2002 V11 Sport

big J

How many V11 Sports were made? There cant be that many, mine was one of a pair at the Erin rally last year, but there was plenty of them 10-a-penny Scuras and Le Mans etc. :P

I think there should be a registry for the V11 Sports, we can invent any kind of serial numbers we want,nicknames included, and we can subdivide into groups according to when the bike was built- am or pm. :thumbsup:

We can then further subdivide into colour coding and fashion accessories,etc.

How about it Jaap?

How many V11 Sports were made? There cant be that many, mine was one of a pair at the Erin rally last year, but there was plenty of them 10-a-penny Scuras and Le Mans etc. :P

I think there should be a registry for the V11 Sports, we can invent any kind of serial numbers we want,nicknames included, and we can subdivide into groups according to when the bike was built- am or pm. :thumbsup:

How about it Jaap?

64072[/snapback]

Here's a link to the official website for the V11 Sport.

Here's a link to the official website for the V11 Sport.

64077[/snapback]

Worthy though the campaign to bring real beer to the denizens of Alabama may be, it has nothing (it seems) to do with the V11, unless these high gravity beers are good as gear lubricant or race fuel.

Me too! That settles it, the sport is obviously far rarer than them old Tennis and Scuras :D ,we should definately have a register of burgundy v11s with special burgundy and silver background!

Now all we have to do is hijack every thread til Jaap caves in and sets it up :P

All you guys with green and red V11's need to set one up too y'know :thumbsup:

Soon we could have a registry for every bike with every different colour combination and series of modifications.

For example, Martin Barretts bike could be in the Le Mans registry for bikes with tankbags and panniers and wobbly exhausts!

Jaap, hope you werent planning any holidays :D

For example, Martin Barretts bike could be in the Le Mans registry for bikes with tankbags and panniers and wobbly exhausts!

Jaap, hope you werent planning any holidays :D

64127[/snapback]

That will be the GRIGIO TITANIUM Lemans with tank bag and panniers and wobbly exhausts

Though the wobbly exhaust issue might be fixed :) used bits of hack saw blade inserted under the clamping bands to tighten down on. Perhaps you can advise me if it still wobbles over the weekend 9-11 June :thumbsup::drink::race: ERIN 06

Ah, yes, isn't jealousy a wonderful thing.

Big J, you already have a reasonably pretty motorcycle, don't feel so intimidated.

After all, we're all Gods children!

That will be the GRIGIO TITANIUM Lemans with tank bag and panniers and wobbly exhausts

Though the wobbly exhaust issue might be fixed  :)  used bits of hack saw blade inserted under the clamping bands to tighten down on.  Perhaps you can advise me if it still wobbles over the weekend 9-11 June  :thumbsup:  :drink:  :race: ERIN 06

64133[/snapback]

What have you heard, Martin? I didn't know they were having another, I'll be there if they are.

We'll just to cabletie Baldini to the lamp post outside the hotel this time :D

It was great last time to meet and swap stories and compare notes, I had a rare time, just bolloxed tired cos of a heavy week workwise beforehand. That wont happen again. :grin:

What have you heard, Martin? I didn't know they were having another, I'll be there if they are.

We'll just to cabletie Baldini to the lamp post outside the hotel this time :D

It was great last time to meet and swap stories and compare notes, I had a rare time, just bolloxed tired cos of a heavy week workwise beforehand. That wont happen again. :grin:

64153[/snapback]

The dates were in the current issue of the grumblemonger, can't remember exactly where but will look it up when I get home

Edit - Page 55 Events 2005/6 - though there is mention of a planning meeting being held in October to finalise next years events in Chairchat final dates to be publishe din the next issue - so might not be fixed in stone yet- but I've put my leave application in allready

Edited by Martin Barrett

Ah, yes, isn't jealousy a wonderful thing.

Big J, you already have a reasonably pretty motorcycle, don't feel so intimidated.

After all, we're all Gods children!

64136[/snapback]

:mg:

Ahmen Brother !! :grin:

:bier:

Cheers,

Van

Tenni # 125

The dates were in the current issue of the grumblemonger, can't remember exactly where but will look it up when I get home

64158[/snapback]

Ah, right. The carrier pigeon's obviously knackered cos mines hasnt arrived yet.

How about it Jaap?

64072[/snapback]

The total production of Moto Guzzi may give a clue. I have read elsewhere that production there has been in the 4500-6500 area for years. If this can be believed, a guess would say 1/4 to 1/3 of production for the Spine frame V11, with other production of the Tonti decending California, Jackal Stone, etc, and the small block engine variants. Considering all the variations this entails, with V11 Sport, Lemans [in all it's variants], Coppa, and the limited edition Rosso, Tenni, etc, one would think between 300-750 of each variant, depending on different things, the main being popularity demand around the world.

Anyway you juggle the numbers, yearly production is perhaps on a par with a lazy afternoons production at mighty Honda. In a word, every single Moto Guzzi made can be considered a limited edition.

Ciao, Steve G.