Interview with Piaggio CEO

al_roethlisberger

Guest goffredo

The "interview" commented in this post actually never happened. These were phrases taken in liberty out of context. When asked if Guzzi was for sale Sabelli said oh yeah, Guzzi would have been sold to anyone with 50 million cash in hand, and that is -quite clearly- a retorical answer meaning: it is not for sale. And that is exactly what he SAID and WROTE to the press in the OFFICIAL press releases detailing the amount of investment by Piaggio in the Guzzi Brand and the appointement of Mr Bandiera as the new CEO of Guzzi. The Italian magazine Motociclismo published the interview with big fanfares (later they did not give the same importance to the immedate denial of Sabelli!... how peculiar... ) and a lot of motorcycle magazines with the same questionable ethics of the Motociclismo simply repeated it. And here it is now a misintepreted quote, presented as an official interview still commented six month later.

:2c:

G.

My V11 is for sale: 50.000,00 Euro and it's yours.

Oh man... i have the perfect campain!!!

First we're going to tour the country (any country) and we're going to strike deals

w/the owners of the top strip clubs in the major cities... we get the girls to wear guzzi oriented apparel (whatever that means) and get the bikes up there on the floor, w/the girls...you know, the lights the sound...kick ass!

on the backstage we'll have all the pertinent paperwork in case a customer decides to say.... buy one

so, we'll give the girls 'incentives' (cash) to promote the brand, and a big ass bonus (some trip to mexico or whatever) for the one that comes back w/signed papers...also, we'll come up w/ some sort of lotto (rigged of course, for whoever has the most expensive car parked outside) to win a special lap dance on board of a Guzzi! that's cool,...$$

now, i cannot stress enough, that the girls in these places must be w/no excuses

absolutely drop dead gorgeous (this is one of the cornerstones of the campaign).

So preferably this would take place on a fri. so everyone will be aware that there

will be demo rides next morning...(make that afnoon) at your local backroad or whatever,...

now,..we won't be making any money here, this is just an investment, it's a campaign to promote our brand...so we'll need to start with some pilot cities to see what feedback we get...in order to pinpoint the right environments and markets, research needs to be done, so... myself and whoever will be in charge of the treasury will need to scout for the right clubs and girls...

this process might take a couple of months...

so,... who's going w/me? :)

Guest bshpilot
how about this.

pan_g.jpg

"time to come back"

52737[/snapback]

i like it...but how 'bout...feel the power of a REAL "V"

Staedtler. Thats why you replaced that Al (whatshisname) fella..youre a freakin jeaneus.

BTW, I dont wanna be a security :thing: guard no more cause then I would have to work on Friday nights. So I'm resigning as Chief of Moto Guzzi Security Division effective immediately, or by this Friday night, whichever comes first :!:

Staedtler. Thats why you replaced that Al (whatshisname) fella..youre a freakin jeaneus.

BTW, I dont wanna be a security :thing:  guard no more cause then I would have to work on Friday nights. So I'm resigning as Chief of Moto Guzzi Security Division effective immediately, or by this Friday night, whichever comes first :!:

53072[/snapback]

Joe, I guess you did not meet the guard that works under you weekend late nightsUA8855.jpg

Don't worry, I'll take the "job"...