MotoGP at Laguna Seca

Lex

Just a note to folks planning to go to the MotoGP at Laguna Seca:

In the US only: The last day to order tickets and have them mailed to you is Friday. After that you have to do the will call thing at some hotel. See Laguna web site for more details.

Sunday only tickets are $55 each plus a $5 handling fee.

:race:

PS. If you haven't been there Laguna's weather this time of year is pretty consistent, it changes consistently. Plan on temps from well above freezing and foggy to very hot and sunny. The weather will probably be both on a given day. :grin:

I'll be in a car ( :vomit: ) but maybe some of the real men might want to meet some place and have a little MG Spine Frame parking area. :mg:

See ya,

Lex

I'll be up there, but I won't be on my LeMans. I'm going up with my 12 y.o. son. Don't like the thought of a pillion rider with all the crazed bikers.

Tickets, except general admission are long since sold out and forget about a hotel room within 100 miles. I got 2 Sunday grandstand tickets off EBay for $175.00 (face value 15.00 each) and a 3 day paddock (40.00) pass for $206.00 .......ouch :moon: I scrounged possibly the last hotel room in Monterey...$229 + tax

So the entire weekend will be around $1000.00 and my son gets in for free on the paddock and general admission!

Oh well, I'm excited about it. :D

Andy

Guys & gals,

Pat Hayes will be hosting a "Guzzi Hospitality Area" outside of T5&6 (Site 171) in the camping area. Look for his camper and flags flying. Stop by, introduce yourself. Pat and Regina are two core Guzzisti.

I'll be there running rampid in full AMA Pro garb (black shirt/tan pants), so if you see me, stop me and say Hi.

Hope to meet some of you guys there,

Todd

Edited by RacerX

I know there will be guys more experienced around Laguna, but I've been going to WSB for years, and have a favourite Hotel [Motel 6 South]in a favourite town [salinas]. We booked the hotel 4 weeks before the official anouncement, getting a double room, no smoking for 57$US a night. Ordered the track tickets the day they went on sale. 156$US got us a 3-day paddock pass, 3-day general admission, 3-day red zone motorcycle only parking, and Sunday grandstand turn 11. The only thing I'm pissed at is the modifications to the paddocks/pits which slightly marrs the view at 11, but who would have known. At least they have the gumbo-tron TV pointed right at us when we lose sit of them.

A group of 12 wachos are heading out Sunday, taking all the twisty roads we can find on the way down. This is one of those rides where the destination and the ride are of equal importance, and I consider myself very lucky to witness motorcycle history for the second time in 3 months.

Ciao, Steve G.

Ingrid and I are finally coming ou of the woodwork and will be going all 3 days. I even managed to scrounge parade lap tickets off of EBAY. Anyone else with a spine frame doing the parade lap ?

Maybe we could do a cheese-fest-like V11 parade ?

We don't have hotels booked so we're most likely SOL there but i am riding the bike up there!

Robbie

hope to see some of you there, I'm riding up from LA with a few Duc friends. Have 3-day admin...didn't know I was going soon enough to snag paddock or red zone parking....and ebay is looking pricy to get those now. What are other folks doing about parking? I'm kinda worried that I'm gonna get stuck in a field somewhere. My dang Duc buds get to park on the island free (w/ hospitality) with Duc NA. I tried to sneak in but you have to have a Duc VIN to get a pass. :bbblll:

I'll be easy to spot....green v11 w/ Missouri lic plate. Give a shout if you see me (obviously I'll be checking your goose out too). :bier:

Guest Dave Pott

Hey Robbie,

Hope your Duc buddies have their parking passes already, otherwise they are parking in the dirt with the rest of us schlubs w/o cycle parking. The Ducati parking area is FULL and won't accomodate all the Ducatisti expected.

Don't forget to bring a kickstand plate so your bike doesn't fall over :P

Hope to meet you.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well the bike is getting packed up tonight and heading out with 2 others at first light tomorrow from LA area. Going up 33 to 58....not sure after that...maybe G16, Hwy 1, or even 101....depends on how bad my ass hurts and how long the first leg takes us.

And yes, my Duc buddy did get his island tickets, though it is still first come. This is not a topic that I plan on speaking to him on. :moon: I'll be in the outback with everyone else.

hope to see some of you up there!

I'll be leaving with my bud from San Luis Obispo tomorrow (Thursday) mid-morning, running some true secondary roads then up the coast via 1.

Send me direct e-mail if you want to run up with us; ToddGuzziTech.com

Guest Dave Pott

Me on the Ballabio & wifey on her Monster will head out Friday after work and stay at her brothers place near Paso Robles(he is still recovering from his bike accident 2 months ago).

Will then make a spirited romp up Hwy 1 on Satuday morning to our Hotel in Aptos. We are going try to hit Cannery Row early afternoon and then wait for the masses and the ensuing party there after :bier::drink:

Sunday will be all about MotoGP. Get there early and stay as late as need be to let traffic thin.

Also staying sunday night.

Cheers

Dave

Note to self: Remember the extra Duc key for entrance to "Ducati Island". Depending on how fun that place is, maybe I'll schlepp over to the "Guzzi Hospitality Area" too! :grin:

Guest DanielCooper

Folks-

I'll be there on Sunday morning early looking to get a spot by the corkscrew. See you at the Guzzi compound.

Maybe we should all wear pink tutus or something so we can recognize each other.

Daniel

Guest Dave Pott
Maybe we should all wear pink tutus

Duuuude!!

How long you been living in San Francisco?? :wacko: