02 Scura

tomsp

...Well, so far as I am aware they should both have a similar clutch....

Dunno, but I've heard more than once that they're different units. Didn't someone suggest here that R Mandello has genuine RAM (aftermarket manuf) clutch & Scura etc has MG copy of RAM?

KB :sun:

Dunno, but I've heard more than once that they're different units. Didn't someone suggest here that R Mandello has genuine RAM (aftermarket manuf) clutch & Scura etc has MG copy of RAM?

KB :sun:

64309[/snapback]

Well, that is why I chose my words carefully. :huh2:

Not only that..... but it also depends if anybodys been in there afterwards anyway. :huh:

Nige. B)

Guest Rich Fernandez

I own a 2002 Scura to which I have added a V-11 fairing and raised handlebars. The ride has been quite good but this has to be weighed against several problems. First, vapor lock. This has occured on a number of occasions and I've been stuck for over an hour each time. I just brought it in for the 6000 service. It needed new fork seals and the rear shock has to be rebuilt. They will also be moving the fuel pump and insulating the lines according to information posted on this site.The case paint looks atrocious and MG has been notified, but I still await new cases. I do not know if any of the above, other than the cases, will be covered. MG is not responsive is this regard.

I own a 2002 Scura to which I have added a V-11 fairing and raised handlebars. The ride has been quite good but this has to be weighed against several problems. First, vapor lock. This has occured on a number of occasions and I've been stuck for over an hour each time. I just brought it in for the 6000 service. It needed new fork seals and the rear shock has to be rebuilt. They will also be moving the fuel pump and insulating the lines according to information posted on this site.The case paint looks atrocious and MG has been notified, but I still await new cases. I do not know if any of the above, other than the cases, will be covered. MG is not responsive is this regard.

64721[/snapback]

Rich has had a particularily bad time with his Scura -- Mine has had none of these problems, fine forks, paint looks new, no problems with the rear shock, not once stranded with vapor lock. Also, no clutch, gearcase or valve troubles although these also seem to show up with varying frequency. BUT, you can DEPEND on replacing the pawl spring and arm and sorting the suspension IN SOME WAY - both of which aren't problems on later Ohlins equipped bikes.

Meanwhile, you can sort these issues adding on to the low $8k price you see and still get a heckuva deal.

The "issue" might be the clutch, some have exploded. Others are happy with it. Other than finish and ohlins there is no difference with same year v11 naked. So they share bad engine paint.

63950[/snapback]

There's more bad news about the clutch on the way. I'll wait for a while to see if the guy who has suffered wants to post about it, but it gives major reinforcement to the idea that there is an inherent fault with these clutches.

:(

Scura cluch makes heaps more noise than Rosso M. :huh2: Lighter flyweel I think.{more pulsing of the motor} I,m told.

Vapour lock,Haven't had any probs yet,Although I had bigtime tank suck and found out air breather hoses under tank,Were kinked causing serious suck that made it hard to open petrol{Gas} tank cap.{FIX}: Pull hose down near starter at the same time as lowering tank.This could add to vapour lock probs if breathers are cut off. :2c:

Gilly :bier:

:2c: i put petrol in tank, standard unleaded.change oil & filter. and ride, ie adjust chain every 8-10 k. and enjoy the ride. :moon: just wait till iv'e got my staintunes on! :rasta:

Scura cluch makes heaps more noise than Rosso M. :huh2: Lighter flyweel I think.{more pulsing of the motor} I,m told.

Vapour lock,Haven't had any probs yet,Although I had bigtime tank suck and found out air breather hoses under tank,Were kinked causing serious suck that made it hard to open petrol{Gas} tank cap.{FIX}: Pull hose down near starter at the same time as lowering tank.This could add to vapour lock probs if breathers are cut off. :2c:

Gilly :bier:

64825[/snapback]