S...t is about to hit the fan!

staedtler

Guest Nogbad

Caveat Emptor.

HD is a manufacturer of "non-essential" consumer durables whose appeal is as much a product of brand marketing as of the machines themselves. All companies tend to overstate the good times, and this is particularly true of target led publicly quoted stock. As such, investors should be well aware of the risks to HD's revenue stream of recession or of the vagaries of fashion. HD is not a public utility like a power generation company or a water company.

I fail to see how such a lawsuit is justified. If investors are too thick to know the difference between frothy stocks and boring utility stocks, and can't for themselves assess financial risk then TOUGH SHIT. The stockmarket is no different from a bet on the horses, and you don't see class actions on behalf of punters who lost because the favourite didn't win.

These lawyers are just ambulance chasing parasites without a moral thought between them, and the affected investors are a bunch of naive prats. Class actions like this simply take the shares down further, compounding the pain for the idiots who bought the shares at the top.

My heart bleeds for them... (Not) :moon:

Guest philbo
To hell with the HD story -- my heart really DOES bleed for Max Biaggi.

That's just COLD!

53363[/snapback]

They still make millions a year - I'm sure they'll survive :bike:

What really bothers me about this deal is the top dogs at HD cashing in just before the stock took a dive. This is kind of like finding out you have been playing poker with marked cards. The fellow who slipped in the marked cards should get his thumbs broken. Martha Stewart did essentially the same thing and went to jail for lying about it.

Guest hogjockey
it was just a matter of time :lol:

on another note... who's getting ready for this weekend?

this guys sure aren't!

53361[/snapback]

I have rode Harleys for 15 years, The dealers used to be eagar for your business. I own a small bike shop in a small town and went to the closest dealership to my town to open a account with them and was told they are not doing business with small companys only large one that will do 50K or better a year worth of ordering.

Was it so long ago they were in a garage building there first bikes...I know not all dealers are like this but its just shocking to me they can be so arrogant.

I truly hope harley is hit hard and remembers the humble beginings.

I will never ride a Harley ever again.......... :mg:

Guest Nogbad
Martha Stewart did essentially the same thing and went to jail for lying about it.

53375[/snapback]

The Martha Stewart case was a kangaroo court, and it appears to me that you in the US are starting to suffer from the same politics of envy and desire to pull down the successful that holds the British economy back.

You jail some woman for turning a quick buck on a share deal and ignore a President who strides about the globe killing and maiming the innocent.

Guest Nogbad

We have voted Blair in again just as they have re-elected Bush.

53383[/snapback]

I wash my hands of the election result. I did my best and voted Conservative.

I'm not really complaining about the war although I have my doubts, but I fail to see how Martha Stewart could be considered such a danger to the public that she should be slung in the slammer. Surely, if her gains were ill gotten, the appropriate punishment is simply an appropriate fine.

Everyone knows so called insider dealing is rife, and rarely comes to light.

The world's a crazy place. :huh2:

I don't care much for the graphics on the 999. That tribal stuff just doesn't do it for me.

On a related note, I saw perhaps the ugliest bike I've ever seen in person the other day at an auction. It was a Harley (though that doesn't matter). The theme was 'bones' (real creative). Imagine an electric blue chopper, with the front stanchions shaped like arm bones with the hands holding the axle, and the headlight was a skull. Inside the gaping maw was a single household halogen bulb (like in track lighting). Nice. The brake/clutch levers were finger bones and there were ribs on the gas tank. Oh, the humanity. I almost wish I'd taken a picture of it, but my eyes are still sore, so the camera may not have been able to take it. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

edit: behold the power of the internet-

note the lovely femur bones on the saddlebags.

harley.jpg

Excellent! I now hae the inspiration for my winter makeover. I can see it now, replace the shock with a steel strut,36" apes,paint so loud I wont need a headlight. Anybody got a spare skeleton? And some streamers?