V 11 center stand kit/Luggage rack..

Guest Britcheflee

Check out www.mgcycle.com

They have a tail rack (Stucci) that is removeable. Tell Gordon I sent you and he'll give you the same discount he gave me.  :thumbsup:

I bought a Hepco Becker bracket that allowed me to transfer the bags from my California to the LeMans.

63564[/snapback]

Do you know how much the stucchi tail rack costs? Ive heard its the best one... :mg:

Is this PC? How to tell if you beer is cold enough.

Obviously the drink on the left is the correct temperature for those who like it cold...

63753[/snapback]

Wow- talk about conflicting interests...I'm not entirely sure what part of the picture is more mouth watering! (Well OK, I'm kinda sure) :drink:

Helen has a Guzzi one on her V11 in silver- a lot lighter than mine but still seems to do the job:

Its on the 3rd line down on this link:

http://www.corsaitaliana.com/index.php?f=data_moto_guzzi&a=2

We have carried shedloads on these racks taking our camping gear etc.

Guy 

The alloy Guzzi rack looks great and feels strong but rated at 3kgs (nowhere near enough). I have converted my Hepco and Becker 45 litre top box to fit the rack directly as the H&B steel adaptor is both heavy and ugly.

I'm hoping to carry about 7k, will I have to add some additional support, some formed foam between rack and tailpiece? Any ideas please?

Terry, I'm shocked. You didn't take me anywhere that they tested the temp of the beer like that before serving it when I was there earlier this month. All I got was a flying squirrel and a moose named Bullwinkle. :bier:

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

I'd say no problem to carry 7kg in a top case mounted on the original carrier. I did 1500km with 15kg in my top case, riding 140-150km/h in motorways, and the carrier is perfect. I carry 7kg (huge laptop plus backpack) in the topcase every day to go to work since one month and no problem at all. I have a givi V46 top case. Here is a picture.

moncenisio2.jpgmoncenisio2.jpg

I'd say no problem to carry 7kg in a top case mounted on the original carrier. I did 1500km with 15kg in my top case, riding 140-150km/h in motorways, and the carrier is perfect. I carry 7kg (huge laptop plus backpack) in the topcase every day to go to work since one month and no problem at all. I have a givi V46 top case.

Thanks Gallo_SE that's confidence inspiring. If it does give problems please be kind enough to post a warning. BTW your pic shows a pannier set up, what is it and how does it look with the bags off? The Le mans looks pretty poor (to me) with pannier racks but I would like the option to use narrow panniers occasionally.

Point taken Zoom Zoom but appears that the addition will not be needed

regards John

The alloy Guzzi rack looks great and feels strong but rated at 3kgs (nowhere near enough). I have converted my Hepco and Becker 45 litre top box to fit the rack directly as the H&B steel adaptor is both heavy and ugly.

I'm hoping to carry about 7k, will I have to add some additional support, some formed foam between rack and tailpiece? Any ideas please?

63771[/snapback]

Helen has carried much more than 3kg on the rack with no probs- I think the 3KG thing is to stop Americans suing them!

She makes a good pack horse!

Guy :helmet:

Panniers are the Moto Guzzi version of the tekno ones, the racks are pretty similar, and since the back of the bike is black you don't notice them really. I'll shoot a picture of the bike without panniers, anyway.