Some Future Guzzis?

orangeokie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more using aprilia's new 600cc (550) V-twin . . .

MG-V2-ALLPURPOSE.jpg

Global Sport

MG-V2-FLATMOTARD.jpg

Urban Tracker

MG-V2-SPORTSTRADA.jpg

SportStrada

And what the Breva may become . . .

brevas.jpg

brevaf.jpg

Gosh! Look! A whole load of art student fantasies that look jut the same as any other bloody boring motorbike on the market :vomit:

Isn't it wonderful to live in the modern world where we all have so much 'Choice'? NOT!!!!! Tedious, dull, unimaginative, all show, (and a bloody piss-weak show at that!) and no substance. I pray none of 'em ever see the light of day. :2c:

Pete

No need to hold onto the old checkbook...that Mille V-8 will never see the light of day....H20 cooling and 4 valves per cylinder.  I'm not saying they couldn't make it...I'm just saying they haven't lived up to those expectations in a very long time!

My Webpage

My  other Webpage

58052[/snapback]

Have you seen thisDrysdale ok admittedly is been around quiet a while. Dunno Lemans Sport has potential an updated 1100 sport wouldn't be a bad thing The GT tourer looks very st1300 and the V8 has some serious Benelli Tornado influences. Won't be holding my breath on any of these I'd go blue and fall over.

Guest Nogbad

I think Piaggio will sell Guzzi on as soon as there is a year with a sliver of black in the balance sheet.

If they can't get it to that place, it will be Rover all over.

I wouldn't buy a new one, no matter how good it is because I have no confidence that the company will be there to support my new bike in years to come. It's ok with a second hand V11, it doesn't really matter because of all the spares and enthusiasts out there. I wouldn't want to end up with one of only a handful of Grisos say, and no prospect of getting engine spares. Think of the depreciation!

I wouldn't worry about it if you look at the history og Guzzi especailly in the last 40 years they or thier owners go bust regulary. Somehow they always manage to rearrange the deck chairs at the boat shed and contiune on. Most of the parts are usally scoured from outside suppliers anyway. If you look at the current drama's VOR is going through they havn't produced a bike in almost 9 months. Yet parts are readily and easily avalible through the factory. Quoting a supplier based in Italy "This is Italy and there is not anything you I or anyone else can do about it" he is Italian BTW before anyone decides I need a horse's head personally delivered.

I think Piaggio will sell Guzzi on as soon as there is a year with a sliver of black in the balance sheet.

If they can't get it to that place, it will be Rover all over.

I wouldn't buy a new one, no matter how good it is because I have no confidence that the company will be there to support my new bike in years to come. It's ok with a second hand V11, it doesn't really matter because of all the spares and enthusiasts out there. I wouldn't want to end up with one of only a handful of Grisos say, and no prospect of getting engine spares. Think of the depreciation!

58087[/snapback]

I dont think Guzzi will every truly go tits up because of the brand name which will always be attractive to other corporations- more likely it will get sold on again to someone like Ducati or BMW.

Guy :helmet:

Guest lintonsa
:mg: I really wished that Moto Guzzi would build an updated version of the Le Mans. Something along the lines of the current one, but with the Breva motor and updated electronics. Having said that I am quite happy with my 04 Le Mans, put do have an eye towards the future. Any ideas as to what we might expect for the 06 model year ?

Motortoer in Amsterdam has sold 7 V1100 Breva in 6 weeks !

The future is in the new cardan, new gear and new engine of the newest Moto Guzzi.

Maybe will Moto Guzzi the production of the V11 get ended and go on with the production of the bikes with the newest technology.

I have heard the new Cali will get this technology too. In second place will the development of the V11 go further in also this new technology.

People, we have got the last real Moto Guzzi, with the same production as 40 years ago.

Yesterday my Le Mans has got the K&N on. WoW! The sound goes better and better. Just give me the old technology to me...

Motortoer in Amsterdam has sold 7 V1100 Breva in 6 weeks !

The future is in the new cardan, new gear and new engine of the newest Moto Guzzi.

58125[/snapback]

Antonio, while the new bike looks different in many ways it is still very, very similar to the *old* bikes. The new drive shaft arrangement seems to be an enclosed version of the system used on the V11's and, as Will Creedon aptly described it, 'Uglied up a bit' :grin: . The new six speed box? Well, yes, it's new, but it's a gearbox, people have been making 'em for several centuries and while it will hopefully be less trouble prone than the current six speeder it's scarcely anything new???? As for the motor? Sticking an extra plug in the head and changing the rod/stroke ratio can hardly be described a an *All New* motor.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the company all the best, even though I can't honestly see myself ever buying another new motorbike, (Except possibly a small-bore Ag-bike for pottering around dirt roads on.) but I hardly think that these attempts at 'New Technology' are anything outstanding. If they help Guzzi sell more bikes I'll be overjoyed but please don't try and pretend they are something they aint!!!!

Pete