Damn dikes

Admin Jaap

Rats... <_ yesterday at tlm we found out the oz front wheel has two dents in it. that means it definetly going to be an insurance case. and take longer before i back on road. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_bbblll.gif" alt=":bbblll:">

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rats...  <_ yesterday at tlm we found out the oz front wheel has two dents in it. that means it definetly going to be an insurance case. and take longer before i back on road. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_bbblll.gif" alt=":bbblll:">

55274[/snapback]

Ouch - bet that hurt more than the tumble

Just came off the phone with Ghezzi & Brian in Italy: they have a new front wheel in black. the last one! They discontinued the wheels because the V11 is discontinued...

BTW, Barbara speaks english very well! :)

Crashing builds character. Glad to hear no major parts are destroyed.

Now the ribs on the other hand... THAT sucks.

Heal fast to you and the bike.

I'll take that "dented" front wheel of your hands Jaap... please.

OUCH... how did I miss this thread until today? :doh:

(Probably because I've been working 12 hour days at work, and getting the house ready to sell afterwards... for the last 3 weeks :rolleyes: )

Glad to hear you aren't too beaten up Jaap, and that the bike doesn't sound too awfully smushed. I know that must have put a real damper on your day :(

al

• 1 month later...

This week I came back from vacation and the first thing I did was to call TLM if my bike was ready. Today I picked it up. They did a nice job.

It teems the lower triple tree was bent, so they replaced that. The front wheel was straightened out, but had to be repainted. You have to look really close to spot the color difference with the rear wheel :thumbsup:

A few things I have to do:

* change the indicators; they used real lousy "carbon look" ones.

* find some mirrors

* insert the db-killers in the new mufflers

* some small stuff like sanding and painting the bar end weights.

I also ordered a new helmet. A titanium colored Bayard.

107436_25-480xdyn-ffffff-95.jpg

It fitted like a glove. The HJC helmet I crashed with, had deep scratches and had to be replaced.

Luckily the weather is really bad at the moment :whistle: so I have a few days to get it all right!

Sorry to hear about this, Jaap, as I know you have recently gotten to riding again. I'm a little confused about what a dyke road is and so on. We don't have them here. Were you riding along a narrow path on top of a hill? Something like that? And, did you just fall over, or did the bike tumble down a hill some? Is that a hole in your valve cover???

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I always want to know why a bike goes down. I can't figure this one out. I hope this doesn't freak you out about riding. Just having my rear brake seize on me slowed me down pretty good for a whole day.

Enzo, dikes are the artificial "obstacles" alongside a river, lake or sea to prevent water flooding the surrounding land.

In my case it was a river dike. The dikes follow the river quite closely and that's why the roads on top have nice corners.

The fatal curve was a 3d gear one, that suddenly turned into a 2nd gear one... The road was rather narrow so I couldn't get the bike through anymore. I "jumped" off the 25 feet high dike involuntary and the bike luckily went on it's side and slid down the rocky surface. The rocker cover took most of the punishment and yes, that's a hole. :)