V 11 center stand kit/Luggage rack..

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Is there a center stand kit for the V11 sport? Also looking for a rear luggage rack for same (not saddle bag or luggage, the rear rack alone) - if there is a center stand kit has anyone here put one on? This would be for my 05 Ballabio.

Thanks,

Lee

There are racks that sit on and over the tail unit, not dissimular to the luggage racks on old two seat roadsters :)

Motomecca have one and Moto Guzzi have their own on web site accessori page

Then there's the Ventura Bike-Pack system. But if you only want it for the rack probably a bit expensive. ( I might add this to my get up)

There are racks that sit on and over the tail unit, not dissimular to the luggage racks on old two seat roadsters  :)

Motomecca have one and

63524[/snapback]

I have one of the Motomecca ones. Don't bother if you want luggage. It's bent. The reason I got it was as a grab handle for the wife. You can't actually put luggage on it!

It wasn't clear to me it was bent until it arrived, and had I realised the truth of this fashion accessory, I would have got something else!

I bought one from Agostinis- its heavy duty and does the job. Mine is black.

http://www.agostiniduilio.com/accessori/portap_2_gb.htm

Helen has a Guzzi one on her V11 in silver- a lot lighter than mine but still seems to do the job:

Its on the 3rd line down on this link:

http://www.corsaitaliana.com/index.php?f=data_moto_guzzi&a=2

We have carried shedloads on these racks taking our camping gear etc.

Guy :helmet:

I have one of the Motomecca ones. Don't bother if you want luggage. It's bent. The reason I got it was as a grab handle for the wife. You can't actually put luggage on it!

It wasn't clear to me it was bent until it arrived, and had I realised the truth of this fashion accessory, I would have got something else!

63540[/snapback]

I think the nonhomophobic terminology you're looking for is " curved following the shape of the tail, not very suitable for fastening flat luggage to." :)

I think the nonhomophobic terminology you're looking for is " curved following the shape of the tail, not very suitable for fastening flat luggage to."  :)

63546[/snapback]

Yes quite, the nigger in the woodpile turned out to be the poor representation on the Motomecca website.

Can't I just tell you work in the public sector......

Can't I just tell you work in the public sector......

63554[/snapback]

Yes it getting a bit much.

I've just had to do additional online training on equal opportunities. Last spring everyone had to do a days training as well. The cynic in me suspects this is to absolve the Chief Constable of any responsibility for any of my actions that might offend anyone. With the burden of proof being reduced to "balance of probabilities - civil law standard" from "beyond all reasonable doubt - criminal law standard" for discipline matters. The expressions “sacrificial lamb" and scapegoat spring to mind. I anticipate once you've had a few brushes if you're lucky enough to still have a job you might end up concentrating your efforts at white middle class motorists.

My wife was telling me of the Christmas panto "Snow White and the seven Gnomes" that is being put on somewhere, in order not to offend the sensibilities of dwarfs. FFS Not only do we first offend them by casting them as honest hard working chaps residing in a fraternal group naming them by characteristics of their personality etc. We then remove any chance of regular seasonal employment. Under equal opportunities legislation I have successfully auditioned for a role and will be appearing as "Lanky- the 6' Gnome"

So watch out cos "he's behind you" :P

Check out www.mgcycle.com

They have a tail rack (Stucci) that is removeable. Tell Gordon I sent you and he'll give you the same discount he gave me. :thumbsup:

I bought a Hepco Becker bracket that allowed me to transfer the bags from my California to the LeMans.

Is there a center stand kit for the V11 sport?  Also looking for a rear luggage rack for same (not saddle bag or luggage, the rear rack alone) - if there is a center stand kit has anyone here put one on?  This would be for my 05 Ballabio.

Thanks,

Lee

63510[/snapback]

TLM has a centerstand kit for the V11 Sports and the earlier Sport 1100's/Daytona RS types. The earlier one fits in fairly snug and visually unobtrusive (and heavy). I liked it well enough to order the one for the V11 Sport from Moto International in Seattle. When it arrived, it didn't seem to fit anywhere. A very strange piece of work. Very expensive too at nearly $300. Especially because it didn't seem to fit anywhere. Jimbemotumbo sent me his and lo and behold, mine was missing two pieces! I did put it one the V11 Sport and it didn't lift the bike up enough to lift a wheel. I took it off and then discovered that the WP rear shock I had put on the V11 Sport was a centimeter longer and the bike was jacked up fairly high in back. I've switched back to the Sachs shock and the centerstand would probably be okay if I put it back on. It's not a pretty stand though, it fits OUTSIDE of the porkchop and is in a word - ugly. So I haven't put it back on. Yet. Maybe never.

Guest trispeed

Yes quite, the nigger in the woodpile turned out to be the poor representation on the Motomecca website.

I believe the correct terminology is " Ethiopian in the fuel supply".

Thank you.

dwarfs

63560[/snapback]

They're called "little people"! And I'm not one of them...

:)

Oh... and please be careful with the use of words like nigger... I don't care much about PC but we don't want to offend people on this board.

Guest Britcheflee

The ironic thing about the N word is that black folk use it more that white!!!!

By the way my kids were born here in the USA - does that make them European Americans? :huh2:

Lee

They're called "little people"! And I'm not one of them...

:)

Oh... and please be careful with the use of words like nigger... I don't care much about PC but we don't want to offend people on this board.

63710[/snapback]

Over here the 'little people' are the 'fairies.' :)

Nige. B)