The Ashes come home

Guest Nogbad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one was delighted to see the poms win. Our elite sportspeople are a repulsive lot coached at expensive facilities at the public expense they behave like arseholes and never give anything back to the public that paid for thier educations. They earn absurd amounts of money for doing not a lot and then complain bitterly about what a hard time they have swanning around all over the world where their dreadful behavior, and especially their mysoginistic attitude in he case of the males, gets them into trouble and sullies our name abroad.

Well done the Poms. Thoroughly deserved!!!! :thumbsup:

Pete

where their dreadful behavior, and especially their mysoginistic attitude in he case of the males, gets them into trouble and sullies our name abroad.

Pete

60105[/snapback]

English football has this very problem however....... As does the popular English youths' holiday pastime of team binge drinking in Ibiza

...Our elite sportspeople are a repulsive lot ...

Not from what I heard - everything Warne & Ponting said in defeat & the oz commentators been nothing but good humoured & saying how they were proud to be a part of a great sporting event etc...no sour grapes or whinging - just pride in taking part. Compared with the football I usually watch it's a real breath of fresh air. Good on both teams for the pleasure they've given all of us who watched or listened, & I really ain't got much interest in cricket...

KB :sun:

Yeah, yeah. My opinion, and I know you guys could care less. Team sports SUCK!!! There's always at least one ass dragger who doesn't deserve the ring, or the cup or whatever they're handing out for whatever championship.

Singular championships are the true test. I know some will say that motorcycle road racing is a team sport in a way. But it comes down to the rider and only the rider once out on the track. If you do good, you do well in life. You do bad, and you'll find yourself working the late shift at Ronald McDonalds.

Ciao, Steve G.

Yeah, yeah. My opinion, and I know you guys could care less. Team sports SUCK!!! There's always at least one ass dragger who doesn't deserve the ring, or the cup or whatever they're handing out for whatever championship.

Singular championships are the true test. I know some will say that motorcycle road racing is a team sport in a way. But it comes down to the rider and only the rider once out on the track. If you do good, you do well in life. You do bad, and you'll  find yourself working the late shift at Ronald McDonalds.

Ciao, Steve G.

60144[/snapback]

I think you're wrong. Team sports are good because performance depends on the team being greater than the sum of the individuals. You see this in football all the time. Often a team of averagely good players that plays as a team will defeat a fancy national side, because taking England as an example, they are not a team, just a bunch of arrogant prima donnas.

Quite frankly, I deplore the "every man for himself, and let the devil @#!#$# the hindmost" sentiment implicit in what you say. Too much of that in a society and you get what we saw in New Orleans.

THE ASHES ARE COMING HOME! CONGRATULATIONS ENGLAND!! :bier:  :bier:  :drink:  :drink:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

60086[/snapback]

First the world cup then the ashes ... what is the world comming to?

Seriously though, congratulations - we didn't give either of them up without a fight.

I think you're wrong. Team sports are good because performance depends on the team being greater than the sum of the individuals. You see this in football all the time. Often a team of averagely good players that plays as a team will defeat a fancy national side, because taking England as an example, they are not a team, just a bunch of arrogant prima donnas.

Quite frankly, I deplore the "every man for himself, and let the devil @#!#$# the hindmost" sentiment implicit in what you say. Too much of that in a society and you get what we saw in New Orleans.

60198[/snapback]

It's not an 'every man for himself sentiment' that I'm trying to push. Keeping with sports [why you're bringing in the New Orleans disaster into this I can't figure], take golf for example. Ok, I can't watch it either, but it is the ultimate test, as is singles tennis. It is crystal clear the objective you must achieve. More so than a team sport, because you are fully responsible for your result.

Ciao, Steve G.