Interview with Piaggio CEO

al_roethlisberger

See this thread:

Wildguzzi Thread on Piaggio CEO Interview

Rocco Sabelli (RS) the CEO of Piaggio by Alan Cathcart(AC)

(AC) Okay - now for the big question: Moto Guzzi! What will Piaggio do with it?

(RS) To be quite honest, I wouldnt have been disappointed if Guzzi had not formed part of Aprilia, because it is a stand alone entity, difficult to integrate in our group.

If someone does make us a decent offer to buy Moto Guzzi. we'd be ready to start talking. Moto Guzzi needs everything - products, managers and investment - but it is already pointing in the right direction and there are some excellent products on the way.

The new Breva which we are putting into production, has proved quite a surprise for our very demanding Aprilia test riders, and the Griso 1100 is coming later in the year. But it is going to take more than these two models to deliver the 10 - 12000 bikes a year ( twice the annual current production- AC) that Moto Guzzi must build to make a profit

(AC) So why not let Ducati buy it as their president Fedirico Minoli has stated he'e like to do?

(RS) We have never received a firm offer from Ducati. We can now consider receiving offers to float of Moto Guzzi - but as I say none has been forth coming, from Ducati nor anyone else.

OK guys.

We now have a window of opportunity :!: This forum should start a collection to buy the damn company.

Jaap :helmet: could be the new CEO, Al :luigi: could be the technical advisor, Carl Allison :nerd: the electrical engineer. I :thing: could be the security guard!

Joe :rasta:

I wonder what the asking price is? I know it sounds funny but I suppose if enough people wanted to buy it & make it a publicly traded company.... :huh2: I'd buy some shares if they got the hp & displacement up + built some mgs o1's for the street. They could be easily profitable with a few tweaks. IMO of course :2c:

OK guys.

We now have a window of opportunity :!:  This forum should start a collection to buy the damn company.

Jaap  :helmet: could be the new CEO, Al :luigi:  could be the technical advisor, Carl Allison :nerd:  the electrical engineer. I :thing:  could be the security guard!

52711[/snapback]

Hey guys...can i be in charge of marketing??

how's this, with the caption... "a ride to talk about"

sex sells you know!

I think if you bring 40 milion you can talk. Now how much guzzi's are you going to seel a year? And how long do you tink it will take to get your 40 milion back? 

Better do something else with your money.

52714[/snapback]

yeah, & did'nt Aprilia pay like 75 mil? or was that the asking price initialy.

you know it's strange but the historic name, that means so much to so many could also be what means so little to so many more....

now bear with me....

not just a name change, how about a NEW label, moto....umm...moto.... mmmoto ..... alright fuckit...Moto Guzzi it is !

motoGP! (is the ! enough to keep out of trouble) :D

IF I won a CRAP ton of money I'd look at buying it up and doing it right, the with the Brevas a griso the california(but put in the V11 motor) and then a road legal MGS like everyone talks about. They need some advertising and good performance numbers from the MGS see if its possible to put that same engine into the Girso make it really bad ass. There has to be away to make more of those engines and if not copy what you can and improve what you can't? I'd like to see them rise from the ashes once again. :bier:

Based on what I have seen from some other "employee/customer owned troubled businesses" like United, etc.... I find that prospect rather scary  :wacko:

52712[/snapback]

Alright Roethlisberger youre fired! Staedtler youre in..and bring your "friend" with you :P:

Guest aironepony
OK guys.

We now have a window of opportunity :!:  This forum should start a collection to buy the damn company.

Jaap  :helmet: could be the new CEO, Al :luigi:  could be the technical advisor, Carl Allison :nerd:  the electrical engineer. I :thing:  could be the security guard!

52711[/snapback]

My youth experiences at Francis Barnet might be valuable..........I learnt how to use a broom.............. :thumbsup:

I could manually power the new wind tunnel- just give me a big can of beans for dinner, washed down with a few beers and I will power that big propellor!

The test bike may need a hose down afterwards though.

Guy :helmet: