HEADLAMP LENS V1100

rossoandy

Andy,if you have a Bosch lamp,in Italy,i can find only a lens in a Bosch dealer but the last model have a Luxor headlamp and this don't have a single lens for replacement.The cost of a Luxor headlamp complete in Italy is £100

Good Luck. Giovanni Polegato

57639[/snapback]

giovanni, thankyou for your input, it is the bosch unit and a glass is on order from local bmw dealer, we hope it is the correct one. The glass is around 25% of the cost of obtaining via guzzi here in uk!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi mate, sorry didnt get to meet b4 i left island. Got homesoick for the kids and left few days earlier than planned. Dunno when, but let u know. Fingers crossed for headlamp huh!

57632[/snapback]

It fits!!!!

BMW PART NO 63.12.1.358.148 rh dip bosch headlamp lens V1100 £26.05 plus vat but inc post and packaging from Prestige Motorcycles Bexleyheath London tel no

020 83033030 would be nice to be able to put more their way,perhaps we could get a small discount if several a year are sold via this site? But feel would be nice to reccomend then as suppliers simply because they so helpful and part arrived promptly. So post this info everywhere!!! regards andy.

HI FOLKS, THE LENS ARRIVED PROMPTLY AND IT FITS!! TOTAL COST £30.61 INC UK TAX AND POST/PACKING.

MOTO GUZZI UK :bbblll:

CAN RECOMEND ANYONE TO USE THIS DEALER IN UK TO SUPPLY, VERY PROMPT.

HI FOLKS, THE LENS ARRIVED PROMPTLY AND IT FITS!! TOTAL COST £30.61 INC UK TAX AND POST/PACKING.

MOTO GUZZI UK :bbblll:

CAN RECOMEND ANYONE TO USE THIS DEALER IN UK TO SUPPLY, VERY PROMPT.

57765[/snapback]

020 8303 3030 PRESTIGE BMW LONDON

63.12.1.358.148 UK LH DRIVE PART NO (EURO AVAILABLE TOO)

It is good to see that in the end it was a simple fix for you Andy. It is interesting to compare parts prices in diffferent parts of the world. In NZ dollars your lens cost about $80, in the US the comparable part would cost less than $60 delivered while mine cost me considerably more at $135 some 12 months ago.

Rob

It is good to see that in the end it was a simple fix for you Andy. It is interesting to compare parts prices in diffferent parts of the world. In NZ dollars your lens cost about $80, in the US the comparable part would cost less than $60 delivered while mine cost me considerably more at $135 some 12 months ago.

Rob

57779[/snapback]

thanks very much for your help,when strpping to fit lensi took bosch no from reflector,wonder if this available elsewhere too! although mine fine at moment...

thanks very much for your help,when strpping to fit lensi took bosch no from reflector,wonder if this available elsewhere too! although mine fine at moment...

57783[/snapback]

Reflector, lens, and chrome surround are all identical to the BMW application listed.

Centauro and Calif EV 98-01 use a smaller headlight. Same as BMW R65.

Available as parts as well. In US, they are much more expensive for the small light,

however :huh2:

But still much cheaper than a complete unit from Guzzi

• 1 year later...

just bought a lens and it won't fit in my headlight :angry: (its luxor type) any one needs it you can have it for £20 +p+P give me a ring on 07903051750

cheers

kenny

• 4 weeks later...

020 8303 3030 PRESTIGE BMW LONDON

63.12.1.358.148 UK LH DRIVE PART NO (EURO AVAILABLE TOO)

Hi

Will this headlamp fit a 04 cafe sport headlight shell, and does all the v11,s use the same headlight :huh2:

Gary :mg:

Gary, this is what the lens you are asking about looks like.

Rob

Ok , my lens is clear, oh well have to go looking now , thanks for the info Rob :thumbsup:

Gary

Hi guys,

A while since I posted, however...

In the middle of restoring/freshening up a Laverda 1200 imported last year from Spain.

Got it through the MOT last year by swapping entire headlamp unit from my V11. Yes, Laverda also used this classic piece of fine german engineering

Was pondering cheapest source of a left hand dip unit on a permanent basis, it becoming a bit of a pain having to swap headlights :P

I was looking at breakers/fleabay for a Ducati Monster unit, pretty sure the same one as Guzz and Bee-em.

However, are we saying that the left hand dip lens will convert the unit from right to left dip on it's own, or is the reflector unit different (which I must admit is what I'd assumed :doh: )??

Thanks and apologies for semi-hijack!

Dave

Rainy London (regretting removing rear mudguard for that sexy naked butt look!)

Now you see, this is what I love about this forum. My rosso mandello also suffered a black eye and I was told IF a headlight coudl be bought (orig) it was only available as complete and was almost A$400. Thankfully, i had some silicon to fill the hole and have been happy ever since but I am delighted to knwo I can get an affordabel alternative.

MOTO GUZZI; ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL THIS?????

STOP OVERCHARGING US FOR BASIC SPARES AND WILL BE EVEN MORE LOYAL (IF THATS POSSIBLE)

flame off!

nigev11

Dave, if yours is the same as these but in the right hand dip version all you need is the lens. The reflector is the same. On my U.S. new bike the part number for the lens I changed was 1305 604 0179 (lower right on the lens), if it helps. Check previous posts as there was one that may suit you for sale recently.

Rob.