What's this? Mystery thing on my bike..

Guest Britcheflee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two small vials in there, one containing holy water, one containing snake oil, and a splinter of the true cross in the green special edition ones.

62686[/snapback]

Brilliant! An on-board reliqury (Sp?). The market will be immense! Bits of the true cross are only the beginning! Bits of bones of saints! Arrowheads used on St. Sebastian! Where's my Oxford Dictionary of Saints? There must be any number of martyrs we can manufacture relicts for to celebrate their demise. I wonder if i can get a government grant to set up a business!

Pete

(no offence intended to any Catholics who might take this stuff seriously. We had a priest for a while in Bungendore who had a huge collection of such stuff he'd collected on his travels and called it his 'Trivia collection of God-Bothering nonsense.' He was a good bloke actually and was fond of a beer or two :bier: )

charging system on the V11 won't support the requirements for an electromagnet.

62472[/snapback]

It doesn't need to. You use a capacitive discharge system on a pulse forming network, just like an air search radar. You won't get but one pulse once in a while or when triggered (preferably) but you can get one doozy of a pulsed magnetic field. I've seen fields of a million Tesla from capacitor banks about the size of a Volkswagon bug and you surely don't need fields of that strength. The whole coil and charge unit shouldn't be much larger than a large ignition coil.