The Ashes come home

Guest Nogbad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it only took the limeys 16? years to win the game they invented  :P  I'm still trying to work out whether it was the English cricket team that won or the misrable English weather  :bbblll: .

60360[/snapback]

English weather is part of English cricket. Don't be such a sore loser.

btw – when I said we have plenty of ashes here at the moment, this is what I meant (in case you thought I meant something trivial...)

tonight's paper

Tele9.05.jpg

oh well, it was One – Nil, as Jaap kindly added

9.05_belfast_mural.jpg9.05_orange_masks.jpg

Sob

The cricketing Gods have shown their bias this series.

3 more runs in the 2nd test & it would have been at least 2-1 the other way !!!

How good is Freddy Flintoff???

I just hope Adam Gilchrist comes good again & Ritchie Benaud doesn't retire after all.

Miles

One – Nil

he hehe

(p.s.: ashes – we've got loads of ashes just at the moment)

60110[/snapback]

I got both references the first time :):(

I've no intrest in the "glorious game" but its nice in a perverse way when they get their comeupance against a team that they "should beat easily" I did catch the last 10 minutes against France in the World Cup(?) when they threw it away. (what abunch of tossers).

For some reason I used to play cricket mostly tedium interspaced with moments of terror hoping that the ball would bounce well before it reached you in the out field so you wouldn't get castigated for dropping a catch.

But on to the more important ashes. I trust that you are safe and this isn't happening on your doorstep.

I had some involvement in the Marsh Farm, Luton "riots" six years ago but by the time I got there on the Friday (day 3) once my normal role was dealt with it was virtually over.

Those last photos are quiet worrying, being daylight, normally expect this to beocurring at night.

It does go to show that some things are slow to change as far as NI goes.

Best wishes and stay safe

I got both references the first time  :)  :(

But on to the more important ashes. I trust that you are safe and this isn't happening on your doorstep.

60415[/snapback]

Yeah, the picture from the paper is the doorstep at work. What tyres would you recommend for these road conditions? I'm not sure if I should plump for a hard compound to go over the stuff or, more likely, one capable of a sharp turn-around and speedy exit.

Yeah, the picture from the paper is the doorstep at work. What tyres would you recommend for these road conditions? I'm not sure if I should plump for a hard compound to go over the stuff or, more likely, one capable of a sharp turn-around and speedy exit.

60417[/snapback]

These spring to mind

It is interesting, how the boys from Ulster appear to have team spirit to their terrorist activities.

Even the recent bombings in London were a team effort.

So, was the execution of 911.

The US has a history of Individualism, with the Uni Bomber being the most famous terrorist since the Boston Tea Party. The guy who threatened to blow up the Washington monument was a solo act, and died alone. The mind set at the time of the Boston Tea Party probably never would have created a Uni-Bomber, but today society has changed. Rugged Individualism is heralded to the point where projects like FEMA have OBVIOUSLY not been taken seriously enough.

We knew the response would be lousy.

Durring my citiy's last disaster, response was pathetic to a series of destructive brush fires.

The military chose not to fly air support to douse the flames, because Governor Davis did not request the military for assistance. This is a result of cover your ass bureaucracy, but the fact that nobody has fixed the broken system is routed in Individualism and the concept of everyman for themselves, rather than the it takes a village approach...

That being said, I would suspect that in America, I don't think the left and right wing are drawn unequally towards team rather than individual sports.

Perhaps the right wing is more drawn towards golf and American football while the left is drawn towards tennis and ultimate frisbee. :huh2:

So, it should not be a partisan issue to have tax payers pay for an emergency response system that works, right?

And what it the answer in NI? more tennis and golf? :lol:

And what it the answer in NI? more tennis and golf? :lol:

60422[/snapback]

More fooball matches against England could be useful. :bbblll:

Baseball might be worth exploring, though I'm not sure if we play it the same way as the Yanks – although the sale of baseball bats here is phenomenal, there are no balls bought :huh2:

btw – when I said we have plenty of ashes here at the moment, this is what I meant (in case you thought I meant something trivial...)

tonight's paper

post-890-1126829245_thumb.jpg

oh well, it was One – Nil, as Jaap kindly added

post-890-1126831073_thumb.jpgpost-890-1126831090_thumb.jpg

60389[/snapback]

Well you know what they say: "The Future's Bright.... The Future's Orange"

"The Future's Bright.... The Future's Orange"

60430[/snapback]

Buell orange?

Clearly Freudian. You can't get it out of your noggin, can you?

What can I do about that?

60437[/snapback]

Now we're talking 'consultation'.

I charge for that.

Unless you're a charity case?