by the Mississippi. 80mph before I know it. Slow her down for the construction zone. Settle into a nice commuting rhythm. Get off the interstate to see how she handles some of our Iowa frost heaved roads. Nice suspension, Nice engine. You know something is going on down there but it doesn't intrude or get bothersome. Head back to the dealership. Wipe smile off face so they don't know how much you want it.

Gotta do the negotiation now! Wife then dealership. I don't know which one I dread most. I hope to have her home by Saturday. I'm already thinking of names.

New seat, luggage and maybe risers. Maybe an exhaust also. PCIII possibly.

Ok gotta go to work to pay for it.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin!

To everyone on the board Thanks!

Darryl :mg: