Is Guzziology really helpful?

bigbikerrick

Hello Folks, Im debating whether to spend the money on a Guzziology book. I have the V 11 sport repair manual on CD,and between it and the awesome people on this forum,many who are absolute v 11 sport Gurus, Ive been able to do everything ive needed to so far on my 2002 naked (the bike ,not me) :D Ive heard the Guzziology is mostly for people that have some of the older bikes, is this true? , or is there alot of useful information on our late model v 11 sports in it? I guess Guzziology is kind of hard to find and pricey also. :mg:

It depends what you're going to need it for of course, and who knows about that? Apart from specific needs, it's great for general reading and info, some of which will relate directly to your bike and some of which you might just be interested in anyway as it increases your background knowledge of Guzzi machinery & techniques.

Guzzi's own manual isn't great. Take out the extra languages and it's pretty thin. It's extremely expensive. Guzziology is much better value and may be more practical help for some things. If you are going to do work yourself, it can't hurt to have both.

Guzziology can be got mail order (probably from some MG dealers in US?) or from Amazon.

Guest ratchethack

Rick, IMHO it's a question of how much care and attention you plan to give your Guzzi and how long you plan to keep it. If the answer is something like lots and long, IMHO it's an invaluable primary resource, especially for V11 owners who do their own maintenance. It's value goes far beyond the sketchy shop manual and compliments it nicely. An added bonus is that when or if you need clarification or expansion on something, Dave Richardson (the author) is fairly accessible lately with a phone call to Moto International, and in my experience, always pleased to help. I highy recommend it. If you're having trouble finding it, you can do what I did and go directly to the publisher (Dave). :sun:

I have found it both interesting reading and a valuable resource. It has saved me many a classic..... take it apart 200% as far as necessary to understand it....., and then fix it.