The end is near!

jrt

Ok, not the end, but rather the beginning.

Sonya, my lovely wife, is 'with child' and she's due in January. Among the many decisions, preparations, alterations, etc. that have to be made, there are some that are more important than others. A critical preparation is clothing the little gadget. Now, in Iowa, they are somewhat particular (it's a progressive state)so my suggestion of burlap and sack-cloth went over about as well as you would predict.

So I need some help. Are there any cute little baby clothes with the Guzzi eagle on 'em? I can't find any here in the States and Sonya wants some. I'm not making this up; it's really her idea. If you happen to see any- let me know.

Other good news is she wants to keep her Breva. So, if we are to continue motorcycling as a family, I guess I need to get the sidecar going again (for when it gets a little older).

Cheers,

Jason

Congratulations from Holland too!

The Moto Guzzi Club Netherlands has some children's clothing: I can get you a children's T-shirt with the Guzzi logo, but it's sized for 3-4 year olds. If you're interested let me know.

Jason & Mrs Jason - Congratulations! The UK Guzzi Club do some kids stuff, but like Jaap's - think it's for older kids. I'll see if I can dig out the leaflet but think I binned it...Anyhow - Is it your first? Good luck! :bier:

KB :sun:

Jason, just DON'T sell your bike to buy object and stuff for the unborn child, like some "motorrider" does.

I maybe will worry about to have a completely line of Pampers than shirts.

If you know what I mean.

Otherwise, congratulation, I have two children. Two ladies, 5 and 8 years old.

Thanks all, :drink:

we are pretty excited about it. Yes, it's our first. Yes, it's predisposed to being a scientist- that's why there's going to be music and art lessons in the future. I hope it has Sonya's art abilities, because mine are nil. My granddad was a teacher, my dad, my mom, Sonya's dad were all educators. Sonya and I are teachers. The little widget will probably be a garbage collector and make more money than any of us. :grin:

Antonio- simmer down there! I appreciate your concern, but I'll not be getting rid of any motorbikes. Like I said, this is a kick in the pants to get the sidecar bike going. :bike: I'll still keep the Eldo and the V11. I think we can manage a few diapers....I have no idea how many I'll need, but the concensus seems to be "a lot". I know too much about disposable diapers and their legacy, so I'm going to start getting cotton ones. Should be messy.

Jaap, Baldini- heck yes I'm interested, even in 3-4 yr clothes. Let me know what you find-I'll reward you handsomely for your efforts, or shoot me a web address if the Dutch or English Guzzi Club has one.

Congratulations with the new Guzzizsti, Jason!

Søren

You should be ashamed of yourself, doing that horrible, dirty, thing to the poor woman! Now all you have to look forward to is 20+ years of pain and grief and having your house filled up with sharp stuff you tread on in the middle of the night!

I'm lucky, mine are 20, 19 and 11 so I've got rid of the first two pretty much, (even though #2 is shacked up with the most boring boy in the world in rural NSW when she should be shagging her way around europe!). The last one is a mouth on legs, only opens it's gob to shout abuse or empty the fridge into it. I'm sure the trauma does eventually end, don't bank on it being any time within your lifetime though :P

Congratulations mate, but don't sweat on the Guzzi Garb, lets face it, going to that extreme is really a bit nerdy :bier:

Pete

Guest Steve_W
The last one is a mouth on legs, only opens it's gob to shout abuse or empty the fridge into it.

:lol::notworthy: Best description of an 11-y/o I've ever read! Applies right through 16 or so too.

I presume you've told the 19-y/o she should be shagging her way through Europe, right? :whistle: