luggage

thgil

Velofish....could you post a photo or three of the GIVIs mounted on the V11 Sport? I have a set of 360 Monokeys mounted on my 96 Honda VFR and really like them.

If you scroll down a little here http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...opic=2887&st=15

you can see my huge monokeys on my bike. To get them as far in as possible, I trimmed the tailpiece. Something which is probably not for everybody. Also, I mounted them farther forward than some people might. Now a passenger can't get their feet on the pegs with bags on.

johnk

you can see my huge monokeys on my bike... Now a passenger can't get their feet on the pegs with bags on.

53594[/snapback]

A monkey escaped from the Belfast zoo this week.See!

Luckily not as huge as yours, and he stayed away from the Guzzi.

_41200077_monkey_203.jpgThis is the feller.

Heh, heh! Remember this:

ye olde threadepost-6-1091054268.jpg

Guest Cantaloop

Last Weekend i visited a V11-meeting in germany. Bad weather on the way to this meeting - an rain on my way back to home. I bought some saddlebags made by ortlieb.

Ortlieb Bags

Easy to fix, absolute dry and i could drive faster than 200 km/h without any problems.

m22.jpg

I never knew that Ortlieb make all those bike bags. I've used their watersports dry-bags and they work great. I wonder are the bike bags available outside Germany (& U.S.A.)? I suppose they must be. Mail order?

Last Weekend i visited a V11-meeting in germany. Bad weather on the way to this meeting - an rain on my way back to home. I bought some saddlebags made by ortlieb.

Ortlieb Bags

Easy to fix, absolute dry and i could drive faster than 200 km/h without any problems.

m22.jpg

53670[/snapback]

The bags do not look really sporty, but very efficient. Do they need frames or racks to be mounted on the motrbike? or, do the company provide frames?

Do they fit on the V11? also respecting the 10cm distance from the mufflers as the company suggests?

The bags do not look really sporty, but very efficient. Do they need frames or racks to be mounted on the motrbike? or, do the company provide frames?

Do they fit on the V11? also respecting the 10cm distance from the mufflers as the company suggests?

53751[/snapback]

I forgot to ask: how is the surface of the bag that faces the motorbike? does it scratch the paint? how do the straps that cross the saddle affect the comfort for the piliar?

I forgot to ask: how is the surface of the bag that faces the motorbike? does it scratch the paint? how do the straps that cross the saddle affect the comfort for the piliar?

53752[/snapback]

sorry about that, pilion, I wanted to say Pilion

Looks like a typical case of "Deutsche Wertarbeit". Good stuff, but probably quite expensive.

Waterproof motorcycle panniers with roll closure. Spacious, soft bags which are fastened to the motorcycle with wide Velcro and tension straps. No special rack is required. The symmetric cut leaves plenty of space for the pillion passenger. The roll closure is absolutely waterproof and affords reliable protection against dirt from the roads. The individual bags can be used as shoulder bags by fastening the shoulder strap. Thanks to effective reflectors you will be easily seen in the dark or in rainy weather..

Instructions

Hey VFish.  Do you have the Ti pipes?  I have a Scura with the Ti pipes and wonder if the Givis still work with up sweep pipes?

53519[/snapback]

These Famsa supersports might work ok with Ti upswept pipes

btriday1.jpg

They look a bit tiny though.

I never knew that Ortlieb make all those bike bags. I've used their watersports dry-bags and they work great. I wonder are the bike bags available outside Germany (& U.S.A.)? I suppose they must be. Mail order?

53702[/snapback]

Aerostich had some of the Ortlieb panniers & goodies in their last catalog: www.aerostich.com

Hope this helps,

Phil

...........and speaking of bags, what ever became of the chap that had fabricated his own racks & was going to mount up some BMW cruiser bags? That was one of the best looking combos I've ever seen, but lost track of what happened.

Phil