YOUNG NICKY!!!!

v50man

Jim Redmond is indeed a lovely man, Jim. It is worth noting that at Del Mar, when the total snob Rob Ianucci thankfully brought out these and other magestic machines, amazingly there were only about 250-350 people. Clearly those in attendance knew what was happening, and how lucky they were to get up close and personal with not just Jim Redmond, but the dosens of other legends who were asked to run these priceless machines for Mr. Iannuci. A true gift, and again, I consider myself very lucky to be not just within earshot, but to be sitting casually with such men, chatting as if I were an old buddy.

Ciao, Steve G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OLD KENNY!

The Doctor put everything back in order

and killed all resistance 5 lap from the checkered flag

at DOnington.

But, Lemon-Kenny finally did his first great race

since I don't know when... while the young americans

rolled in the gravel. :D

366452_55252.jpg

look a smile!

Nicky may be for real, but not yet. We'll have to wait until Mr. Rossi burns out or gets bored, or [heaven forbid] crashes and hurts himself. As it stands, Rossi is still far and away THE man on 2 wheels. No question!

Ciao, Steve G.

Nicky may be for real, but not yet. We'll have to wait until Mr. Rossi burns out or gets bored, or [heaven forbid] crashes and hurts himself. As it stands, Rossi is still far and away THE man on 2 wheels. No question!

Ciao, Steve G.

57117[/snapback]

No doubt about it -- Rossi is head and shoulders above the rest -- a man among boys.

I just like to watch competitive racing, and I feel that as his confidence improves, Hayden will eventually CHALLENGE Rossi on a regular basis. He's a talented and likeable kid.

My heart broke for Sete even though I'm not a fan of his. NEVER have I witnessed such a string of bad luck for such a great rider.

Great stuff all.

Nicky Hayden has always been a favourite of mine during the AMA years, especially when compared to that arrogant autotron Mat Mladin. He pronounces a pride of his American citizenship in an almost innocent soft manner, which is a breath of fresh air to a non American like myself. It looks very good on him and his fellow citizens, and he is a great country ambassador. As well, like Rossi, he genuinely seems to be enjoying motorcycle racing immensely. It is way better to watch competitors who you know are having a gas at what they are doing for a living. His time will come, he has an incredible natural talent [perhaps not to the degree of Rossi] which cannot be supressed. Barring injury, I predict he will be a world champion within 5 yrs.

Ciao, Steve G.

Got to love Mladin

an arrogant :moon: AND a h*ll of a motorcycle rider.

Controversy make's good publicity and that is only good

for the sport.

Would like to see him in a more competetive arena like

MotoGP or World Superbike, but he is probably too old

and makes too much mony in the US.

(But Frankie Chili is 41, so you never know)

Got to love Mladin

Would like to see him in a more competetive arena like

MotoGP or World Superbike, but he is probably too old

and makes too much mony in the US.

(

57139[/snapback]

Am I right in saying Mladin used to be a factory Suzuki rider in 500GPs, but had a horrible accident?

Am I right in saying Mladin used to be a factory Suzuki rider in 500GPs, but had a horrible accident?

57176[/snapback]

AFAIK:

He rode Cagiva i 500GP in 1993, without much success.

He was seriously injured in 1995 but not on the track.