Norge. The new Guzzi tourer

Guest goffredo

Allegedly, it was not "big enough" to use for the new models. 

68210[/snapback]

No wonder they have had financial troubles.

They probably have a perectly adequate wind tunnel and yet they probably shelled out lotsa lyra to rent or buy a bigger wind tunnel. Gimmme a break. :bbblll:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah! why did they not call it a Falcone.?...Falcone! what a beautiful name!

Maybe they are reserving the name for something better in the future, possibly with a Falcone inspired laid down parallel twin. :food:

66121[/snapback]

Hey, Dave, my understanding is that the US version of the Norge is to be named "Falcone." Looks like you'll get your wish.

w

Hey, Dave, my understanding is that the US version of the Norge is to be named "Falcone."  Looks like you'll get your wish.

w

68224[/snapback]

Alright!

Now if they just give it a laid down twin, I'll go no money down on her!

...or atleast get rid of some of that plastic covering the beautiful engine....but that should be an easy fix :grin:

Decent looking bike, I think- too much Multistrada in the fairing, though. (At least in that picture). By the by, I had a SECA 650 also- '85 I think, though. I had a hell of a time on it-that thing was way faster than it needed to be, with the suspension and brakes it had(or didn't have, rather). Ass end sure liked to kick out in corners though! :grin:

66314[/snapback]

Heck, between yourself, Carl, and me, we compromise 75% of the [former]Seca 650 owners in the US!!! :grin:

We rode the wheels off of ours, I finally sold it with some really obscene amount of miles on it - 130k + or so.

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Ah the avatar bug strikes, it's still there and I've just refreshed, but I did save a copy just incase try this attatchment

68208[/snapback]

Sorry- I could see it just fine. I deleted it out of the post so it wouldn't load into the thread again.

That model looks a little top-heavy. Not too bad, though.

dlaing,

I think it'd be GREAT if Guzzi used the Falcone name again. Of course, I think they are working on a modern verision of one, using the Scura as a base testing unit. Notice all the exposed flywheels on 'em?

/ducks for cover...

That was my understanding.  Allegedly, it was not "big enough" to use for the new models.  Don't see how that could be if it was used for the Spada, as advertised in the 1970s.

Just 'cause it was used, doesn't mean it was useful.

Dr. John told me the throat of the tunnel is too small to provide really useful data for bikes taller than the GP bikes of the 1950s. As a result, Guzzi shut the tunnel down and began using the larger tunnels at Italian Universities.

Just 'cause it was used, doesn't mean it was useful.

Dr. John told me the throat of the tunnel is too small to provide really useful data for bikes taller than the GP bikes of the 1950s. As a result, Guzzi shut the tunnel down and began using the larger tunnels at Italian Universities.

68280[/snapback]

so why don't they put that so some use and go back to what they were really good at make a throw back, like ducati did, I'd probably buy one if the price was right. :huh2: anyway its be super tits. :rasta:

Guest goffredo
That fits more to the Guzzi family that the full fairing one,Beats every half fairing bike on it's class in terms of beauty , oh yes :2c:

68292[/snapback]

My two cents on these issues:

On the half faired: best things to those who wait. It was absolutely mandatory for Guzzi to show that they were back into the tourer segment with a fully faired one. A bike that the marketing guys can more easily presents as a compeltely new model rather than a version of an existing Breva.

Falcone: The Name Falcone IS the name of a monocylinder Guzzi. Actually THE landmark Guzzi Mono. Using it on the fully faired twin Norge would be a mistake in my opinion. Nobody buys ( or refuse to buy) a motorcyle for its name, anyway.

The Wind Tunnel in Mandello has been used for the last time some thirty years ago. The Piaggio Group in Pontedera and Noale has the most sophisticated facilities for all these testing (they rent it to competitors such as BMW too).

G.

my opinion. Nobody buys ( or refuse to buy) a motorcyle for its name, anyway.

68318[/snapback]

I dunno I might like the Katana better if it had a nicer name, and they need to change the Ninja name sometime I just dont think it fits :huh2: we had a thread for that somewhere.

I personally like both the Norge and the breva I like thje breva better but I like the Griso most of all. If it ever gets produced is another matter, and then brought to america yet another. *thhhtpt ....roll....... Ah snake eyes* :ninja:

but I like the Griso most of all. If it ever gets produced is another matter

68347[/snapback]

you have been away for a while, haven't you.

This could be the start of a whole new internet rumour:

> Guzzi gave up on efforts to deliver its Griso concept bike after the first production run were all crushed in a bizarre Mandelo contract-cleaning accident. "This bike has been trouble from the start", said new MG bosses."First, we discovered that we couldn't fit the handlebars into our windtunnel, then there was this crusher incident. The workforce are now so busy adapting Yamaha fairings to fit the new Brevatastic Norge that we'll not get back to the Griso line until....oh, maybe never."

First Grisos for purchasers have now arrived in these shores- they do exist!

Guy  :helmet:

68354[/snapback]

Good try Guy, but I believe the new internet rumour.

Good try Guy, but I believe the new internet rumour.

But your are not on the same shore, are you?

You are on the other shore, the shore were a small

greenish moto otherwise known as mr Tenni

is called the Rosso Mondello

as spotted on the right of the 2 balding guys

a_c_roosevelt-stalin-yalta.jpg